Thread: Swept bars

Ovaries on the Outside

Swept bars

Anybody use a swept bar on a road bike? I ran an FU Bar on a KM for a bit this winter with 35mm tires and it was ok, but I'm trying to pick up a road bike and I was wondering if anyone has used a swept bar with some sort of road bike geometry. Pictures, the type of bar and all of those fun things would be excellent

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    running titec H bar for my "road" bike (d440 29er with slick centered CX tires)... works well for me ... been riding it a bit lately... getting back onto my MTB with the comparatively low sweep of the riser bar was weird.
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

mtbr member
    I use them on my commuter. At first I didn't like it (riding position was WAY too high for my tastes) but once I flipped the bar upside down, It gave me the perfect riding position. Pic here:

http://flickr.com/photos/89119745@N0...7610975676470/
    A new old set of Mavic 231 rims would REALLY make my day.

Ovaries on the Outside

I was hoping for swept bars on road bikes...

I was hoping for someone using them on road bikes. I bought a belleville from orange velo, but it is really narrow and I don't love the sweep, so I was hoping for direction. Anybody use them on a SS road bike or fixed gear?

Quote Originally Posted by commuter73
    I use them on my commuter.
    Nice bike. I has an older Rockhopper.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    I was hoping for someone using them on road bikes. I bought a belleville from orange velo, but it is really narrow and I don't love the sweep, so I was hoping for direction. Anybody use them on a SS road bike or fixed gear?
    I have the same bars as commuter73 on an old Panasonic road bike. Unfortunately they're unmarked so I'm not sure who made them, but I really like them. Mine are mounted as risers.