Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bikeyoke Revive

Elitest thrill junkie

Bikeyoke Revive

Got it installed. Seems nice. Lever controls speed of return. Lever seems nicely made, mounted up well to the I spec II. Install was straighforward, just like the fox transfer. Cable-uncut weight is 550g, I had a few extra pieces in there before when I weighed it. 125mm drop 30.9. Fits well in my large pivot. I had concerns that it might be too short, but according to the measurements it should have been plenty long, it was, no issue.

Bikeyoke Revive-01f9583b04d70f066c88a574648876508d209b477f.jpgBikeyoke Revive-01f80c0ba6776c692a000884f760c55492258e8f30.jpgBikeyoke Revive-017a20f3bce8a52858e573e136798a06d0293beffa.jpgBikeyoke Revive-01ca86f03a5c3f2dd2f7909c0fcbcf212304c20274.jpgBikeyoke Revive-011168d9f85b758a50a29424761c1f5dd9da8bfbc7.jpgBikeyoke Revive-01c40646d6543083d22b30bf1afb44b2d072a01f95.jpg
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    How about parts and servicing?
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Nice dropper
    Have one 31,6x160 in order waiting for delivery.

Complete service can be done in 15min, without any special tools. All spares well be available shortly.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    How about parts and servicing?
    It's an inverted design, so rather than rely on the seal fighting against gravity to keep air out, it's supposed to go much longer between servicing. If the oil does get contaminated and starts sagging, there's a bleed valve on the top that you can use on the trail in a few seconds. Supposedly the engineering in this thing fixes a lot of those usual issues. Yes, supposed to be fairly easily serviceable too.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by VitaliT View Post
    Nice dropper
    Have one 31,6x160 in order waiting for delivery.

Complete service can be done in 15min, without any special tools. All spares well be available shortly.
    That sounds very promising.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    I'm still waiting for mine which should be late February. It definitely looks promising and hopefully it's as user friendly as advertised.

Professional Noob
    Subscribed. The 160mm version is top on my list.
    => CannondaleExperts.com <=
    All the parts and accessories your Cannondale ever needs

mtbr member
    Subscribed. I'm looking for a new dropper and so far I've narrowed it down to this and the e-Thirteen TRS+. That one isn't released yet, so no reviews.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Well, I'll race it hard in April, but I doubt we'll be able to ride much before that here in AK, so it'll probably be a while. All I can do is play with it in the apartment As said before, installation and function tests sitting on the bike were excellent.

mtbr member

Hi

Good one. Looks awesome.
    "The road is broad, need to travel long"

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Got mine in about a week ago, works as advertised and the remote has great ergos. The stack height from the bottom of the collar to the seat clamp is much shorter than my Thomson so I could have gone with a 160 instead of the 125.

fnInt(1/x^2,x,0,1)
    Got my 31.6x160 a week or so ago and have ridden it several times. Nice action, solid remote, and I've used the reset valve once when I first got it to get it working properly. So far it's fantastic, and I even think it feels better than my other KS Lev posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fleanutz View Post
    Got my 31.6x160 a week or so ago and have ridden it several times. Nice action, solid remote, and I've used the reset valve once when I first got it to get it working properly. So far it's fantastic, and I even think it feels better than my other KS Lev posts.
    Great to hear! Hopefully mine will show up soon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I'm digging mine so far on week 2 of installation. I have had a gravity dropper, X-fusion HILO (old model), and a LEV. So far it has ZERO negatives for me to complain about, from install, remote, speed, etc.

I have found out that if you lay your bike down or place it upside down you will more quickly need a "reset" of your revive, but it takes literally 5 seconds to perform and will run flawlessly for days.

I'm now experimenting with leaving the post DOWN when laying my bike down or flipping it upside down to see if that prevents a bit of oil/air mixture. But again, a 5 second fix if I get a bit of sag.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I've had enough terrible posts I won't be fully optimistic until it's survived 6 months under my abusive body.
    X-prezo Super-D, 26in style.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Anyone try one in fairly cold temps. I need a dropper that can handle some cold. E thirteen also has my attention.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I've had 2 sub freezing rides and post performed flawlessly. Bikeyoke tested it in a walk in freezer to help with oil selection...It's cold friendly.
    X-prezo Super-D, 26in style.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Awesome. Good to know!!

mtbr member
    I was looking for the video that I saw a couple of weeks ago. Took a bit to find it but here you go.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGfR...&feature=share

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Stupid question, but can I order this in the US and how much is it US vs EUR? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T567V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RideMN View Post
    Stupid question, but can I order this in the US and how much is it US vs EUR? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T567V using Tapatalk
    Yes you can order it in the US. The total for mine with the I-spec II adapter ended up being just about $350. BTI will be the US distributor so most shops will be able to get them too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Awesome. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Mine arrived today (31.6 x 160). Can't say anything about performance yet, but impressed with the manufacturing quality. The low stack height of the post is a bonus too, looking forward to getting it installed.

