Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by anik02 View Post
    It also doesnt take up a waterbottle spot. 2 batteries is all it needs!
    I mount mine's vessel in a cage strapped to the downtube of my bike (where some touring bikes have another cage). Since the vessel weighs virtually nothing just about any method of affixing a cage there works just fine. I've used both the Zefal one (not great, but worked) and the very simple aluminum strap kind of cage mounts (works great), oh and the Minoura one which is a little bulky but works well if the stand-off isn't a problem. I'd bet that zip ties would work quite well though.

My Airzound horn is an essential piece of safety equipment I wouldn't consider riding without just like my helmet, lights, gloves, mirror, and bell.

It also never needs new batteries!
    ISO: 22" GT Rebound frame, year 2000 model

Resident Texican
    So I had my first experience with someone yelling at me while riding. Friday morning, as I was returning from class, some idiot in a mustang yelled "Sidewalk!" at me as he passed. He then immediately sped off. Obviously he doesn't know the laws here in Texas (I would say most people don't know the laws of the road here...). Spurred by his interjection into my ride I almost caught up to him at the light about a half mile later. I was going to tap on his window to talk, but I made it to the car behind him as the light turned green.

Anyways, I understand his point. Most of the cyclists I see around here are just out to ride for a little bit. We don't have many commuters using the roads in this area. I'm one of maybe four (of which I am aware) that actually owns lights to use at night. Most just ride on the sidewalk without lights and with no helmet. So we are just outside of the norm for this area. I would like to talk to some cops and see if they even know of the bike laws for this state. I imagine they might not, or they just don't care...
    F@%K! Where the hell did that tree come from?!

mtbr member
    So I am in the left lane waiting for a light to change and an SUV pulls up next to me in the right turn lane. The window tools down and the blonde, twenty something driver (there is a man in the passenger seat and people in the back too), looks at me and says "merp merp merp merp merp..." while rolling her tank top clad shoulders to the top forty music blasting on the radio.
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

The White Jeff W
    "Nice bike!" from a couple teenage girls.

Had a guy on a motorcycle mock me by spinning his legs like he was pedaling. It made the bike swerve side to side and he almost spilled it
    No moss...

Unpredictable
    My trailbuilding mate had a fatbike girl yell from a fire road next to the tech singletrack he was working on - "Don't make the trails too wide and smooth!"

I need skills
    Jul 2004
    on my bike commute, some one in a passing car yelled, "be safe."
    that was nice.

mtbr member
    Yesterday I had my headlight flashing. I took the lane behind a line of traffic. the guy right in front of me rolled down his window and started screaming at me about my light. I mean SCREAMING. I couldn't really tell most of what he was saying. Then when the light turned green and he started moving, then he brake checked me. Then he stopped in the middle of the intersection waiting for me to go by him with his window down, but someone pulled up behind him before I got to him and he went on his way. People are f'n crazy. Oh, this guy also flew by me a couple minutes earlier going about 50 in a 30 mph residential zone.

CB of the East
    Oh, now I want to know what he said.

Moderator Moderator
    Young boy, excited, on the stoop with his Dad: WOW LOOKIT THAT THING! as I pedaled past with lights flashing and a wave.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I got a "Nice bike!" yesterday as I passed a dude on a bike of the generic variety. I wasn't sure if he was being ironic or not, but I'll take it as a compliment. My bike is nothing special, but it wouldn't be the first time to get compliments simply because it says "Cannondale" on the downtube.

mtbr member
    Yesterday morning I got "Nice light!" from a guy who was walking. Better than the light related experience I talked about a few posts up.

mtbr member
    A while I back I had someone yell "hey shrimp d***!" at me.<k" at="" me.<="" html=""></k">

Ride Everything
    "Whooooo! Hooooo!" as I was out of the saddle on a short/steep rise. Happened yesterday, and it's the first time someone has said something in years.
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooner44 View Post
    A while I back I had someone yell "hey shrimp d***!" at me.<k" at="" me.<="" html=""></k">
    Retort: So sorry to hear of your affliction! or TMI, dude!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    A few months ago I dedicated myself to "taking the lane." On the third day of doing so, a clearly annoyed minivan rode my butt for 1/4 mile and then when it got the opportunity sped around me to get to a stoplight but not before the guy rolled down his window and yelled:

"I am a Baltimore City police officer!! You need to get that bike over next to the curb where it belongs!"

