Thread: wohoo

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

wohoo

So last february i started really commuting year round. what started as a few joy rides to work turned into a passion for riding. I set the goal then to hit 1200 miles this year. I thought that the goal should be attainable no batter what the year threw at me. Turns out I need almost every single day of 2012 to hit that goal.

some highlights

- figuring out that i could take my bike on the train with me to school so i didnt have to sit in traffic for 2 hours a night.
    - figuring out that the 22 mile ride back to my car in the train parking lot was faster than waiting the 45 minutes for the train to arrive!
    -I broke my foot in june just after finishing school for the year so I thought I was not going to be able to get to my mileage goal. however as soon as i got the ok to walk i was riding before the cast was even off. which of course resulted in me breaking a cam walker which i guess is rare.
    - finally this morning looking down to see my gps roll over to 1200 miles of commuting.

Planing to double it for 2013. Happy new year people!

Moderator Moderator
    Congratulations, sounds like a great year (except for the foot). Share some photos of your commute in the new year.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    Congratulations, sounds like a great year (except for the foot). Share some photos of your commute in the new year.
    here is a picture of me when i hit my goal this morning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wohoo-img_20121227_083357.jpg  

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE610 View Post
    - finally this morning looking down to see my gps roll over to 1200 miles of commuting.
    Nearly a week to spare? No problem!

Good job, 610 . And good luck with next year`s higher bar.
    BTW, what`s a cam walker? Hope it wasn`t part of you.
    Recalculating....

29er and 26er
    Mar 2012
    Congratulations!!! Lets hope for a healthy 2013. I've set a goal of over 2k as well. Lets see how we do.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Nicely done BigE!

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Great job! 1200 was my mileage in 2009, my first year on the bike after a long break. It's only increased from there.