The guys at BikeYoke were great to deal with as well, responsive, friendly and helpful.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Ordered a 31.6 x 125 today!! Can't wait to get this on my WoZo!

mtbr member
    Mine came in yesterday. 31.6 /160

Installation was pretty straight forward with very detailed instructions.

Bikeyoke Revive-img_2387.jpgBikeyoke Revive-img_2385.jpgBikeyoke Revive-img_2386.jpg
    Bikeyoke Revive-img_2391.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Anymore recent feedback. Real close to pulling the trigger (pun intended!). I really like what I read but I'm a little hesitant not knowing what are going to be the long term future of this company, availability of spare parts, servicing, etc.

I know it's not a outrageous amount of money but still not insignificant. It would suck to find out couple of years down the line that I can't get it repaired or serviced and be stuck with a $350 paperweight. I'm even thinking about just ordering a few service kit just to be on the safe side...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adagioca View Post
    Anymore recent feedback. Real close to pulling the trigger (pun intended!). I really like what I read but I'm a little hesitant not knowing what are going to be the long term future of this company, availability of spare parts, servicing, etc.

I know it's not a outrageous amount of money but still not insignificant. It would suck to find out couple of years down the line that I can't get it repaired or serviced and be stuck with a $350 paperweight. I'm even thinking about just ordering a few service kit just to be on the safe side...
    That's a risk with any up and coming business. The emails I have had with Sacki regarding my purchase have always been very quick and professional. Unfortunately, I received the wrong size post and he was on it quickly. Mix ups happen and he went above and beyond to get it sorted which doesn't always happen with the bigger companies. Yes, I realize that I assume some extra risk dealing with a smaller company, but I also like being able to email the owner / designer of the post if something comes up. Not just emailing a company's tech support that is trained in ALL their products. He knows the post inside and out, so I know I have that backing.

My only review so far can be about the installation. The instructions are very detailed and it is pretty straight forward. One warning is that the cable stop that goes on the post end is small. Be VERY careful not to drop it, it can be hard to find on the floor. Once it was mounted, I had about 3 to 4 inches of vertical play. I inserted the 4mm wrench, turned it a quarter turn, pushed the post down all the way, turned the wrench back, removed wrench, and extended the seat post. Now I have about 1mm of vertical play. Rather than trying to eliminate the need for bleeding, he just made it super easy to deal with. Even if you had to do it before every other ride, it really isn't any harder than lubing your chain.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    After all air is bled out of the cartridge, the only time you're likely to get air back in it is if you raise the seat with the bike laying sideways or upside down, or possibly if you lift up on the seat so hard and quick as to pull a very strong vacuum on the fluid chamber thus possibly opening one of the valves. With that said outside of those specific conditions it has stayed solid for weeks with no need to bleed again.

Elitest thrill junkie
    No, no updates other than it still appears to work. I played with it a little today as I was getting some bags made for my bike, but snow is melting and it'll be a while yet before I can try it out. At least it's held air and everything else just sitting around.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Also have a few weeks of riding now with the Revive, and still very happy. Operation is very smooth, and apart from the initial bleed, no further air in the system. And I am still very happy to have been able to fit 160mm of travel in my Medium Specialized Enduro. 35 mm may not sound like much, but in technical section, the difference to the stock 125 mm post is really noticeable.

mtbr member
    Have they raised the price of this dropper? I seem to remember it being around $350 USD. Now it's close to $400.