Pretty sure that wasn't a cop driving that red 1995 Dodge minivan.
    My other bike is a /7.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I got what I think was my first honk this morning! Driver still passed at a reasonably safe distance, though clearly very annoyed, so I just waved.

NDD
    Baby boy
    "Go get 'em, Lance!"

Sigh. I stop at the stop sign, a line of cars are passing. Redneck guy on his porch keeps shouting:

"lance! Laaaaance!"

I cross the street in silence thinking "shut the f@ck up already".

First time I get the lance thing and I'm so over it.
    i am basically just an organic pattern recognition algorithm

Unpredictable
    Welcome then LA!! NDD is an interesting choice of username. We knew you were on this forum......

NDD
    Baby boy
    I thought I was being so sneaky. Didn't even think anyone would recognize me on a rigid 29er wearing a flannel shirt instead of lycra. Foiled again!

I'd rather be on my bike
    The Lance thing is annoying. I get it once in a while but it has taken a hiatus currently for which I am grateful for. My friend and I were discussing this one time recently while riding. We decided to reply back with "No, I have both of my balls". That should shut them up, or crack them up.
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.
    2016 miles: 4172/6000
    2017 miles: 66.34/5000

mtbr member
    We did a 50 milers with our scout troop two weekends ago on the Little Miami trail in Ohio. It was my youngest's first time, and he was lagging, so I was riding with him to provide encouragement for him and another scout. Two miles from our campsite, two leaders were stopped at a road crossing. They told me a nasty downpour rolled up a half mile before the campsite, and they were sending a vehicle to pick us up. Since the boys had already passed the 50 mile mark for their merit badge, I was aok with being done.

Two vehicles pull up to the crossing, and I direct them to a wide gravel road just past it so they wouldn't block traffic while we loaded the three bikes. As they pull into what I though was a side access road, one of the vehicles stopped with the right front tire in the grass.

I am busy mounting bikes behind one of the vehicles in the gravel entrance to what I now know is a business, when I suddenly hear a man shouting "..et t... ****ING .... ... ... grass!

I step from behind the vehicle to see a man that's just under a buck fifty charging up the gravel road as fast as his skinny legs will let him. "GET THE **** OFF MY MOTHER****ING GRASS! DON'T YOU HAVE ANY ****ING RESPECT? YOU DON'T PARK IN SOMEONE GRASS, *******!"

I turned around and told the boys to get in the vehicles immediately, and told the leaders to roll up their windows as they weren't yet able to make out what was going on, but the man was continuing towards us. I turned around and starting walking quickly towards him, which gave him pause because he slow his pace. I told him there was no need to use foul language in front of minors, and that I was sorry that one of the vehicles had pulled into the grass and we would remove it. I was about to offer our information in case there was any damage when he yells at me from not ten feel away "I DONT GIVE A ****" (response to my comment on the presence of children) "I SAID GET THE **** OUT OF HERE YOU DISRESPECTFUL ****!"

After that, he turned around and started walking away because apparently he listens to the woman that came out the door and started yelling at him to stop harrasing the trail users. From what she was saying to him, apparently he does this all the time.

I can understand it being a pain when your property abuts a very popular MUP and people pull into your grass all the time, but we didn't pull all the way in, weren't parking there, and were obviously rushing to avoid and oncoming storm. No ****s were given by that guy on that day.

Way back in the 80's, when cyclists weren't an eyesore and traffic was practically non-existant, I was hit by eggs twice, was flour'd, and had a busted hammer thrown at me.

My only conflict since then is one guy yelled at me for rolling a stop sign. I am probably the most conservative stop-sign runner. Only if no cars at at an intersection, and I can clear it before any come to a stop, will I roll through an intersection with others around.This guy made a point to stop 20 feet shy of the intersection to inform me of my transgression as I rolled past. Good thing no one was behind him, they probably would have hit him when he slammed on his brakes.

I was doing a 30 miler with my oldest about three years ago and was feeling a bit stressed because he wasn't following instruction well. The residential streets had an awful lot of traffic for a Sunday afternoon. As we are rolling down a hill, a car coming up the hill towards us suddenly hit it's brakes, scaring the crap out of me, and laid on the horn. I gave a friendly wave back (no finger, but not a wave, son was with me), and yelled something to the effect of "DON'T HONK AT CYCLISTS UNLESS YOU ARE RUNNING THEM OVER!!!". I had to fess up to what I had said the next week when the scout leader that had tried to say hello to us asked what it was I had said. He was in his sister's car, didn't know the winder didn't work, and tried to hail mary it with the brake and horn.

