Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    ong
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I got a good one the other day. I was trying to turn left at a light. I started across the intersection as the light turned yellow, then an oncoming driver decided to gun it through the yellow, forcing me to hit the brakes and come to a stop in the intersection as the light turned red. I yelled something at him, and the driver behind me, who had seen it all, rolled down his window and yelled "I f*cking hate cars!"

somehow still alive
    as a cyclist myself I hate it when I'm driving either the fire engine or the ambulance emergent (lights and sirens) and the asshat cyclists don't pull over but stay 3-abreast taking up a lane.. That gets under my skin, because IMO it's blatant disrespect for anyone else in the world.

There's only a few guys around here that do it, most are good to move over, but damn it's pretty dumb.... for all they know I'm responding to put out a fire at their house or save their 5 year old who's choking to death.
    Not what you think.

My videos

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by ong View Post
    ... I was trying to turn left at a light. I started across the intersection as the light turned yellow,...
    this is confusing the fcuk out of me.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollyw00d View Post
    as a cyclist myself I hate it when I'm driving either the fire engine or the ambulance emergent (lights and sirens) and the asshat cyclists don't pull over but stay 3-abreast taking up a lane.. That gets under my skin, because IMO it's blatant disrespect for anyone else in the world.

There's only a few guys around here that do it, most are good to move over, but damn it's pretty dumb.... for all they know I'm responding to put out a fire at their house or save their 5 year old who's choking to death.
    that's asshat roadies - not commuters
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Clueless genius
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    so they were totally right
    Touch`e my good sir. Touch`e.
    2009 GT Sanction 2.0
    2007 C'dale Prophet 5
    1994 C'dale M400

somehow still alive
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    that's asshat roadies - not commuters

I stand corrected.
    Not what you think.

My videos

mtbr member

A sheriff's deputy I know told me a couple of weeks ago he handed two tickets to two roadies who didn't pull over and stop for an ambulance. I'm not sure I believe him but it did make me feel good at the time.
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

mtbr member

Road [rider] rage?

I had a road rider - don't think he was commuting, must have been training or stava-ing - yell something as he passed me as I stopped, unclipped, and put a foot down to wait for the pedestrians who had entered the cross walk to pass in front of me. I still don't know what he was trying to tell me but I have some choice words for him.

somehow still alive
    Quote Originally Posted by junior1210 View Post
    A sheriff's deputy I know told me a couple of weeks ago he handed two tickets to two roadies who didn't pull over and stop for an ambulance. I'm not sure I believe him but it did make me feel good at the time.
    The do that up here quite often. Haha. And there's a cop that always writes speeding tickets to the roadies at this one particular spot on a hill. Makes me laugh every time.
    Not what you think.

My videos

mtbr member
    The do that up here quite often. Haha. And there's a cop that always writes speeding tickets to the roadies at this one particular spot on a hill. Makes me laugh every time.
    Almost makes me envious being able to pedal fast enough to get a speeding ticket. Almost.
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

weirdo
    What particular spot, Hollywood? I still have one vacation day to burn this year!

somehow still alive
    hahaha Boulder, CO. There are a few spots he rotates thru, but he always gets roadies at his secret spot.
    Not what you think.

My videos

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    When I'm downtown, I'm the dweeb yelling, "get a bike light!" at people.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

somehow still alive
    Quote Originally Posted by junior1210 View Post
    Almost makes me envious being able to pedal fast enough to get a speeding ticket. Almost.
    ah hell coming down this hill you could exceed the speedlimit on any bike.
    Not what you think.

My videos

ehigh, I do that too!

I was headed to the bus stop the other day and someone in an SUV honked at me. So I gave them the one finger salute. I do that when I get honked at for no reason, sorry folks. I caught up to her at the red light and we actually had a civil disussion. Here's most of what I remember of it, it'll give you the gist of it:
    Me- don't honk at me when I'm not doing anything wrong.

Her- I was just trying to let you know I was behind you.

Me- I'm in the road, I just assume there's cars behind me. All honks seem like mean honks and it upsets cyclists. The best thing to do is just treat us like cars.