Anyone know what the retail price is from a BTI distributor?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    My lbs ordered me one through BTI. I ended up paying $374.00. Guessing my lbs dinged me 20 for special order.

mtbr member
    I believe the suggested retail through BTI is just over $400. It does look like the Bikeyoke.de site jumped some though. Roughly $50.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Installed a 160mm 30.9 into my XL trance yesterday.
    Install would be easier on a smaller frame as the cable was only just long enough. Though I did end up trimming 80mm off since I have it slammed most of the way into the frame.
    Quick turn of the bleed valve and there was no sag.
    It's my first dropper, so nothing to compare it to but I am happy with the feel of the lever and it goes up and down. What more does one need? All I hope is that it lasts.

mtbr member
    I'm trying to decide on either the Revive or e-Thirteen's TRS+ new dropper coming out in May.

Can anyone tell me why you chose the Revive over the TRS+?

I have 3 reasons to choose the Revive, 160mm vs 150mm, infinite positions and lighter weight. Available now would be a 4th reason I guess.

The TRS+ has some benefits too. Fully mechanical with 5 year warranty and lower price.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Was in the same boat deciding between the 2. Price difference was not too much a factor for me with only $80 difference between the 2. Same with travel, the extra 10mm did not seem like a big deal.

It came down to:
    - Infinite positions: I talked to few friends and their experience was that the issue with fixed positions is that it's less natural to use, specially if you have been used to just letting the post rest where ever you want.
    - Mechanical vs hydraulic: I have to say I was also afraid of how fast the mechanical post would return vs the very smooth action of a hydraulic post.
    - Available now: I don't trust expected availability. Been burned before waiting for a manufacturer to release a part or have it easily available.

I don't think I was comfortable ordering the TRS+ without trying it first. On the other hand, I was also a bit hesitant to go with a new company and no long term guarantee for servicing, finding parts, etc.

So Revive it was for me.

mtbr member
    Thanks adagioca. I'm thinking the same as you.

In regards to the infinite vs. 4 position, I use my dropper a lot in the middle. I'm sure I could get used to having 2 positions in the middle, but I don't want to have to fiddle with it too much to find one of the spots in the middle.

Talking to a buddy last night, and he didn't care about the middle at all. Said he only uses his dropper for full up or full down. If that were my case I would probably hold out until May just to see what the TRS+ is all about.

mtbr member
    Ordered a 160mm with Triggy from my LBS. Should be here next week.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Hi, I´m Sacki from BikeYoke.
    If you have any questions regarding our dropper (or other products from BikeYoke), just let me know.
    Next to the German forums, I´ll also try to take care of you guys here, as much as I can. Still new to MTBR, so I hope, I´ll get used to it, soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BXCc View Post
    I believe the suggested retail through BTI is just over $400. It does look like the Bikeyoke.de site jumped some though. Roughly $50.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69tr6r View Post
    Have they raised the price of this dropper? I seem to remember it being around $350 USD. Now it's close to $400.

Anyone know what the retail price is from a BTI distributor?

Thanks.
    Our dropper still retails for the same price as before. Just go to our website and choose your country and it´ll show you the correct prices. Maybe you saw the prices for EUrope? 160mm drop is still 310,08€ including shipping worldwide.
    Also we now have the spare parts online.
    BikeYoke staff member - www.bikeyoke.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Hi Sacki
    The 125 dropper seems to be pretty long. Is there a way to make it as short as the ks lev Integra?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Our REVIVE in 125 is actually already about same length as a LEV Integra with 125mm, I don´t see, why you would consider it being pretty long.

If you don´t consider the bottom part, the we are actually even shorter.
    PLUS: Our bottom part can be rotated/oreinted by hand, in case you need to save some space on the front or rear for pivots inside your seattube.
    Please also don´t forget, that our stack height is a lot shorter than from all other posts on the market, which means, that even at same total length, the REVIVE would not insert as deep into the seattube as other posts.
    Here you can see the comparison between our post and others:

REVIVE 125
    Bikeyoke Revive-revive-125-sizing.jpg
    REVIVE 160
    Bikeyoke Revive-revive-160-sizing.jpg
    REVIVE stack height
    Bikeyoke Revive-bild2.jpg
    LEV Integra
    Bikeyoke Revive-lev-integra-dimensions.jpg
    Reverb
    Bikeyoke Revive-reverb-sizing.jpg
    Transfer
    Bikeyoke Revive-transfer-seatpost-internal-routing-user-specifications.jpg

I don´t know of any other post on the market, that has a shorter insertion depth at same saddle height with same drop.

mtbr member
    FWIW: All of the drawings above give the seatpost information needed to figure out if a post will fit for a person's max saddle height in a given frame. For example: One key dimension is the fully extended distance from the saddle rails to the bottom of the stanchion collar. This is called out explicitly in the Revive and Transfer drawings but not in the Lev or Reverb dwgs, though it is easily calculated. IMO, the Transfer dimensioning is the most straightforward for the prospective buyer, using the saddle rails as the datum and measuring downward from there to the bottom of the collar, the minimum insertion line and the overall length.

