mtbr member
    Jul 2007

San Antonio joins the new century

SAN ANTONIO -- Some Alamo City bike riders are applauding the city's efforts to make the area more bike-friendly as it institutes its master plan to add bike paths across San Antonio.

A new bike lane from Avenue B to Lyons Park has been given its own curb divider and additional connections into Brackenridge Park.

Project Manager David Matney said the city is just getting started on its new bike lanes, including adding routes to the missions on the city's south side as well as eventually connecting different parts of the city via smaller routes.
    Click here to find out more!

One additional safety measure for the routes is the placement of bike lanes heading in opposite directions on one side of the road, rather than the traditional sharing of both sides.

I love the validation of riding against traffic.
    I have always done so and have never understood why I should have fast, heavy vehicles to my back. I even have some new lanes on my commute home, alas, with traffic.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by elvez
    Click here to find out more!

One additional safety measure for the routes is the placement of bike lanes heading in opposite directions on one side of the road, rather than the traditional sharing of both sides.

Thanks for posting that. SA as a forward thinking city (for a change) w/ the placement of bike lanes---way to go Matney, Hardberger and Skully. Can't wait to see what else is planned.

Actually, I think I have a new resolution when I get back to SA--call 311 for a tow truck every time some wipe wad is parked in the bike lane.
    Last edited by shockabra; 07-19-2008 at 09:01 PM.