mtbr member
    Mar 2013

New question here. e13 TRS+ dropper post

Anyone here running the new e13 TRS+ dropper post yet. I emailed e13 and they said they are shipping but may not be available until sometime in April. I am looking to replace my super reliable Gravity Dropper Turbo LP with and updated super reliable mechanical dropper post. The e13 TRS+ looks like is may be the answer, just wondering if anyone has any feedback on one yet. TIA - Matt

Norđwegr
    There's a review of the TRS post on the mtbr front page, the new Ritcheys post is going to be mechanical aswell.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Patiently waiting.
    *2018 Pivot Mach 5.5 Custom Build*
    *2017 Knolly Warden Custom Build*
    *2014 Knolly Endorphin Custom Build*

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Has anyone gotten their hands on one of these posts yet? I figured I would have heard more about them since they were originally suppose to be available last month. I hope the March date that turned into April doesn't turn into May or June.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops450 View Post
    Has anyone gotten their hands on one of these posts yet? I figured I would have heard more about them since they were originally suppose to be available last month. I hope the March date that turned into April doesn't turn into May or June.
    Nope still waiting. zzzzzzzzzz

Gravity Addiction
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by M320 View Post
    Nope still waiting. zzzzzzzzzz
    Got one on my yt Capra
    only one ride today and seems good. A little slow returning all the way out a couple times but maybe requires some fine tuning

damned rocks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Dirty View Post
    Got one on my yt Capra
    only one ride today and seems good. A little slow returning all the way out a couple times but maybe requires some fine tuning
    I had ordered a Fox Transfer but my LBS failed on me, so I'm looking at the e13 TRS+ and I want to ask you a question if you don't mind.

Do you have to unload the seat to lower the seatpost, or you can lower it while still seated?

Thx.

Gravity Addiction
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Aglo View Post
    I had ordered a Fox Transfer but my LBS failed on me, so I'm looking at the e13 TRS+ and I want to ask you a question if you don't mind.

Do you have to unload the seat to lower the seatpost, or you can lower it while still seated?

Thx.
    Tested today.. lowers while seated but it does feel like it is the happiest when doing that. Only thing is the not returning all the way sometimes. I believe they bringing a stronger spring out which will solve issue.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Ride Dirty, where did you purchase yours? I've yet to find them in stock anywhere.
    2011 Dawes Deadeye | 2011 Niner EMD9 | 2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy AL| 2016 Raleigh Merit 3| 2017 Salsa Timberjack 27.5+ GX

mtbr member
    Rode mine twice in the last 3 days. Both muddy and wet condition. Failed after the 3 to 5 drops, wouldn't return to full extension. I thought no way! Finished my ride without touching the dropper and needed to actuate and pull the seat post to stay at full extension. Came home and did a full external check. Dry the tube and readjusted the cable. It worked partially. It did not fully extend when down at 0, but worked fine at 80, 110 position. Eventually worked again. I've message ethirteen on Facebook and they haven't even responded, it's been 2 days compared to their "respond in a few hours" message.
    Went out on the second ride and same thing happen. When it was just mild rain and mud, it was fine, got all my positions. Then when it got a little more wet and muddy, it did the same thing. I don't need to explain anymore than that.
    So to conclude when it is dry and the post stays dried it'll work fine. As I found out It's now work again, not even needing to touch it this time around. Left it out of my seatpost and reinserted an hour or so ago. So I don't know what's up with these guys but I'm really disappointed. My first dropper and hoping for the reliable and durable marketing. Hey you want to know the worse part of this ordeal? I live in Australia and I don't even get refund for it since I've quite used it. Is it defective? Not when you're riding in dry condition or just a little wet. However even if it got a little muddy don't think it'll last.
    I like the dropper. It's solid on all position and returns with an umph. I hope ethirteen will get back to me with a solution because a small company that attempts to market whatever they envision at this time is an embarrassment. So ethirteen school me on my am I suppose to do.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    So I don't have this dropper, but I'm very interested in buying one just for the ease of maintenance and no hydraulic. Anyway reading a review on singletrack they talk about having the seatpost collar to tight impeding on the return of the dropper. Have you guys tried adjusting the collar to see if that helps. Figured I'd throw it out there, hoping these work out well.

mtbr member
    Hello Johnny,

You will need to contact your local distributor. There is a new stronger spring that is going to be available early may that they will likely be able to get you. Some of the early posts had a spring that was a little on the light side, and riding in mud and grime would bring this to light. I have attached the contact information for your Australian distributor.

Name: Dirt Works - Australia
    Phone: +61 2 9679 8400
    Address 1: 23 Chicago Avenue
    Address 2:
    Shipping City: Blacktown
    State/Province:
    Shipping Zip: 2148
    Web Address:http://www.dirtworks.com.au
    City, Country: Blacktown, Australia

Have a good day-
    Cory Sullivan
    The Hive
    1445 Technology Lane Suite A9
    Petaluma, CA 94954

Don't think I need to elaborate anymore.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Any updates after this post from Cory? I was looking for this dropper online about 2 months ago and couldn't find it in stock anywhere. Now it's back in stock. Has the problem with the post getting stuck down been resolved?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I'm still waiting for the 125mm to become available. About to by a new fox transfer if it's not available soon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by justin70 View Post
    Any updates after this post from Cory? I was looking for this dropper online about 2 months ago and couldn't find it in stock anywhere. Now it's back in stock. Has the problem with the post getting stuck down been resolved?
    Got my new spring installed. It's been about 1˝ month. Again the little bit of wetness does not go well with the post at all. It will not return without a bit of help. So honestly, I've given up. Only use it when I know it's going to be a steep section. Otherwise, I'm in the market for another. It's winter here in Australia, so I'll wait a bit for other droppers to go on sale. I thought I was going say something good about the post, but it's unreliable. The manufacturer damn right lied about it and they know. I had hope that the new spring will provide a simple fix, too good to be true. So to conclude I'm going to be replacing this with something else. Got dupped by these cheats. Everyone else has the same problem, they confirmed it already. Their R&D, testing department failed. Simple.

