mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Planet Bike Superflash Blinky Tail Light $12.09

originally posted by WolverineGator in deals forum:

Planet Bike 3034-1 Blinky Superflash 0.5 Watt LED with 2 Red LED Tail Lights (Black/Clear Case). $12.09 Now is the time to stock up on these taillights (buy several to get free shipping)!

http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Bike-30.../dp/B0015R40JE

I Ride for Donuts
    I didn't know they made one with a black case Here I thought I was unique by painting my white one black with a magic marker. I like the clear lens too...mine is red.

Either way, I got mine for 5 bucks at an REI yard sale, so neener neener.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    i prefer this one but that one looks interesting
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...ail+Light.aspx
    "If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

I Ride for Donuts
    ^^ That thing won't hold a candle (pun intended) to the superflash. The superflash is bright enough to pull people over if you happen to be holding it out your car window (not that I know or condone such behavior). I have had cars pull up beside me and ask me what kind of taillight I had, because they could see it from a good mile away on my rural commute. I have had other cars pull up beside me and complain about it, becuase it was "blinding". Granted, they were stupid, but it's still way, way, way brighter than a standard 3 or 5 LED sub-10 dollar taillight. It's in a different league.

mtbr member
    CommuterBoy knows the deal. EVERYTIME I notice an overwhelming rear light from a cyclist (even during the day), it is always a superflash. Nice $5 find, btw.

I bought 2 and a camelbak brush set for $28 and free shipping.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Defective?

Too bad many of the most recent batches of superflashes change modes or shut off entirely when you hit a crack on the sidewalk.

No-Brakes Cougar
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy
    I have had other cars pull up beside me and complain about it, becuase it was "blinding".
    People complain about everything. I hate those super bright ass halogen headlights on cars, the ones that look like you have your brights on even when you don't. But I wouldn't expect someone to take a hammer and knock their own headlights out just because they're "blinding" me.

Remember, as a cyclist you're supposed to be neither seen nor heard, it makes it easier to run you down without guilt.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    The sale must be over. $19.25 now

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by fred-da-trog
    The sale must be over. $19.25 now
    Rat turds! I was planning on ordering a couple more even before I saw this post.

Blinding? They`re pretty good, but I don`t see how they could be called blinding.

I Ride for Donuts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlh
    Too bad many of the most recent batches of superflashes change modes or shut off entirely when you hit a crack on the sidewalk.

I got mine at the REI Sale because someone had returned it for that very reason. It shut off on me the first time I used it. I took the plastic case off (you are basically bending the case to push the button inside when you turn it on/off, for those who don't have one), and I found a stick just the right length to wedge down into the plastic case, so that it was pushing hard in the opposite direction that you push to turn it on/off...I left the stick in there overnight, and re-assembled the next morning, and it's never shut off on me again.

I ride a rigid aluminum cyclocross bike and I live on a dirt road. I know bumps, and this thing is guaranteed fixed. You just have to train that plastic to want to bend the other way. It's a shame that the defect exists, but it's easily overcome.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I have loads of LED lights even from Planet Bike and the SuperFlash is insanely bright. When I first turned it on it actually is painful to look at. Like some sort of torture ray. Great product.

Double-metric mtb man
    Yup, good tail light...I've got the stealth (black/clear version) on the back of my ride too. For that matter, I've got PB Alias halogens up front...they make pretty decent product for the price and the superflash is quite bright for a rear light.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me