Some brands of posts don't provide the information needed to establish if they will fit a specific application. The Bontrager Dropline is one example.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sacki View Post
    Our dropper still retails for the same price as before. Just go to our website and choose your country and it´ll show you the correct prices. Maybe you saw the prices for EUrope? 160mm drop is still 310,08€ including shipping worldwide.
    Yup, that was it. Showing $310, just needed to make sure I selected the right destination.

mtbr member
    Well I guess it's too bad I didn't get the correct pricing when I tried to order. For some reason the web site thought I was in Afghanistan.

Ended up paying about $20 more from the lbs, ordered from BTI.

I installed the post over the weekend. A couple of issues I had:

1. The instructions say to install the lever and route the cable housing, then make a mark on the housing at the top of the seat tube. Then cut the housing 90mm shorter than that. I ended up taking about another 100mm off of the housing after that. 90mm was not nearly enough to cut from the housing without everything bunching up and having a sh*t ton of extra cable housing. I think this depends on the frame and how it's internally routed.

2. Since I had to cut my housing twice, I had to install the cable barrel twice. The first time was good. But the second time, the 2mm T-handle hex key I was using was a little worn so I guess I didn't get the clamp tight enough without stripping the barrel hex. First press of the dropper lever and the barrel popped off inside the frame. I re-did it using a new hex key and a torque wrench on the 3mm side. BTW- 2Nm = 17 inch pounds. This proved that I didn't have it nearly tight enough before. Once torqued, that thing is not going to slide off!

I had to do a reset after the initial install, then again when I had my bike upside down for a bit. The reset function worked perfect both times.

I rode with the post 2 times and it is awesome! Great return speed, no issues at all. I'm super pleased.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Thanks for the kind words. I´m glad you are happy with the post after all.
    It works really smooth and easy, right? We´re reall proud of the low forces required to move the post.

If you store or transport the post upside down or laying down (the post head being the lowest part of the post), you should store it in extended position, this will minimize the chance of needing to reset the post.

The cable cutting length is not depending on the frame design, BUT the cable length described in the manual is for the minimum insert depth (post is maximum out). This is noted in the manual on page #11
    https://www.bikeyoke.de/media/produc...1487002194.pdf.
    If you have the post inserted deeper than minimum insert, then you can cut the cable accordingly (and maybe even a few millimeters more, we specify a little bit longer than neccessary for perfect lenght). We just want to make sure, the cable is not cut too short in any case.

About the prices:
    Basically the shop always thinks, you are from "Afghanistan", when you first enter the shop, since Afghanistan ist the first country in order of the alphabet. However, Afghanistan has the same pricing as any other country outside the US, so it must have shown the correct pricing.
    We only have two prices for the 160 (125) posts: 369€ (349€) for countries within the EU (includes 19% VAT already) and 310€ (293€) for countries outside the EU.
    For countries outside the EU, we do not have to collect the VAT, so unlike many other companies and shops, we just charge the money, that we can actually keep from the customer. That´s why people from outside the EU seem to pay "less".

Keep having fun with your REVIVE.

Cheers
    Sacki
    Last edited by sacki; 04-16-2017 at 11:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Thank you Sacki. Glad to see you on the forum.

Thanks for a great product!

mtbr member
    ^^^Ditto, can't wait to get some miles on mine!

mtbr member
    All good with my Revive still, but I do have to reset it every time I turn my bike upside down. Not a big deal.

damned rocks...
    Thanks for the kind words. I´m glad you are happy with the post after all.
    It works really smooth and easy, right? We´re reall proud of the low forces required to move the post.
    (...)
    Hi Sacki.

Apparently due to a problem in the transaction I lost the opportunity to get the last Revive in the 160mm 31.6mm configuration sold in the European online shop, because after 15min I tried again but it was already out of stock.

I'm going to do a bike vacations in a short time and wish to know when will it be available again.

