Moderator Moderator

Undercover Cops Bike to Enforce 3' Safe Passage Law

Give that cyclist more space; it could be a police officer | kens5.com San Antonio

Keep this in mind if your community is reluctant to pass a 3' passing law because enforcement is "impossible".

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I'm fortunate that most people are more than willing to give plenty of room here. Unfortunately, the ones that don't are always the same type: out of state, [insert luxury car here], or yapping on the phone.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I live in Kunming, China. I would feel lucky to get 3 millimeters, much less 3 feet!

mtbr member
    ^^ My son says Beijing is the same. Cyclists are some of the greatest crowders of other cyclists.

BrianMc

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    While Kunming has more cyclists and e-bikes, Beijing certainly has more deadly traffic, and more evil drivers!!

weirdo
    Well I`ll be...
    I wonder how they`re going to measure. And SIX feet for commercial vehicles . That could get interresting on narrow downtown streets.

Anybdoy else`s attention get drawn to the link about fake bike lanes appearing in Dallas? I got a good laugh out of it.
    Bogus bike lanes appearing on Dallas streets | kens5.com San Antonio
    Recalculating....

Moderator Moderator
    ^^ Nice work there on the DIY bike lanes.

The police won't have to actualy masure to give a ticket, but that could give the morist a way to try to fight it. But don't contractors or golfers or something use a laser point and measure device?

mtbr member
    ^^ I would think a modified backup warning device would do this. My Mercury has 5 sensors on the rear bumper tied to electronics to give a a beep that increases in rapidity until it is on full time at some too close distance (about a foot). That change is proportional to the approach to an object. Even works on a yew hedge. Or a bike on a trunk rack, unfortunately.

BrianMc

banned
    Dec 2012
    yeah,i think so, My son says Beijing is the same. Cyclists are some of the greatest crowders of other cyclists.