He now knows not to honk at cyclists just to say hello.

I had a farmer yell at me for pissing on his crops. I actually pissed on the easement, but the stressed look on his face told me to not fight the battle.

My wife yelled at me for riding with one of my boys after dark. Residential neighborhoods, and I have over 3000lm of lights and enough conspicuity tape to make a trailer builder grin, but, you know, moms. Mine do not embrace my passion for two wheels (Neither my mother nor my children's mother).
    I will suffer no butt-hurt fools!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingtaco View Post
    We did a 50 milers with our scout troop two weekends ago... a nasty downpour rolled up a half mile before the campsite, and they were sending a vehicle to pick us up. Two vehicles pull up to the crossing, and I direct them to a wide gravel road just past it so they wouldn't block traffic while we loaded the three bikes. As they pull into what I though was a side access road, one of the vehicles stopped with the right front tire in the grass.

I am busy mounting bikes behind one of the vehicles in the gravel entrance to what I now know is a business, when I suddenly hear a man shouting "..et t... ****ING .... ... ... grass! Etc, etc. .
    Technically, if I remember correctly from my time in Ohio the municipality/state owns 33' from the center line either side of the road regardless of the lot survey lines. I doubt that the tire was technically on the property at all. I have people drive off the edge of the road onto the grass I maintain all the time. It is part of the cost of having road access. If it has rained a lot or is thawing out, it can make a rut, otherwise no harm no foul.

However a mentally unbalanced person is never easy to deal with. It is not easy for him to live in the world either. Fortunately, he was not armed. All's well that ends well.

mtbr member
    What amazes me about incidents like that is they have no idea what they are going up against. When I'm on my bike, I've always got some form of protection, and sometimes that is a handgun. That's why I never engage another driver unless they are a threat to my safety. My wife, when she was in college, apparently cut someone off (unbeknownst to her), who followed her off the interstate and got of with a bat at an intersection. 9am, college campus, and the other driver was female. Cop not 100ft away, but didn't notice a thing. People are plum crazy nuts. My wife carried pepper spray at the time, she carries something more powerful now.

Good to know about the ownership, but I'm not going to be challenging someone on that any time soon. We are there to have fun, not engage the lunatics We were, in this case however, about 150ft from the trail, but it was a commercial business, and the grass wasn't exactly manicured. Maybe if it had been seeded and weeded and looked delicious, a guy can get upset.

Which brings up another story. My wife can't manage to pull into a two car wide driveway without hitting the two decorative stones I have in the driver side corner. They are large stones that have been cut into 3" thick slices, about 4 feet long and 6 inches tall with the the exposed top uncut. I set them 3 inches in the ground to provide a decorative border and keep water runoff from removing mulch from a Lilly bed. She knocks BOTH stones over 3-4 times a month. The mailbox is a drive-thru process for her, and she takes a left before clearing the stones every damn day. That's when I shouted at someone.

Didn't help.

Stay calm, ride on!
    I will suffer no butt-hurt fools!

Moderator Moderator
    "Hey, there's a wide load coming up behind you"

This was actually said in a not unfriendly manner by a young man in the big pickup accompanying the wide load. I was approaching the last light, where the road is about to go from 1 lane to 3 (for left & right turns), and I had moved over to the center line to enter the left turn lane before I had to cross a couple lanes of traffic. When he drove at my speed to my right and rolled down the window, I was like "uh-oh", but no worries. I'm sure he would not have singled out a driver in the same locale, but I think they just wanted to keep everyone safe. I said "OK, thanks", and soon got to my left turn lane way before the wide load arrived. I got the green and looked back as I turned, and saw the ginormous crane he was talking about.

NDD
    Baby boy
    ^ Well that's insanely polite. Unusual.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Today I was just out for a fun ride enjoying the 48F and sunny day. Was heading back home on a 3 lane road in a 25mph zone down by the campus. Waiting at a red light and noticed that the car behind me was extremely close. Didn't think much about it. Well, they decided that the lane was wide enough for both of us, so they crammed in there. It was a late model Ford Tauras. Passenger side window was cracked, and I am already off my bike on the left side so I leaned over and firmly said "If I was a car, would you be this close to me?" The light turned green, and I started pedaling. That lean was more like I looked in the window of the car because they were that close to me. Well, that must have pissed them off. They ended up passing me in the next lane over about a minute later, slow enough so I could hear the guy in the passenger seat yell out..."If you were a car, would you still be as big of an *******"? I yelled back..."Yes, because you would have hit me." They didn't say anything else.

mtbr member
    Here's mine (complete with pictures)

I'm riding a gravel mup in an off leash area (but not a no-bikes area), and there are two guys talking while their dogs aree running around offleash. As I rode by the german pointer charged and nipped at me.