Thx.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Hi, I guess you are the one from Portugal? ;-)
    If so, then I tried to contact you by email, because I saw a problem with one order and wanted to contact tat one.
    Anyway, REVIVE 160/31.6 will be back in stock in about 10 days. They will leave on April 28 to Germany, and usually arrive 3-4 days later. After that I will be shipping right away.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    @69tr6r: You can try to put your bike upside down with the seatpost extended. This should make less (or no) air get inside the inner chamber.

damned rocks...
    Yeah, I'm that one ...
    I didn't receive any email. But I'm going to check it now again, to be sure.

Damn it 28th plus five to seven days to arrive will be too late...
    Don't you have one hiding in there somewhere?

EDIT: it went to spam, I hate microsoft...

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Hiding really nothing. Just used ones, but no new.
    If it´s are really really urgent, then you may order it from Bike-components.de.
    They currently still have some stock, as far as I know.
    Or - but more costly - you could order form me a 30.9 version and also order an additional spare part "lower tube unit":
    https://www.bikeyoke.de/en/revive-lower-tube-unit.html
    I have stock of those spare parts.
    This spare tube will come without lasered logos, since lasering is done after assembly. If we lasered the tubes before assembly, the logos wouldn´t be aligned properly, because you never know the orientation of the keyways before assembly.
    If it is not allowed to post those links here, please let me know. I don´t mean to do any advertising, just trying to help.
    This way, you could swap between 30.9 and 31.6 for any future frames.
    The swap is really done in less than 5 minutes. No need to release air or oil.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Hi Sacki
    Great post, softest activation and nice action.
    Is it possible what next model or update for existed instead of 4mm hex get small revive lever installed?

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    We are currently working on a tiny (plastic) lever, that you can attach, using the 4mm hex (or remove it, if you want it clean). But it´s gonna take a little while, until we´ll have it ready. We´ll make it work with the current version, too.
    So you may buy it in the online shop later on.
    The post itself won´t be changed, tho. We just want to add this little lever.

damned rocks...
    I don't really want to spend more money, this month already spent around 250€ on bike parts. I use to buy things from Bike-Components, so I did thought on buy from them, but don't want to pay more. And the 270€ for the Revive is already over budget.
    But I believe it will be worth it.

If you are willing to let go of one those used ones, at a discount, I would be willing to buy one.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Our trails are mud or snow, but I got the bike out on hard ground to get it tuned for the race next week down south. The Revive is smoooooth. Played with it a bunch. I think I'm going to like it a lot.

mtbr member
    Got Revive installed today.
    Its smooth indeed. Remote push required force is very light when the seat is not under load, almost like pushing electronics button. Under full load its more effort, but nothing extreme (same or a bit more theb Reverb remote?). No actual trail riding yet, was just playing around workshop.

Also I liked the fact that 160mm Revive dimensions are close to my 125mm Reverb it replaced, so basically you can have bigger drop range on the same L frame. Reverb have ~4cm collar on top that eats height (and it was constantly untightening for me for some reason).

Will see how Revive is working long-term for relatively heavy people (97kg+) on fat bikes.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Elitest thrill junkie
    Been using it on a bunch of training rides recently (prepping for vacation/races later this week). Really smooth action and very precise in terms of being able to meter the return speed. Definitely like it. Fairly ergonomic as in the lever is in about the right place too. Best I've used.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    For those who already have the Revive installed, does it have the usual play we see on other brands ? That has always been killing on fairly new posts !

Thanks
    French line enthusiast and expat in Denver

I like bikes, I really do.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierp View Post
    For those who already have the Revive installed, does it have the usual play we see on other brands ? That has always been killing on fairly new posts !

Thanks
    What play are you asking about? Twisting or vertical?

Elitest thrill junkie
    I just did the Whiskey Off Road 50 proof on the post and I was glad I had it. Things I noticed after the last few days: You can't turn the bike upside down, even for a little bit, it will mix air and oil and sag. The reset works as advertised. Even on a long hardcore race with 8300' of climb/descent including a lot of crazy rocky terrain and big chunk at speed, it never had any issue and at the end, no up and down play, so I can beat it to hell as long as I don't turn the bike upside down, just have to make sure you have a multi tool if you do. The action is very nice, best I've used, super smooth and sensitive to how far you push the lever and makes me wonder why anyone would want to mess with those hydraulic lever-systems. It's ergonomic for me and easy to use while riding. All in all, im happy with it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Sounds like it can be an issue if you crash. You'll need to reset it everytime which can get annoying.

