mtbr member

Rear rack for small frame?

Don't want a seatpost-mounted rack. I have a small frame with 26" wheels and was wondering what rack I should use. I remember there was a post about using longer mounting hardware but cannot find it now. Where can you get longer mounting hardware? Also, I was thinking about hooking the two mounting braces to the seatpost using a circular/U-shaped metal thing that hugs the seatpost. Do they make such a thing?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Just spotted this over in the 29er forum. The link in the second post might be of use.

2k8 GF Cobia & rear rack

mtbr member
    Coool, thanks. Looks like OMM has extended mounting brackets. Maybe that's what I need. Like the racks but way $$$!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Racks aren't a place to skimp. Buy something good. I bought Surly Nice Racks. Unless you only want a 20lb capacity and the fit to be rickety

LCI #1853
    Delta makes some good racks for the 26" wheel set, with a 40 to 50 pound capacity. They average around $30. But if you've got rear suspension on the bike, OMM is the way to go.

BIG and Bald
    I've been pleased with my Axiom Gear rack.
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="3"]Eat to Live[/SIZE][/SIZE]...[SIZE="3"]not the other way around[/SIZE]