mtbr member
    Jul 2007

OK...Suspension on the commuter ROCKS!!!!

OK...I've had my GF Utopia for 4 years now. I stopped riding it this last summer when I got my Giant Escape. The goal was to have a commuter without the suspension on the street and to dump some weight. Last month I had a car wreck. My back is screwed up and is as sore as hell. The Giant no longer felt comfortable to me as the pits, bumps, and potholes all get absorbed with my body. So today I took the Utopia. I cannot believe how much that front shock takes away. I love it!!! So now I'm going to sell the escape. I guess it's always nice to come home. One more thing...the GF climbs much batter as well.

mtbr member
    My father was floored the first time he rode my spare bike that has a suspension fork. The last bike he rode was his Schwinn roadbike from the '70s that he still has. He had never ridden a bike with a suspension fork and I don't think he's in a rush to go back on his old bike!
    --NC
    2008 Kona Cowan // 2005 Kona Cowan // 2009 Giant Modem // 2009 department store IronHorse // 1970s Schwinn roadie