mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Rack + lamp + fender in happy harmony

Finally got my rear end finished (no pun intended ..).

Old Man Mountain Cold Springs rack.
    Dinotte lamp (with battery under the rack)
    Planet Bike fender (secured to lamp mount using a spare Dinotte mounting bracket)

Very swish. Works well and isn't clunky!

Reflective black tape added for good measure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PM Me for Wood Fenders
    Very nice....I've been thinking of rewiring my bFlex and taking one of the LEDs I have in my triple and making a rear light
    The wood is being bent! Let me know what you need!

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

That light wouldn't happen to be....

white would it? I'd highly advise checking your local trafic regulations before use! In most localities, counties, and states a white light on the back of a moving vehicle (other than for the purpose of backing) is a no, no! Red lights for running and stop lights, yellow lights are allowed for turn signals. White lights are only allowed for backing when the vehicle is in reverse gear. I've found this to be the case in most countries overseas as well.

May not be an issue, but if your state so stipulates it can mean a ticket. If the bulb is read then you're good to go and I appologize because it doesn't show in the pic. Just make sure of the local regs before you light that thing up some night and find out what the laws are the hard way.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Is this the light? I've seen some pictures, it's bright enough for a few people behind you to see as well.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Squash
    white would it? I'd highly advise checking your local trafic regulations before use! In most localities, counties, and states a white light on the back of a moving vehicle (other than for the purpose of backing) is a no, no! Red lights for running and stop lights, yellow lights are allowed for turn signals. White lights are only allowed for backing when the vehicle is in reverse gear. I've found this to be the case in most countries overseas as well.

May not be an issue, but if your state so stipulates it can mean a ticket. If the bulb is read then you're good to go and I appologize because it doesn't show in the pic. Just make sure of the local regs before you light that thing up some night and find out what the laws are the hard way.

Good Dirt
    Good point. But here in Japan laws are ignored or enforced at will by the local cops. The light runs red, when on, but doesn't reflect when off. I think a local cop is going to be bamboozled if he tries to decide if I am legal or not!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by emtnate
    Is this the light? I've seen some pictures, it's bright enough for a few people behind you to see as well.
    Yes, it's a Dinotte. It's bright enough for passengers in two cars back to read a book by!