mtbr member
    The first version had a built in lever for bleeding. Supposedly Sacki is working on a retrofit for anyone that wants that option. That would negate the post crash bleed issue during a race. If I crashed and needed to take a minute to bleed the post, that won't bother me nearly as much as having to get it rebuilt twice a year.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Would be an issue for ppl who race though. It saps your power when the seat is too low and hurt your knees

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    If you crash that bad during a cross country race or enduro run your not gonna win. Chill out and do a quick bleed. I don't see it being a problem at all.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    During a crash your bike may go upside down and mix air, don't think it has to be bad. Many ppl have crashed and won both in mtb and road.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BXCc View Post
    What play are you asking about? Twisting or vertical?
    All the seatposts I had had this small lateral/forward-backward/twisting play. It's nothing and very commun, but if I can avoid it, it's for the best (I hate to have anything with play)
    French line enthusiast and expat in Denver

I like bikes, I really do.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonlui View Post
    During a crash your bike may go upside down and mix air, don't think it has to be bad. Many ppl have crashed and won both in mtb and road.

ha ok

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    My Revive has minimal play, not back and forth, more like twisting. I do not notice that when riding, just can feel it a little bit with my hand.

Regarding crashing, had two of them since the last reset/bleed, and no noticable air in the system yet.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Sounds like it can be an issue if you crash. You'll need to reset it everytime which can get annoying.

No, not *that* sensitive. I almost want to retract the statement I made, as I have transported it and turned it upside down a few times over the last few days and it has not developed any sag, it's just that it does happen sometimes and doesn't seem to take a lot to do it. I raced the hell out of it on Sat and have put some very hard miles on it and haven't had to reset since.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    If you happen to have one of our remotes:
    https://www.facebook.com/BikeYoke/vi...7694469916132/

Prost! ;-)

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I keep noticing how the post is a lot smoother to operate if you are not putting 100% of your weight down. Makes me wonder, is there any additional wear if you activate the lever while fully sitting down vs unweighting it a bit?

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    No, this is just because initially you will have to work not only against the air pressure inside the post, but also against the additional pressure, which is created by your body weight. So to open the valve inside the post, it will require more force to push. But this is only the initial push on the remote. Once you´re over the threshold, everything is same as always. You should not expect anything to wear faster, when opening, while sitting on it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017

mtbr member
    Congrats Sacki. I'm not surprised by the results of the comparison. It seems like you guys clearly have a better post than all others.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Wow, thank you so much! Well, I just think we spent a lot of time on making this post, and to be honest, it´s not the first one, we made. We designed it, taking advantage of over 10 years of designing posts for (an)other companie(s). So we know their weak spots and tried to eliminate them or make the already good features even better. I believe, there is not other team, that has more experience in dropper design than we do. So we tried to pack all this experience in the REVIVE. And belive me: We are still learning!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Sacki, are the inner parts of the Revive also user serviceable? There is a video that shows how to do the service, but it only covers the outer parts - how to relube it, replace keys, etc.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Yeah, the internals are also fully serviceable. We just don´t have the spare parts online (yet), since we do not expect any internals wear very fast.
    Also: We are no friends of proprietary cartridges for high-end posts, that you just throw away and replace, when you have a problem. If an O-Ring is the problem, then you shoud not need to throw away a whole cartridge. That might be user friendly on the first sight, but it is a waste of 95% good material.
    For cheaper posts, that might be an option, but not for a product, that you pay >300 USD for.
    But I guess, society is going towards to being a "throw-away" society.
    Long story short: Every single part of our post is serviceable and replaceable, in case you need it. If we don´t have it in the webshop (because we don´t expect it to wear or break), then you may contact us and we´ll help you out.