Now, I've got a dog, and she's nipped me plenty of times, and she also doesn't particularly like bikes. So I startled this dog - I get it. It nipped me, so I stopped, and I waited. No big deal.

I tried to head out again, and it nipped and clawed at me again. So I stopped and duckwalked my bike a few feet, and tried to head out again, and it nipped at clawed at me again.

The owner was maybe 10' away during this and was doing nothing, and after the 3rd nip I yelled at him to control his dog.

And that lead to a whole big argument about how it's an offleash area and he's had so many problems with cyclists and that people like me are what's wrong with the world and blah blah blah.

The two big things:

He was really hostile. He kept getting in my face and telling me to hit him so that he could call the cops. I told him of course I wasn't going to hit him, because he was already the one breaking the law. I was just going to take his picture and make him famous (hence posting this in a few places)

I don't care about the nipping. All I wanted was for him to leash or at least hold his dog so that I could safely leave, and he just called me a baby and a liar. He refused to do anything until I'd pulled out my camera (and it honestly took me forever to find my camera. Like minutes. I really need a better system).

So I've reported him to the city, hoping that it might be useful incase anyone else has had problems, or has problems in the future. But the city's initial response (from a generic 311 site) is that in order to file a formal bylaw complaint I need the person's name or license plate - which is obviously a completely ridiculous expectation. How would anyone get that information in the middle of kms of trails from a guy who won't control his dog and who won't stop being an *******?

I've responded that I have no intention of making a formal complaint, but just want a contact for the park rangers (because the city doesn't make any direct contact information available anymore) to warn them about this bozo. We'll see what the next response is, but if they keep stonewalling I'll have to complain to the councilor.

(and I know some people may suggest kicking the dog, but the nipping wasn't really the issue. I won't kick a dog unless I'm genuinely afraid for my safety. As I told this guy, the dog is not the problem - he is).

I'd rather be on my bike
    That really is not a good experience, sorry to hear about that. As a dog owner, no matter the conditions, and even though I have a small dog, he is always on a leash. I don't like off leash parks for reasons such as your experience. Dogs are dogs and some people forget that they are animals, and animals by instinct will bite. I think that you handled it pretty well given the situation. I have had to place the bike between myself and a dog before and thought that I may have to use it as a weapon to keep the dog away. The chain ring and crank arms make pretty deadly weapons if needed.

NDD
    Baby boy
    Yeah that dude seems like an irresponsible d-bag. My girlfriend and I were on a ride one time and these dogs were just chasing us down this country road. They started snapping At her leg and she kicked one in the mouth. The owners were nowhere in sight. The dogs just stopped.

What else do you do? This was a big ass dog. I've got a dog and walk him on the mup. I keep him on a chain and make sure he's in the grass beside the trail so he doesn't bother anyone or poop on the trail.

mtbr member
    This city has some issues, because most of the rivervalley mups are also offleash areas. These aren't "parks" - these are gravel doubletrack that go on for kms and kms. So on my 40km ride today, probably a solid half of it was through offleash areas. If you're going to ride here, they are impossible to avoid.

But as usual I saw dozens of other dogs with no issue. And I take my dog to the offleash parks (which are intersected by these offleash mups) 3 or 4 times a week. But we've got an electric collar just-in-case her drive takes over.

This guy had a retractable leash (for a bigger dog, that's the mark of an idiot) and in 5 minutes of yelling he didn't give his dog a single command, or even say it's name (as far as I could tell).

Anyway, my biggest frustration is the city telling me that I cannot report this. That's asinine. All I want is someone, somewhere to have a record of this. But even if I do manage to get a complaint to someone, what's the point - no one else will ever be able to complain about him because the city will tell them it's impossible.

I'm half-debating printing a bunch of "Danger - Avoid this Maniac!" fliers with this guy's face and posting them around the valley.

