mtbr member

wtb or sdg seat for my touring/ commuter bike???

Hi all, I wanted to know what seats you guys recommend for my 2014 trek cross rip comp. I currently ride the bike about 30-40 miles every day, and have been recently been getting hotspots from the stock bontrager seat. I am looking at the sdg belair in army camo, or the wtb vigo pro in grey/ black. Have any of you had any experience with either of these saddles?? And also is there any other saddles you could recommend for under $85.00??
    thank you,
    Chris
    14 years, 6 bikes, 1 ambulance ride, 12 medals, 4 ribbons, 2 trophies, and some cool scars = BIKING ADDICTION!!!!

saddle preference is so personal, it's really impossible for any specific recommendations to be of much use unless you have a saddle you really like already, and comparisons can be made as far as width and shape and whatnot.

Get yourself to a Specialized dealer that has an ass-o-meter (yes, it's a real thing) and measure your sitbone width. Also find a shop that does saddle demos. Find one that works for you.

mtbr member
    None of the dealers within 100 miles of me has a WTB demo setup. However yesterday I went to the lbs and talked to a few of the people about sit bone position of the two seats i had looked at, and they both said that I should get the WTB Vigo over the SDG! I ended up ordering the Vigo last night, and I found a used Brooks B17 on craigslist, and i jumped on it as well! Now just to figure out which one i want to use!! xD
    14 years, 6 bikes, 1 ambulance ride, 12 medals, 4 ribbons, 2 trophies, and some cool scars = BIKING ADDICTION!!!!

MTB, Road, Commuting
    I've found the WTB Pure V to be a great all around saddle. I have it on 3 of my bikes, mountain and road. Like everybody says, saddle comfort is pretty personal but these are cheap enough to try. $30
    WTB Pure V Comp Saddle - Normal Shipping Ground

mtbr member
    Careful with that used Brooks. Brooks makes a phenomenal saddle and worth the money, but some people don't care for them correctly and screw them up. Then sell them. Check the tension screw on the underside of the saddle, if it looks abnormally positioned there could be a problem.

The only way to decide on a saddle is to ride it. I use WTB Pure V as well. I also have a Gyes (Brooks clone). they work but it's a hit and miss process. When you find the saddle that works for you, take every measurement you can so when you need a new saddle you can get one of the same dimensions.
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

mtbr member
    Ok the brooks appears not to be used but the guy got in a trade, and was selling it as he has a carbon road bike. I checked it over and appeared to be kind of loose but I tightened it up and put proofide on it and if should be ready to go!! For $28.00 how can you go wrong with a brooks. As for the wtb vigo, I'm excited to get it on my crossrip or my spesh awol when it is in!!