Thread: Serial Number

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Serial Number

I live on a college campus and the request that we register our bikes once summer break starts they start collecting the ones they find on racks and since I'm planning on taking summer classes I figured it was about time to register my bike just as a precaution.

So I have a K2 and I found 2 numbers on the bottom of the bike one is A110541297 and the other is P1010-4 so I was hoping someone would be able to tell me which one was my serial number?

I know I'm fairly new to biking or at least fairly new maintaining my own bike but I think I've taken a liking to it so just be patient please

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by betelgeuse
    I live on a college campus and the request that we register our bikes once summer break starts they start collecting the ones they find on racks and since I'm planning on taking summer classes I figured it was about time to register my bike just as a precaution.

So I have a K2 and I found 2 numbers on the bottom of the bike one is A110541297 and the other is P1010-4 so I was hoping someone would be able to tell me which one was my serial number?

I know I'm fairly new to biking or at least fairly new maintaining my own bike but I think I've taken a liking to it so just be patient please
    List both - I have two numbers as well (different sides on the BB shell) and I just list them as 'DS-xxxxxxx' and 'NDS-xxxxxxxxx'

PS:
    "NDS"=non-drive side and "DS"= drive side

Oh, and "BB" = bottom bracket (crank spindle area of the frame) - don't know how newb you are - so no offense if ya know these acronyms.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Oh I'm very new just starting to get interested in biking as a serious hobby so I'm quite oblivious of most terms or acronyms and thank you for the reply

Fueled by Tigerblood
    also check the steerer tube, its sometimes listed there as well