Moderator Moderator
    What a jerk, I'm glad you were able to avoid a fistfight, Newf. Dogs are never going to be 100% controllable, but when the owners don't even try to control them, and then blame you and get in your face, that's terrible. I feel bad for his dog too. Seems like a built in conflict, though, they should consider adding a fenced dog park to at least reduce the conflicts.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    Seems like a built in conflict, though, they should consider adding a fenced dog park to at least reduce the conflicts.
    The city's policy is that they won't restrict access to an area - therefore, no exclusively offleash areas, and no fenced dog parks period. When we got our dog for the first year we'd drive 15mi out of town to one of the burbs that actually has a fenced park so that we could build her recall. It's pretty bonkers.

mtbr member
    That's ridiculous. I can't imagine having a dog that's not trained at all. My wife and I worked very hard with professional trainers to properly train our dog. Anytime she's off leash outside of our yard, she's on her e-collar. We pretty much never need it though. She's a Lab/GSP mix with a high prey drive, she took off after a rabbit the other day when I let her into the back yard. One yell of her name and she was right by my side. All my neighbors are screaming at their dogs constantly either that or they can't have them off leash.

If your dog can't be around something without biting, it shouldn't be in public. I was at a state park (which has a leash law) snowshoeing last winter and an off leash pitbull came up to me and started growling. The owner yelled that he's afraid of my hiking poles because he used to be beaten before he was rescued. I'm sorry, but if your dog growls at people with hiking poles, he should NOT be off leash.

People just don't want to take any personal responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by newfangled View Post
    The two big things:

He was really hostile. He kept getting in my face and telling me to hit him so that he could call the cops. I told him of course I wasn't going to hit him, because he was already the one breaking the law. I was just going to take his picture and make him famous (hence posting this in a few places)
    Try to record him next time. I'm pretty sure you can get in trouble for instigating a fight like that. You could also tell him if it happens again you will record the dog biting and report it to animal control. The fear of his dog being taken from him might make him think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
    Today I was just out for a fun ride enjoying the 48F and sunny day. Was heading back home on a 3 lane road in a 25mph zone down by the campus. Waiting at a red light and noticed that the car behind me was extremely close. Didn't think much about it. Well, they decided that the lane was wide enough for both of us, so they crammed in there. It was a late model Ford Tauras. Passenger side window was cracked, and I am already off my bike on the left side so I leaned over and firmly said "If I was a car, would you be this close to me?" The light turned green, and I started pedaling. That lean was more like I looked in the window of the car because they were that close to me. Well, that must have pissed them off. They ended up passing me in the next lane over about a minute later, slow enough so I could hear the guy in the passenger seat yell out..."If you were a car, would you still be as big of an *******"? I yelled back..."Yes, because you would have hit me." They didn't say anything else.
    Gotta love how drivers love to be tough guys when protected by a steel cage then they drive off as fast as possible and feel like they got the best of you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Straz85 View Post
    Try to record him next time. I'm pretty sure you can get in trouble for instigating a fight like that. You could also tell him if it happens again you will record the dog biting and report it to animal control. The fear of his dog being taken from him might make him think twice.
    The reason I got my camera out was mostly as a deterrent, and he had no idea if I was taking photos or video. I actually had no idea if I'd gotten any decent shots.

But I'm still getting the runaround from the city. Without the owner's name or license plate I cannot report this - period. Which is ridiculous, because we were 1mi from the nearest anything. And there's no way I was going to be able to read the dogtag or get the guy's license and registration.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I've had all sorts of fun comments, but my favorite went like this:

"As a cyclist, I ride on the sidewalk, that's where bikes go."

I gave him a smile and a wave, which made him politely do the same thing back by pure reflexes alone. As he realized what he was doing a surprised look of intense confusion came over his expression. I had trouble keeping i together, it was almost too much!

mtbr member
    This morning a pickup truck passed me very closely when he had plenty of space give me more room. He got stuck in a line of traffic so I pulled up next to him, he rolled down his window and I said "Couldn't you have given me a little more room". He responded with "I gave you plenty of space". I said "you gave me about a foot" and he said "well you were in the middle of the street". So now his whole story is falling apart, did he give me enough space or not? I said "I wasn't in the middle of the street. I was as far over as I could be, there were potholes" and he said "you can't go around potholes, you have to go through them". I said "and crash?" and he said "I used to ride and I wasn't a pricker head like you" and he quickly rolled up his window and drove off. So, apparently I'm a pricker head, whatever that means.

CB of the East
    ^^No Straz, you are a pecker head. Sometimes it's hard to hear people yelling at you. "Pecker Head" I'm sure that was it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bedwards1000 View Post
    ^^No Straz, you are a pecker head. Sometimes it's hard to hear people yelling at you. "Pecker Head" I'm sure that was it.
    Haha. It was definitely pricker head. I'm thinking he was undecided between prick and pecker head so he just mashed them together.

NDD
    Baby boy
    Prickerhead... I like that. It really depends what you're riding, how big the potholes are, and how long want the wheels to last.

Just bunny hop it, bro. Don't be a little sissy, prickerhead.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    Prickerhead... I like that. It really depends what you're riding, how big the potholes are, and how long want the wheels to last.

Just bunny hop it, bro. Don't be a little sissy, prickerhead.
    Hahaha. It's actually a long section of pipe they replaced and the crappy patching job they did has been dug up by plows over the past few winters, so it's a long line of them, it would be one seriously long bunnyhop.

Ride-Drink Beer-Repeat
    Got a thousand of them. Today a guy passed me and I could feel the wind from the mirror go by my head. When we got to the light I said "Why you cut me off like that." He said "Where's your license and registration" I said "Right here come get it." I got the f you and the bird. Funny there's a sign up the road that says "Give them 3 feet."
    The Internet: All the piracy, none of the scurvy.

Moderator Moderator
    I encountered a guy walking the opposite way on the road. I said "hi", he quacked.

CB of the East
    "It must be freezing. You're a savage, Go gettem man!"

Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    I encountered a guy walking the opposite way on the road. I said "hi", he quacked.
    Aflac

Moderator Moderator
    From a motorist: "You go girl!"
    Me: Wooh! (I am female)
    Motorist: Woohoo!

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Road 16 miles on the road today. Is there a Target on my back that says "AIM FOR CYCLIST!" I raced the banks of Daytona Speedway on Superbikes for years, however I have never been as terrified as riding my xtc on the road. Are drivers completely stupid or just that ignorant!!!!! Lord help them if i catch one at a stop light!

guy
    Was riding home from a board meeting for our local bike co-op last night with one of my fellow board members. It was about 9PM in a quiet suburb with no traffic and we were both very well lit and riding side by side. We stopped at the one stop light on our route home to wait for it to turn green. In short, we were doing everything a responsible cyclist should do. After the light turns green, and we proceed through, a woman who was waiting in her car at the other side of the intersection rolls her window down to whine "Side by side?!!", apparently in complete shock that two cyclists would dare to ride two abreast on an empty road in a quiet suburb at night. We just laughed to ourselves because of who she said it to. My riding partner was the main "subject matter expert" that helped city council re-write the bicycle ordinances last year.

The White Jeff W
    Yesterday afternoon I was riding through a neighborhood and a couple teenagers were sitting out on the porch. One of them yelled "Papa! Papa! Come back Papa!" I lol'd
    No moss...

Moderator Moderator
    "You're amazing" from a guy driving a city car in our capital, Montpelier VT, aka "Montpeculiar".

mtbr member
    I was riding a shared foot / cycle path (not a good start). Nice bright day. I was approaching two joggers coming the other way, they must have seen me but didn't yield; neither did I; we had a close call, he had to jump out the way, I had to swerve. Both at fault really. We exchanged unpleasantries and questioned each others parentage and I proceeded on my way. I was in way too big of a gear and was slowly getting moving when I hear footsteps rapidly approaching. I look back and the jogger is chasing me. I wasnt going to get going quick enough to outrun him and didnt want to be caught from behind, so I stopped and waited...

He ran straight up to me and punched me in the stomach. I was doing a lot of boxing at the time so reacted with a right hook and put him on his arse. He looked up at me and said 'what did you do that for?!' . Really. His mate then approached, uh oh I thought, he looked at the downed guy and told him he was an idiot. I remounted my bike and carried on home.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipSpace View Post
    I was riding a shared foot / cycle path (not a good start). Nice bright day. I was approaching two joggers coming the other way, they must have seen me but didn't yield; neither did I; we had a close call, he had to jump out the way, I had to swerve. Both at fault really. We exchanged unpleasantries and questioned each others parentage and I proceeded on my way. I was in way too big of a gear and was slowly getting moving when I hear footsteps rapidly approaching. I look back and the jogger is chasing me. I wasnt going to get going quick enough to outrun him and didnt want to be caught from behind, so I stopped and waited...

He ran straight up to me and punched me in the stomach. I was doing a lot of boxing at the time so reacted with a right hook and put him on his arse. He looked up at me and said 'what did you do that for?!' . Really. His mate then approached, uh oh I thought, he looked at the downed guy and told him he was an idiot. I remounted my bike and carried on home.
    big mistake....need to outrun them...can be fun as they run out of speed and power...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast