mtbr member

A Reason to Ride Instead of Drive

I'm SUCH a square....
    Raid? Protest.

At least it was non-destructive. I applaud people who can voice their dissent without busting up the property of basically innocent people. I'd like to see our boys come home, too.

We really never shoulda gone over there; I have had serious doubts about this whole deal for a long time now.
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....

No-Brakes Cougar
    I was just thinking the other day, with the price of gas plummeting I wonder if more people will start driving again? I certainly won't! The bike is the only way to go for me.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary the No-Trash Cougar
    I was just thinking the other day, with the price of gas plummeting I wonder if more people will start driving again? I certainly won't! The bike is the only way to go for me.
    Im sure people have gone back to driving more. The bike racks were once overflowing at work now, I am usually the only one. The other sad thing is that the lower gas goes, the less incentive there is to invest in cleaner transportation like electric vehicles, train and bus.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    The price of gas and how well motorist treat cyclists is directly proportional. Higher prices, better treatment.

Danarchy.
    Can anyone explain to me why gasoline has decreased in price while diesel is still staying strong at up to a dollar more? Just something I've been thinking about....
    No one can ever slow me down
    I'll stay unbound
    -Avenged Sevenfold

No-Brakes Cougar
    Quote Originally Posted by IWantanFBody
    Can anyone explain to me why gasoline has decreased in price while diesel is still staying strong at up to a dollar more? Just something I've been thinking about....
    Not sure why gas prices are dropping so much. Petroleum-derived diesel is more efficient than gasoline and is a big part of the transportation and economic backbone, since it's used in both trucks and diesel-electric trains. Greedy oil companies know this and exploit this fact to maximize profits.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010