Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salsa Vaya

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Nice build. My wife really likes the blue color (baby blue/turquoise?). Quick look online, can't find anyone selling a 2014 frameset. Where did you order yours from?

since 4/10/2009

Salsa Vaya

Ordered mine from the shop where I work PT. The shop is a new Salsa dealer. Not just any shop can get Salsa bikes. They have to be a dealer and commit to a minimum number of bikes per year. And not many shops will just order a frameset they don't have a buyer lined up for.

I live in Indianapolis and there are only 2 Salsa dealers in town that I know of.

The color is more of a robins egg blue .

mtbr member
    I like the color on my screen. A nice blue. I recognize that cameras and laptops can alter that some. Then there is the issue of exactly what is Robin's Egg Blue, anyway? Robins Eggs Pictures, Images & Photos

Apparently, Robin's Eggs span a range of blues! Seems to span a range that includes Bianchi Celeste, Turquoise, and Baby Blue. Vaya Blue (2014) works for me or Nate's Bike Blue. Looking forward to your joint adventures in threads here.

since 4/10/2009

Salsa Vaya

The officaial name of the color is Smokey Blue Robinson. True to its name, there is a faint smokiness to the blue. A little bit of gray, if you will. The headset is more of a navy blue and the seat collar is a little more royal blue. The navy of the headset matches the lettering well and the seat collar matches up with some of the understated graphics on the seat tube. Both contrast with the main color well.

My wife has a periwinkle bike and this one is definitely more blue.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post

Definitely need to drop the handlebars, though. Not that this position is uncomfortable (it's not, at least for a 4 1/2 mile ride), but that it's too upright for riding into the wind. I catch the wind BAD with this riding position. The drops help some, but with the Retroshift levers, you can't really shift from the drops. Fine on the MUP, but not so great on the streets dealing with traffic lights. These levers pretty much keep you on the hoods most of the time.
    the solution Project XTR Strada
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

since 4/10/2009

Salsa Vaya

That is a very involved solution to something that is only a minor annoyance. I moved my bars down a few spacers and it's a lot more comfy now

~ B A D A S S ~
    I only ride in the drops so I made that mount for doing just that. I'm also gonna remove the road levers soon and put on time trial levers.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Ordered a 2013 Vaya frame from my LBS today and I'm stoked!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12