Oh Cory didn't get back to me. Terrible customer service method of pawning off oversea customers to their distributor. It's no wonder the damn product has little support.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by M320 View Post
    I'm still waiting for the 125mm to become available. About to by a new fox transfer if it's not available soon.
    If you have perfect weather, any post will do. If you ride all season, I'd get anything but ethirteen.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Hello, I'm in the same situation, looking for a new spring replacement, but I guess the new one will be weak again.
    I'm thinking to replace the spring with a softair rifle one, or with the spring of the Gravity Dropper seatpost, but my trs is 150 and GD arrives at 125 at max..
    I should open my trs and measure the spring..
    Bike Activity, the only App that cares your bike !
    https://market.android.com/details?i...keactivityfree

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cybern View Post
    Hello, I'm in the same situation, looking for a new spring replacement, but I guess the new one will be weak again.
    I'm thinking to replace the spring with a softair rifle one, or with the spring of the Gravity Dropper seatpost, but my trs is 150 and GD arrives at 125 at max..
    I should open my trs and measure the spring..
    You know I should ask for another spring. Maybe the additional spring will give it more you umph. It may be what I need for the wet riding. I'll update if it makes a difference. Otherwise that's it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_america View Post
    You know I should ask for another spring. Maybe the additional spring will give it more you umph. It may be what I need for the wet riding. I'll update if it makes a difference. Otherwise that's it.

I contacted The Hive Europe, they told me they are aware about the weakness of a set of springs we installed in some trs droppers.
    They sent me new springs (since are two, connected together) and a new topcap with a new brown seal (the original one was black).
    last night I installed the springs and the new topcap and now the dropper is much more stronger when risin' up: the new springs are harder and much longer that the old ones.

mtbr member
    Wished it was the same for me bud. Unfortunately here in this strict and controlled distributor BS Australia, they've asked for me to send it back for "testing". I haven't sent it back yet, who knows how long these guys are going to take. So yeah, keep us updated on the ride. Hey if you feel like testing it out, splash some water on it and then engage the dropper to see if it still works. Mine sucks when there's water involved.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I am having lots of problems with my e13 dropper post too. Came stock on my '17 YT Jeffsy.

Mine seems a bit different than the usual spring problem. Basically it gets stuck down if it has been down for more than a few seconds. If I give it a little nudge it shoots right back up. You can imagine this gets pretty annoying on the trail.

So far my experience with e13 customer service has been very bad. I also had a defective remote, and they took forever to get me a replacement. Two of the guys I talked to had major attitude.

I contacted e thirteen support again about the post getting stuck down. After several emails exchanged and sending a video of the problem, the best they have done for me so far is told me to take it apart and put it back together again.

I'm hoping they redeem themselves, but based on this experience so far, I would not recommend the e13 dropper to anyone. Or any e13 product to be honest.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hi I just wanted to chim in on my experience with this seatpost. I purchased this new in August this year. The internals were supposibly all upgraded from their earlier model.

The post developed a lot of play and an annoying creaking sound. I decided to take it apart which was super easy. But it revealed the inner shaft, where the keyways and ball bearings sit, to have excessive wear on one side. The anodising was down to the metal. I was not expecting this to be out a post so new, I'm guessing it was an early wear on the keyways, which are an absolute nightmare to get in!

Here are some pics to show

https://imgur.com/gallery/mg7ZA

I love the idea and design but I'm left with doubts on this product.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ferremi View Post
    Hi I just wanted to chim in on my experience with this seatpost. I purchased this new in August this year. The internals were supposibly all upgraded from their earlier model.

The post developed a lot of play and an annoying creaking sound. I decided to take it apart which was super easy. But it revealed the inner shaft, where the keyways and ball bearings sit, to have excessive wear on one side. The anodising was down to the metal. I was not expecting this to be out a post so new, I'm guessing it was an early wear on the keyways, which are an absolute nightmare to get in!

Here are some pics to show

https://imgur.com/gallery/mg7ZA

I love the idea and design but I'm left with doubts on this product.
    Same problem here: after changing the weak spring and seals, the post worked well for a bunch of kilometres, then it started to develop side play.
    deassembled and got rid of it: the brass keys are worn and the shaft is worn too.
    I wrote the hive and they sent me new keys (the four internal and the head one).
    Now I'm gonna fix it and sell because I can't mind that a seatpost have to be rebuilt after only 270km of usage. the brass keys are too little and weak, this is a design flaw for me! what a pity

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Would you guys consider the BikeYoke Revive? Seems to be way more reliable from what I've heard and read about.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm looking into that post too but I'm a bit tired of buying a new dropper post every 6 months.

mtbr member

Dropper Fail, Customer Service A++

Had my dropper fail over the weekend. (got wet and wouldn't return to top position). emailed their site. got an answer in just over an hour. They sent me UPS shipping label for the return. I sent it in on a Wed. they got it on Friday, they emailed me back on Monday saying that a spring/seal was replaced, and gave UPS tracking for delivery back to me Wed. The dropper did work flawlessly for several months of riding before this. I have to say their Customer Service was outstanding. Sure i was bummed that it failed, but damn they are on it to make it right!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails e13 TRS+ dropper post-img_8049.jpg