mtbr member

need pics of small bike with rear rack

not a seat rack but the type that connects to the frame (seat stays). I have a small frame and am trying to picture a rear rack on it, yet due to the small geometry, I'm wondering if such a rack will be level.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by djork
    not a seat rack but the type that connects to the frame (seat stays). I have a small frame and am trying to picture a rear rack on it, yet due to the small geometry, I'm wondering if such a rack will be level.
    With extra-long rack struts, you can probably get it level. I'll try to remember to shoot a photo at work tomorrow of our Co-motion Periscope tandem before the owners come to pick it up. I had to fabricate some very long rack struts for it because the rear of the frame is very small. The rack actually needs to tip back a bit so the rear rider's seat can be lowered all the way, otherwise it could've been set up level.

Short version: you probably will need some extra-long rack struts like these (16-inch variety perhaps): http://www.jandd.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FEXT