mtbr member
    Yeah, the internals are also fully serviceable. We just don´t have the spare parts online (yet), since we do not expect any internals wear very fast.
    Also: We are no friends of proprietary cartridges for high-end posts, that you just throw away and replace, when you have a problem. If an O-Ring is the problem, then you shoud not need to throw away a whole cartridge. That might be user friendly on the first sight, but it is a waste of 95% good material.
    For cheaper posts, that might be an option, but not for a product, that you pay >300 USD for.
    But I guess, society is going towards to being a "throw-away" society.
    Long story short: Every single part of our post is serviceable and replaceable, in case you need it. If we don´t have it in the webshop (because we don´t expect it to wear or break), then you may contact us and we´ll help you out.
    And this is why I bought the Revive! Thanks Sacki!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Its definitely a hihh quality dropper. Looking forward to some more improvements in the future like
    1. Place a push button to release pressure instead of using a hex key so it can be done during a ride easily.
    2. Remote BT dropper
    3. Easily swap out body between diameters to fit different bikes. This can just be a basic shim that you screw on.
    4. Adjustable damper and body height by stacking parts? Not sure if this is doable without risk of leaking.
    5. Markings on body to easily reposition post without having to measure and maybe a way to guide you to install it straight meaning your seat is inline with the frame.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Hi and thanks for the feedback.

1. We´re working on this and it will be possible to install this small lever to the older versions. It won´t cost much. But no need to wait for this new version, if you are hoping, it wonßt cost more than the one now. Buying the upgrade kit won´t really make a difference to buying the new version. We´ll try to keep the upcharge as low as possible.
    2. What exactly do you mean? Bluetooth? This is a few years ahead from now, but for sure, we are thinking about this, already.
    3. We already offer swappable lowers. They only cost 40€ including wiper and installed bushing (including worldwide shipping and 19% VAT)
    https://www.bikeyoke.de/de/revive-un...products_id=45
    The swap takes less than 5 Minutes and requires to release two circlips and unthread the bottom assembly. That´s all.
    Check the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Qiil7IL08
    Unlike we mention in the video, you don´t even need to release the air. It´s super simple.
    4. I don´t really understand what you mean.
    5. We were thinking about this, but we think this is not really neccessary for a dropper post. Once it is set, then you won´t change it again, maybe occasionally. But everyone can make its own mark.
    We did one post for Curtis Keene with a scale for insert, but we decided a clean look for series production is nicer:
    https://www.facebook.com/BikeYoke/vi...7088719643374/

Cheers
    Sacki

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    2. Wireless dropper with minimal lag. KS is coming out with one. The electronics can be part of the seat clamp or collar if possible to have the shortest possible insert depth so it fits more bikes so more ppl buy it as well as making it easy to swap coincell batteries. But it has to have minimal lag. It can also use the battery from the di2 system. You can add a button to the di2 shifter for the dropper for a clean cockpit and the electronics can be housed inside that shifter.

4. Everyone wants a dropper that goes all the way down to the seat collar. It would be nice to buy a 170mm dropper and be able to modify the total drop and the length of the body of the dropper.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Hi Sacki,

One thing I notice in this test is that they measured only 154mm actual travel. That deviation from the specified height of 160mm is much higher than with the others, which deviate 0-3mm. Is their measurement correct?

We were thinking about this, but we think this is not really neccessary for a dropper post. Once it is set, then you won´t change it again, maybe occasionally. But everyone can make its own mark.
    I'd prefer the scale over the clean look. When fiddling around to find the perfect seat height a scale would be nice, like when trying different positions during a ride.

But that's only a minor nuisance with an otherwise great post!

Cheers, Robert

damned rocks...
    I got my Revive today and already installed it.
    It took me around one hour, but most of the time was spent routing the cable internally on a frame with a non user-friendly internal routing process.
    The installation of the seatpost was easily done by following the steps on the user manual, loved the engraved length gauge.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by the-ninth View Post
    Hi Sacki,

One thing I notice in this test is that they measured only 154mm actual travel. That deviation from the specified height of 160mm is much higher than with the others, which deviate 0-3mm. Is their measurement correct?

I'd prefer the scale over the clean look. When fiddling around to find the perfect seat height a scale would be nice, like when trying different positions during a ride.

But that's only a minor nuisance with an otherwise great post!

Cheers, Robert
    We have actually 158-159mm of effective travel. The rest is covered by a bottom out o-ring.
    I can not see the 154mm, which you mentioned.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    The post is nicely machined. You can use a toothpick and fill in a groove with some nail polish as a scale

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Very smart idea!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I bought a 160 revive thinking it will fit but had to return it because it didn't. I wasnt able to detect the very small narrowing of the seat tube at the bottom. Anyone know where to get a pvc or dowel thats the exact diameter of a dropper to dry fit prior to purchasing? Any tricks? Many mfg can spec max insert but many times you can fit more.

damned rocks...
    (...) Anyone know where to get a pvc or dowel thats the exact diameter of a dropper to dry fit prior to purchasing? Any tricks? Many mfg can spec max insert but many times you can fit more.
    Why don't you use a normal seatpost and insert the max you can, take a pencil or some tape, mark it, take it off, and measure it?

