Slow is good

Reflective Sidwall

I bought some Bontrager Nebula 700x45 tires for my mountain bike for tooling around this spring while the trails are too wet to ride. I love the volume of the tire, but the one thing I really don't like is the reflective sidewall. Has anyone discovered a permanent way to cover up said reflective strips? I did a small test spot with a Sharpie, but I'm nut sure if this is a good solution. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

No-Brakes Cougar
    Sorry to answer your question with another question, but why exactly would you want to cover up the reflective sidewall? If you're going to be riding on the street, especially after daylight hours, I would think you would want to be as visible as possible. One typically does not mount lights on the side of the bike, so anything to make you visible to a car coming out of a side street would be beneficial, I would think.

But getting back to your question, if you absolutely must cover it up I think the most permanent solution would be a black paint pen.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

Slow is good
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary the No-Trash Cougar
    Sorry to answer your question with another question, but why exactly would you want to cover up the reflective sidewall? If you're going to be riding on the street, especially after daylight hours, I would think you would want to be as visible as possible. One typically does not mount lights on the side of the bike, so anything to make you visible to a car coming out of a side street would be beneficial, I would think.

But getting back to your question, if you absolutely must cover it up I think the most permanent solution would be a black paint pen.
    I agree with wanting to be seen by vehicles, I just don't ride after dark so I really don't need that. I just don't like the look of the stripe, kind of looks like white-wall tires if you ask me. If there's no good way to cover it up I guess I'll just live with it. Thanks for the advice.

No-Brakes Cougar
    The paint pen is probably best. Sharpie might wear off, though you could try another type of permanent marker or even black electrical tape.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010