Her- I thought you were supposed to ride in the right hand lane.

Me- not when I'm making a left hand turn.

Her- okay, sorry, have a good day!

Me- Thank you for understanding and not being aggressive! Have a great day too!

All this at a red light at about 7:00am. It was awesome and refreshing. Especially in a decidedly bicycle unfriendly city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

I was sitting at a red light, waiting for it to change. I was the first in line and I wanted to go straight. first car behind me honks at me (light is red). I never said a word, but I wasn't going to be intimidated by some fat chick who wants to turn right. the light turns green and before I have a chance to go, she starts getting belligerent trying to scare me to move. there's no way you could be dumb enough to intentionally run someone over directly in front of the courthouse and less than a block from the police station. bluff: called.

I hold my ground and am ready to throw my steel bike through her windshield if things get nasty. she leans out the window and yells, "move yo ass, cracker!" I gotta say, that's my first racial slur. it's also my first time getting a negative yell in 4.5yrs in this town.

I wish I had gotten her plate number so I could report her to the cops. a little visit might have been educational. if there wasn't a bunch of traffic behind her, I'd have called the police right there in the intersection. I'm sure every cop in town recognizes my bike because I'm lit up like a UFO at night.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Got this today:

"no wonder you pricks get run over"

From a dude driving a van who was angry because I took the lane for about 40m.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Moderator Moderator
    ^^ That's awful. Hope the rest of your day is better.

GoCyco
    Nov 2005
    Some old guy on his porch yelled at 4 of us as we rode by, "get outta the road, you don't pay taxes!"

Getaway Cycle Center
    Nov 2007

many just beep

my response.....

put out my left hand showing my palm as if i am going to stop......as i do this i drift in front of them.....causing the beeping to stop becasue they are surprised i am doing that.....
    then my open palm turns into "the finger" as i wave them by me.......screaming at them.....
    "dont worry....youll be OK.....you can pass me now"....as they pass I am laughing at their scowling faces.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    I think this:
    Quote Originally Posted by R+P+K View Post
    "no wonder you pricks get run over"

From a dude driving a van who was angry because I took the lane for about 40m...
    Is because of this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickt30 View Post
    .....then my open palm turns into "the finger" as i wave them by me.......screaming at them....."dont worry....youll be OK.....you can pass me now"....as they pass I am laughing at their scowling faces.
    Vicious cycle here.

weirdo
    Terrible, RPK. I hope that isn`t the norm for you.

I got yelled at twice on last night`s commute. I think that just about doubles the number of midcommute yells I`ve recieved
    1st: "Hi, honey!" from my wife, who stopped in the middle of the road on her way by in the other direction.
    2nd "Gklr...frudsw....drkts...bike!" from one of the Job Corps kids whose campus I ride past every night.
    Recalculating....

Getaway Cycle Center
    Nov 2007
    [QUOTE=monzie;9767463]ehigh, I do that too!

I was headed to the bus stop the other day and someone in an SUV honked at me. So I gave them the one finger salute. I do that when I get honked at for no reason, sorry folks. I caught up to her at the red light and we actually had a civil disussion.

i get the warning beeps and dont usually react, except for the "i am slowing hand signal" which kind of slows the whole pace down more for my safety and not for there feelings.....but if it is a long angry honk then.....as mentioned above....my true feeling come out.
    These people were angry before they came upon me......

Yes the civil talk out is great and refreshing but a very low freq of people actually want to listen and talk it out.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Understood. The a-holes in cars are the enemy, we all know that. Giving them the finger just fuels the fire. A nice overly friendly wave usually pisses them off just as much but then you don't look like the bad guy.

Agreed that civil talks aren't the norm both because it is logistically hard and people in cars are mostly idiots.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    I got yelled at twice on last night`s commute. I think that just about doubles the number of midcommute yells I`ve recieved
    1st: "Hi, honey!" from my wife, who stopped in the middle of the road on her way by in the other direction.
    Clearly, your wife should go on a global goodwill tour, providing random "Hi, Honey" 's to uplift the spirits of shopworn cyclists everywhere.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast