is buachail foighneach me

someone please slash my tires.

my truck was out of comission for about two months. as a result i rode to work every day, nothing to it. truck is now fixed, and i have an insatiable urge to drive it to work again, getting an extra hour of sleep. ggrgrrrr!!!!

i need motivation. and i can't sell the truck, as i'll be moving to alaska in a couple of months and will need it to bring all my precious stuff.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Why not make the trip on bike? many people are moving away from Alaska by bike... really need to bring all the stuff? BTW Iam one of the non happy cyclists thats defecting to someplace more bicycle friendly... If you move to AK prepare to be treated like a retard for having a bike and using it. I guess it's all the petroleum workers

try living in new jersey....

i've done plenty of long distance touring, i just want to make the move quickly. i suppose i could get rid of nearly everything and arrive there on bike, maybe shipping a box of winter/street clothes up, but it would be nice to have my motor vehicle up there. the $1700-$2000 it'll cost me in gas, food and camping to drive up there in about two weeks would be made up for with the extra time to get work, ride, and establish myself that i would lose with a 2+ month tour.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by sean salach
    my truck was out of comission for about two months. as a result i rode to work every day, nothing to it. truck is now fixed, and i have an insatiable urge to drive it to work again, getting an extra hour of sleep. ggrgrrrr!!!!

i need motivation. and i can't sell the truck, as i'll be moving to alaska in a couple of months and will need it to bring all my precious stuff.
    unhook battery......freeze keys in water......remove air from tire......or just *man up* and stop being lazy.....jeesh

(this coming from a guy who rode his motorcycle in instead of bicycle.....ugh)
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

Which way? Uphill.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM
    unhook battery......freeze keys in water......remove air from tire......or just *man up* and stop being lazy.....jeesh

(this coming from a guy who rode his motorcycle in instead of bicycle.....ugh)
    Freeze keys in water, I like that one.

I'll add, stop insuring it (save a little dough there too) or lend it to a friend.
    Blog

Just keep spinning. Just keep running. Just keep paddling.
    Just keep moving forward.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    The lowest gas price in Alaska is Anchorage... coming into Alaska you'll probably find a low of about 6 dollars a gallon unleaded and about 8 for diesel (even the villages that are based around a refinery???) Trucking is a nice way to come. happy trails either way it's a nice trip not many people make whether bike or truck or however you decide to come up the scenery has no name it's so magnificent!

mtbr member
    Give in and drive it. Chances are, you will hate the experience, miss the ride and be back on the bike in short order. (I've been commuting by bike most every day for 6 or 7 years and I always hate it when I have to drive or get a lift...driving's a real drag when you get out of the habit!

Quote Originally Posted by elgeneralsv
    The lowest gas price in Alaska is Anchorage... coming into Alaska you'll probably find a low of about 6 dollars a gallon unleaded and about 8 for diesel (even the villages that are based around a refinery???) Trucking is a nice way to come. happy trails either way it's a nice trip not many people make whether bike or truck or however you decide to come up the scenery has no name it's so magnificent!

wow. i need to refigure my gas budget for the trip. i was hoping to average about $3.50 a gallon.... nj has the cheapest(statewise) gas in the country from what i understand, and it can be a bit of a shellshock when i go out of state. for instance, i filled up yesterday for $2.959

it was down around $3:17 i think in the anchorage area when i was there in february for the susitna.

I'm SUCH a square....
    stevef is right -- the more used to riding you are, the worse it is to not ride.

btw -- NE indiana is running about 3.30/gal right now, and cost of living here is LOOOOOWWW...
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....