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Did you try to rotate the bottom part (where the cable end is place inside). This part can be rotated and you can get some extra clearence, in case there is a pivot or something inside the seattube. However, it won´t help, if the whole ID of the tube narrows down.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    My seatpost is only 125 and i only have 35mm exposed. I was thinking a 160mm will allow to slam it. Probably easier to ask the lbs to do it. I thought maybe something off the shelf already exists. Thx

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    We have actually 158-159mm of effective travel. The rest is covered by a bottom out o-ring. I can not see the 154mm, which you mentioned.
    Thanks for the explanation! I was referring to the "Effektiver Hub" in the section "BikeYoke Revive: Abmessungen Teststütze". But now they already updated the value to 158mm, I guess you wrote to them?

Regards, Robert

damned rocks...
    Hi Sacki,

I have installed my Revive on my carbon frame and used the friction compound from Finish Line, but I want to be able to swap it to my aluminum frame, however I have a doubt.
    In the user manual it is written in bold letters "Do not use grease!",
    But most of the anti-seize compounds are lubricants and some are explicitly grease based. I think I only saw two that don't state they are lubricant's or grease based, one is 'Shimano Anti Seize' and the other is 'Motorex Copper Compound Past'.
    So, can I use any anti-seize, or should I get either the Shimano or the Motorex anti-seize, or if you can recommend other product, I will be grateful.

Thx.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Aglo View Post
    Hi Sacki,

I have installed my Revive on my carbon frame and used the friction compound from Finish Line, but I want to be able to swap it to my aluminum frame, however I have a doubt.
    In the user manual it is written in bold letters "Do not use grease!",
    But most of the anti-seize compounds are lubricants and some are explicitly grease based. I think I only saw two that don't state they are lubricant's or grease based, one is 'Shimano Anti Seize' and the other is 'Motorex Copper Compound Past'.
    So, can I use any anti-seize, or should I get either the Shimano or the Motorex anti-seize, or if you can recommend other product, I will be grateful.

Thx.
    Why can't you use friction compound with your aluminum frame? It's STILL a good idea to use friction compound if your seatpost is slipping in an aluminum frame and probably an ever BETTER idea to use it with a dropper post, because it's that much less you have to crank down on the binder, which when you crank down too much, creates a "pinch" and is the number one cause of seatposts not extending correctly.

I think in the manual they are just saying "don't use straight grease".

Anyway, the revive is still doing great, can't say the same about my transfer, seems to be getting worse. We'll see about that, but in the meantime the revive is still solid.

damned rocks...
    I assumed:
    Carbon = friction paste
    Aluminum = anti-seize

It occurred to me that it is as you say, and I just shouldn't use "normal" grease, but I wanted to be sure, just to play on the safe side.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    We just mention, not to use grease because it will reduce friction. If friction paste is based on grease it still dies it´s job: increase friction. So if it is a suitable friction paste for seatposts, then you may use it, no matter if it is grease based, or not.

mtbr member
    Still loving my Revive seatpost, but it feels like there may be a little bit of stiction developing. Is there a way to easily lube the top seal or do I have to do a service?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Actually, I don´t think your post needs a service, yet.
    Most likely it is the small foam ring at the bottom of the seatpost. This foam ring is a dirt and dust protection, that covers 3 (2 for the very first versions) small holes in the bottom of the post. Those holes allow the post to breath during dropping and extending. If the foam is soaked with oil/water/grease, it may clog the holes and make the post feel sticky during extending and harder to compress, since it will create another air spring in the lower tube. The air can not get in and out fast enough.
    That being said, too much grease during a service (and assembly) is not always the best thing to do.
    If you remove the big circlip at the bottom of the post then you can slide up the lower tube and you will see the small foam ring. After cleaning this ring, your post should work as smoothly as it used to do.
    Let me know, if it worked.
    I´ll add this to the troubleshooting on the website.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Well, bikeyoke 1, fox 0.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Well, bikeyoke 1, fox 0.
    What does that mean?

**edit**
    never mind, I saw your other post on the Fox thread

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast