HTFU and Ride

Wellness Programs question...

I have read here and there about employer programs that reward people for taking alternative means of tranportation. I was wondering if some of you who have this could post the details of your program? I want to try to put something together to propose it for my workplace. Thanks a ton!
    Winter is coming.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    My wife's job simply pays her not to drive a single-occupancy car, I guess the focus is more on traffic than wellness. Carpool, bus, or bike, she gets a small cash bonus per day (paid monthly). My job has talked about introducing fitness criteria to the insurance program which you would think would favor bikers. They do let us park indoors if people aren't tripping over the bikes, and we also have a shower (that we have to clean ourselves, somehow having the custodian do that extra cubic footage would not be a defensible expense). My job also gives us a discount to one specific healthclub, I don't think any of the bikers use it, I don't know if that is any savings to the boss, I kind of doubt it. It's probably just the only healthclub that offered a discount if we showed up.