mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Weight Loss Motivation Thread

This thread is for anyone that would like to drop some pounds. The idea is that if enough people participate, everyone will be able to find someone that they can relate to in terms of age, sex, height, current weight, and goal weight. So ultimately member “x” can compare his or her weight loss with member “y” and motivate themselves to continue to reach his or her own goal weight. I propose that your first reply be an introduction which includes the following information: age, sex, height, current weight, goal weight, and any other information you’d like to share about yourself. Then everyone provide a weekly update including their previous week’s weight and where they currently are in terms of meeting their goal weight (whether you’ve made progress, had a setback, or have not moved it either direction).

This thread is all about motivation. Losing weight can be hard enough if you’re trying to do it on your own, but hopefully we can collectively motivate one another to meet each of our individual goals.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I’m a 32 year old, 6’1” male. My current weight is 202. My goal weight is 185. Last April I weighed 230. I started commuting last April/May when gas prices hit $4 a gallon. I rode my bike through the summer and by August/September I had gotten down to 195. I’ve continued to commute through the winter, but I haven’t done very much recreational riding since the temperature has dropped. I’ve gained a few pounds over the winter because I haven’t been as active, but as the weather begins to change I’d like to get back into a good workout regimen and drop down to about 185.

mtbr member
    I am a 28 y/o male, 6'1 current weight 201. My goal is also 185. Last april I weighed 228 and started commuting full-time in August. I continue to ride and look at pushing myself harder this year and eating better to get down to 185.

Solomon- looks like you are my partner for this one! When shall the start date be?
    -Jeremy
    08 Redline D440
    Nashbar 'cross frankenbike
    11 Scott CR1

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I've been taking it easy for the past 2 weeks because of a vasectomy last month, but I should be cleared to exercise again on Monday. I've been jonesing to ride my bike for the past 2 weeks. I've already made my workout plan and I expect to get started on Monday. I'll post my weekly updates on Fridays.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon76
    I've been taking it easy for the past 2 weeks because of a vasectomy last month, but I should be cleared to exercise again on Monday. I've been jonesing to ride my bike for the past 2 weeks. I've already made my workout plan and I expect to get started on Monday. I'll post my weekly updates on Fridays.

works for me! monday it is Ill do updates on friday too.
    -Jeremy
    08 Redline D440
    Nashbar 'cross frankenbike
    11 Scott CR1