mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well Oh to commute once again...

I was off work for some time, then I had a job that was kinda far for regular commuting, and now I'm just 6 miles from work. The only think holding me back is my boss... We just moved into a new office building, and he doesn't yet have a security system so I'm to afraid to leave my laptop here at work overnight. It's a big ass heavy laptop, and takes up too much room in my pack to ride w/ it and have enough street clothes for these cold days...

Way back a couple of years ago before I was off work, I rode every day (almost, didn't if I was sick), for over a year. Those were good times.

BM
    "I've come to believe that common sense is not that common" - Matt Timmerman

No, that's not phonetic
    Could you find a nice big filing cabinet and put a stout lock on it and leave your computer in there? There must be something you could use a safe with some ingenuity.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

weirdo
    Come on, Bubba- for six miles I`m sure you can find a way to lug the thing. Don`t let that stop you if you want to ride.

Fat-tired Roadie
    Two words...

Rack
    Pannier

And you'll love how much more comfortable it is to pick up groceries, too.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    talk to your boss. tell him what your plans are and see if he will cover the cost to replace the labtop if it was to get stolen at work. If he will. put it under the desk or in a filing cabnet and ride. I only wish I could ride. I have to many tools to carry back and forth since my boss wont cover them. a small labtop would be nothing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    talk to your boss. tell him what your plans are and see if he will cover the cost to replace the labtop if it was to get stolen at work. If he will. put it under the desk or in a filing cabnet and ride. I only wish I could ride. I have to many tools to carry back and forth since my boss wont cover them. a small labtop would be nothing.