mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Trek 920 Fenders?

Good morning!

I have an older Trek 920 that I converted over to road tires. Fantastic bike but I want to get some good fenders for it and I don't know which to go for or which are best for the bike.

Any suggestions? I don't have a ton of money but I live in the PNW and I get tired of getting splashed front and back.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I have a Trek 950 that I use for commuting. I fit some Planet Bike fenders that I got at REI. Around $35 for the set if I remember correctly. They're a little flimsy, but they keep the dog urine from splattering in my face.

Still want a fat bike....
    Depends on what kind of mounting options you have, but even without any mounts, there are options. I would just hit up the Planet Bike site and see what they have. I think they are probably the best value fender out there. Then once you find some, hit your LBS and pick em up.

These are good when you have no fender eyelets. Depending on how much you want to spend... they are $45.

They also have some cheaper ($20) clip on models with less coverage.

A Gentleman and a MTBR'
    I had a 950 with some SKS fenders and 1.75 tires... worked beautifully.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    @ Dalton -

The black fender portion of those is identical to what I have, the only difference between mine and those is the attachment hardware.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The bike shop recommended SKS ... I think P55 or P65 or something so I guess I'll go with those even though they're slightly pricey. I do get tired of mud, oil, small rocks, etc... flinging in my face or the eye or the mouth...