Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Question on an ebay purchase

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Biggie 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a new road bike off of ebay (Masi full CF with ultegra) and while I am very happy with my item and the shipping was super fast, some things bothered me and I was wondering if I should do anything about them.

1. The pedals that were pictured were not included. I know that many people sell without pedals, but usually the note it in the description or they are not in the pictures. I have lots of spd pedals laying around so it wasnt a big deal.

2. Front tire was completely shot and had chunks missing from the sidewall. I had a spare tire at home so i just threw that on. Not noted in listing

3. Front tube was flat and had a puncture. Again, cheap to replace. Not noted in listing.

4. Sizing was off. Only 1cm, but still.

My first inclination was to give a positive rep and move on because it was not a big deal to me, but then when he sells to the next person the issues could continue. Does this warrant a negative feedback or neutral? Should I ask for a partial refund since I had to supply these items?

What would you do in this situation?

See less See more
#2 ·
I would contact him about the issues first. Especially with a size issue and destroyed front tire. Pedals, no not worth it. Most sell without that may have been a lapse to note that. He probably doesn't sell alot on eBay so doesn't realize to list every little detail.

I wouldn't be harsh or anything just a email of "hey wanted to let u know that these (things) that are wrong weren't in the listing for what I bought". See how he responds, if he's cool about it and apologizes I wouldn't ding him for it. If he tries to be a jerk about it, then id nail his butt to the wall. Not as described dispute, neg feedback, etc.
Sent from my Nokia Stupid Phone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
If I were you I would drop them a note expressing your concerns. Tell them you aren't going to return it, but are giving them the opportunity to make it right & would appreciate a new tire at least. The owner of the business may have a problem that he is not aware of.

If they blew me off no way would I give them top ratings.

#7 ·
This is what would bother me about it:
Pedals: no
Tire: yes
Tube: no
Size: HELL YES!

1cm doesn't seem like much but that could be the difference in the bike fitting or not fitting. It could have been an oversight, but doesn't the bike have the size right on the down tube? That would irk me. Keep us posted as to the sellers response and possible action, like a small refund?

#9 ·
That worked out fairly nicely then. As long as the bike fits you, the rest can be rectified mostly with the money. Nice move on the seller. Are you gonna leave positive feedback once the money and pedals arrive?

#15 ·
Finally got to get a decent ride on the Masi yesterday for my birthday. (been sick, crappy weather, and spending time hunting). Holy cow, what an improvement. The ride is fantastic, the shifting is amazing. I am going to enjoy this bike. Still waiting on a shorter stem to arrive.
Owner of our company bought me this mug because everyone I work with think its insane that I climb such a steep hill every day when I come to work.
Bicycle frame Serveware Cup Drinkware Yellow

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.