Moderator Moderator

Purposeful Door-er Unapologetic, Gets 14 Years

Purposeful Door-er Unapologetic, Gets 14 Years

Not what I think of as a dooring, but the door-er is clearly a sociopath. Things are only going to go downhill from here.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I am not a supporter of the death penalty, but I do not see the purpose of having this individual out in society again (note those are not in any way exclusive opinions to hold). I like to think that people can be rehabilitated, but in a case like this it makes it seem hopeless. Maybe in the future science will do more to discover why people act like this and if there is a chance to change them.

Psychopaths do not lack empathy, rather they can switch it on at will, according to new research. Placed in a brain scanner, psychopathic criminals watched videos of one person hurting another and were asked to empathise with the individual in pain. Only when asked to imagine how the pain receiver felt did the area of the brain related to pain light up. Scientists, reporting in Brain, say their research explains how psychopaths can be both callous and charming. The team proposes that with the right training, it could be possible to help psychopaths activate their 'empathy switch', which could bring them a step closer to rehabilitation.

I fail to see why the right training would do much or why a psychopath would care to change, but at least it shows that there is something going on there.

The White Jeff W
    Wow, he did it more than once...

One week after that, the occupants of another stolen vehicle were involved in a similar door assault and the vehicle was chased by police into Westville. Charbonneau was one of the occupants apprehended there.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Just a psychopathic killer really. Not what I considered "door-ed" at all.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    How did this individual not at least get the maximum sentence? What about conspiracy charges for the other occupants? There should have been zero plea bargaining for this waste of life. Ugggh.

CDK
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sxotty View Post
    I am not a supporter of the death penalty, but I do not see the purpose of having this individual out in society again (note those are not in any way exclusive opinions to hold). I like to think that people can be rehabilitated, but in a case like this it makes it seem hopeless. Maybe in the future science will do more to discover why people act like this and if there is a chance to change them.

I fail to see why the right training would do much or why a psychopath would care to change, but at least it shows that there is something going on there.

I as well do not support the death penalty per se but more recently i have been thinking more and more about how these type of people are just not afraid or even care at all if they have to go to prison and is actually a form of street credit and they come out more of a burden to society.
    This is why i now think that "eye for an eye" justice is the way it should be in a case like this. Quite literally hit him with a car door @ 75mph

mtbr member
    Sigh..... Sadly I remember this case and was living in New Haven when it occurred . The perp was 15 years old and killed a 14 year old. I hate to say it but this kid is a product of his environment . Where this happened is a notorious drug and crime infested area and has been for 40 years or more ( yes I used to cop dope there many moons ago). Where were this juveniles parents? Surely some of the blame belongs with them no? This wasn't an accidental dooring, this was premeditated murder. Why he received the sentence he did??? I don't know but maybe him being a juvenile at the time had something to do with it. To me anyway the reason this tragic incident occurred starts with his up bringing etc.
    Chances are .. You're full of !$@&?