Thread: New Bike Day!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Wink New Bike Day!

Hi all,

A friend sold me this sweet Cannondale SR800 (Sport Road 800) for very little $. It's my first road bike and it'll be my commuter/light touring bike from now on. I think its a 2005 (friend say 2008, but i'm not sure) Anyway it sports Shimano 105 lever/sti and front der with a sweet ultegra as the rear der.

I love the frame and its relaxed geo. Everything work A1 , it brakes ok (cannot compare to disc!) , wheels are true and tire are new. It even got an adjustable stem and suspension post!

Oh and this thing is fast and really fun to ride. My test ride was like 30km and it's been like nothing, so easy. I'll never ride my MTB with slicks again can't wait for good weather so I can hit the road.

New Bike Day!-img_3213.jpg

Back in the Saddle Again
    Nice!

weirdo
    Yay, new bike!
    Is that a suspension seatpost? It looks like a lot of space in front of the rear tire. What size tires are on it and any guess how fat it`ll let you go? Ah, and the elusive triple crankset- nice
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    So?! I..I..I'm gonna get a new bike too! It'll be even better than yours! It'll be all shiny and stuff. And have a bell. Yeah a nice shiny bell. You don't have a bell on your bike. Ha Ha Ha.

Ooops, did I just type that out loud? Sorry. Nice bike, now ride it like you stole it!
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    Yay, new bike!
    Is that a suspension seatpost? It looks like a lot of space in front of the rear tire. What size tires are on it and any guess how fat it`ll let you go? Ah, and the elusive triple crankset- nice
    Those tires are conti ultra gator skin 700 25c. And yes, suspension post. Although I don't feel it compress . There must be some kind of adjustement ... That or tri-flow

Did a research and its a 2005 sr800 caad5 (Cannondale Bicycle Corp. - Sport Road 800). Love it.
    Last edited by Phiu-x; 06-10-2013 at 05:12 AM.