mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    This is just wrong and idiotic.
    -Airborne Skyhawk
    -2000 Raleigh M30
    -2008 Cannondale Rush 6

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I'd say, I agree with OregonLive's writeup. It's both people's fault. No less terrifying or wrong, but none-the-less.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I have many thoughts on this article, but I just HAD to point out this part....

After the screaming woman pulled a stun gun out of her bra, the messenger tried to get away, police said. She gave chase, caught up with him and reportedly "hit him twice in the face," police said.
    BWUAHAHAHA He got chased down by a pregnant woman.
    2012 Rockhopper 29er.

mtbr member
    It's not smart to begin with. But if you do it, one thing to make it less stupid is make sure you can get away, or handle yourself in a fight.

Not that I'd be the first to cast a stone...

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I realized that coming from motorcycling. I can easily get away with a motorcycle but when the first time it happened biking, I just (luckily) bluffed my way out of it. But I was cursing myself for being stupid "you're not on a motorcycle, you have to fight/pedal/bluff your way out of this".

Now I keep my cool on my bike and now it also influences the way I ride my motorcycle and drive my car.

Woman Pulls Stun Gun out of Bra, Attacks Cyclist

People have gone road ragey on me before for a simple "Hey!" so I am not going to get paranoid about inciting a rager. Ragers are going to be incited because they want to be incited.

mtbr member
    So the bicycle messenger was a pedestrian in the crosswalk with a guy running the red light into the crosswalk and first the passenger then the driver attack him? So I guess the cold stare and "Careful!" might be a wiser course with morons like these out there.

Ride safe. Ride paranoid. They may not be out to get you, but just driving normal for some of them, they can sure look like like they are out to get you.

BrianMc

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    I'm surprised that nobody has commented about the stun gun coming out of the lady's bra. I mean, how do you keep a stun gun in your bra?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Where else would she have kept it, in her panties?
    2012 Rockhopper 29er.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMc View Post
    So the bicycle messenger was a pedestrian in the crosswalk with a guy running the red light into the crosswalk and first the passenger then the driver attack him?
    No kidding. It's too bad they wait until the end of the article to make that part clear.

jrm
    mtbr member
    So, it really wasn't the messengers fault so to say. The fact that the driver was packing is reason enough to be careful and WTF is with the crazy prego lady. Sounds like there could be a concealed weapon and assault change in their futures.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    I'm surprised that nobody has commented about the stun gun coming out of the lady's bra. I mean, how do you keep a stun gun in your bra?
    I know, sounds dangerous.

my wife is a veterinarian and some obese woman pulled a sweaty chihuahua out of her bra for an exam in Texas once. and apparently they teach 'em young. I saw a little girl at the grocery store yesterday who couldn't have been older than about 8 who had a smartphone stuffed down the front of her shirt.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    I agree, you don't know where it's been (either the bra or the stun gun, take your pick).
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    my wife is a veterinarian and some obese woman pulled a sweaty chihuahua out of her bra for an exam in Texas once.
    One more reason I`m glad to not be a chihuahua.
    Recalculating....

Human Test Subject
    this news is...shocking.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Re: Woman Pulls Stun Gun out of Bra, Attacks Cyclist

As a 40 year cyclist, and a 20 year motorcyclist / EMS worker I have never ever seen a 2 or 3 wheeled vehicle of any type (motos and bikes included) win a fight against an angry caged motorist.

Bicyclists being particularly vulnerable to the kind of injuries which make you dead.

So like his other cat said, I keep my cool, don't get involved and move on with my riding.

Ch

Sent using XT912 M
    Last edited by a250gpguy; 04-09-2013 at 12:01 AM.