Page 79 of 94 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2346
    weirdo
    Groovy, MrM. I see deraillers, but no shifters- STI? I just read your post in another thread saying you`d removed a suspension fork. Did it come with suspension originally? I`ve been commuting for 3 or 4 years now on a rigid Schwinn with drop bars, now playing with a similarly equipped Rockhopper.
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO View Post

Finally stopped for a pic at my Mother's this morning.
    heeeeeeeeeeeey i know where that is i'm in springfield to
    If you have sex in a car with airbags....does that count as safe sex???

Fat-tired Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatson View Post
    Here's my recently rebuilt commuter. It's an old '97 Gary Fisher Kaitai frame, rigid fork and drops are the recent addition.

I'm still working on getting it all dialed in and comfy for my 35 mile round trip commute but it's already vastly superior to flat bars and a heavy suspension fork.

Attachment 768615
    If you haven't seen this article before, I really like his approach.

How to Fit a Bicycle

I'd had some thought myself about adapting a mountain bike frame with drop bars a few years ago, but decided that I'm just not a big enough person.

It seemed like it should make a bike with some really snappy acceleration. Got to be quick handling too, if your fork change dropped the front end.

Enjoy it!
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    Groovy, MrM. I see deraillers, but no shifters- STI? I just read your post in another thread saying you`d removed a suspension fork. Did it come with suspension originally? I`ve been commuting for 3 or 4 years now on a rigid Schwinn with drop bars, now playing with a similarly equipped Rockhopper.
    I'm running trigger shifters using modified seat clamps as mounts.

Post your commuter photos!-0205131951.jpg

Got the idea from here: Installed trigger shifters on a 31.8 drop-bar today

It works really well and is way cheaper than going with STI levers.

The Kaitai originally had an 80mm travel RockShox fork that I swapped for a RockShox Tora 302 when I was using it as a mountain bike. I commuted on that for a while just leaving it locked out which was ok from a rigidity standpoint but it was too tall and too heavy for any decent length commuting. Now that I'm riding 17 miles each way to work and back I felt I could justify upgrading a bit.

I Ride for Donuts
    ^^ That looks sharp! I wish I had thought of that when I was running triggers on drop bars.

I got a cool pic of the Ogre this morning:Post your commuter photos!-picture1.jpg
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

Cycle Psycho
    *oopspost*
    Last edited by Gritter; 02-18-2013 at 07:55 PM.

I Ride for Donuts
    Thanks. It's a 10*, 75mm Titec "El Norte" downhill stem. The frame is the 22" Ogre.... ETT is 24.9. The set-up fits me and my monkey arms like a glove.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member
    My commuter. For gravel and asphalt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your commuter photos!-imgp2556.jpg  

Just Joshin' ya!
    Wanted my Karate Monkey back as a single speed, so I put all the commuter parts back on this dented Voodoo Nakisi. No good for offroad, but fine for the ride to work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your commuter photos!-uglybike.jpg  

What do we want? TIME TRAVEL! When do want it? THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

mtbr member
    Here's my commuter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your commuter photos!-dsc_0762.jpg  

Post your commuter photos!-dsc_0758.jpg  

Post your commuter photos!-dsc_0759.jpg  

Post your commuter photos!-dsc_0761.jpg  

mtbr member

Wink

Hi! this is my redline d440 with some upgrades Post your commuter photos!-bike22.jpg

mtbr member
    Welcome Sektor & Archer! Nice pix and rides! When you have a chance, click over to "how was your commute today" and share some info about your commute, where you live, -well pretty much anything is fair game over there.

weirdo
    Snow is a nice upgrade.
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    Welcome Sektor & Archer! Nice pix and rides! When you have a chance, click over to "how was your commute today" and share some info about your commute, where you live, -well pretty much anything is fair game over there.
    Thanks...

Another commuter..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your commuter photos!-22222222222_zpsf8c3c5dd.jpg  

Post your commuter photos!-1111111111111_zps6c1b0261.jpg  

A God Without A Name
    Post your commuter photos!-164449_457799397625500_574719708_n.jpg

Still love this bike. my ideal bike has changed... but this thing still makes me grin. As it's configured it finally fits like a glove.

mtbr member
    Agwan, what size big ring do you have on there? I was going to ask in your other thread, because I couldn't remember.

My only geared bike is a 1x9 with a 38 upfront, and it's definitely not speedy. (It's a compromise since it's built to make 100% of the climbs around here, vs the 95~98% that I can do on my ss's.)

A God Without A Name
    It runs a 40, which is definitely slower than the 44 that came on the triple the crank originally had. the gearing change was definitely something I did for looks. at the time I scoured the internet for a larger single speed chainring that was bright red (this bike had a red theme for a while, can you tell?) and none could be found.

rennen now makes chainrings in red all the way up to 52 or 56... but frankly I'd have no problem with a black one.

that being said, my bike shop didn't grease my ISIS bottom bracket and it seized. I've since rebuilt it myself, but the cup is now fused with the frame. It still pedals fine but I know the day will come where I need to replace the whole shebang. and when that happens it will probably get a new XT crankset to compliment the XT 10 speed out back.

If I had it to do all over again. I probably would have just slapped Shimano 105 black on the whole thing and called it good.

Pedal Damn It!
    I sold the Specialized Tricross Sport and built this new commuter!

Post your commuter photos!-img_1070.jpg

A God Without A Name
    Gorgeous. I'd really like almost exactly that. what is the cost on a build like that?

29er and 26er
    Mar 2012
    I haven't posted this here yet. I spent all winter stripping it down to the frame, having it powder coated and rebuilding it with lots of new parts. Rode it to work for the 1st time today.

Post your commuter photos!-img_20130315_083608_834.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by p08757 View Post
    I haven't posted this here yet. I spent all winter stripping it down to the frame, having it powder coated and rebuilding it with lots of new parts. Rode it to work for the 1st time today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130315_083608_834.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	163.6 KB 
ID:	781128
    Yum, some nice builds/rides going on -can we have some more close-ups please misters?

mtbr member
    Traffic is backed up for miles on i89 due to a tractor trailer accident. Thankfully I am just sitting at the rest area but times like this really make you hate driving! My fatbike is in back but still 50 miles from home...

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    Thankfully I am just sitting at the rest area but times like this really make you hate driving!
    Well, I`m glad you pulled over. You missed the thread that I suspect you intended to post in, but at least you got the right forum. If you had posted while driving, you`d probably have put it in newenglanddogsitting.org!
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    ^^ Correct! Sorry for the mispost, all. I finally made it home, but an hour and a half later than expected! There were so many accidents, including one involving a Greyhound bus, that this one only warranted one line in today's paper: "Traffic elsewhere was reported to be at a standstill, including shortly after 10 p.m., when a tractor-trailer was reported by state road authorities to be “a bit sideways” on French Hill on I-89 in Williston."

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Lightened the ute up quite a bit, but still a lot of stock parts to get rid of.
    Will also get drop bars eventually.
    BUT I took it out today with the trailer for a quick jaunt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your commuter photos!-pursute1.jpg  

If steel is real then aluminium is supercallafragiliniun!

Page 79 of 94 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 89 ... LastLast