mtbr member

NBD: 2016 Novara Mozama!

After getting back into commuting on my Trek 4300, I decided it was time for an upgrade. The mountain bike was comfortable, but just wasn't cutting it. Enter the Mazama.

I've been scouring local Craigslist listings, including those for Dallas and Austin since I'm a hour from both. I was getting a bit disheartened because everything I found that I thought I would like was totally out of my price range. I mean, way out of my price range.

Last night on break, I was goofing off and started at the very last listing for my local page and started working my way through. This thing was listed almost two months ago. Text the number and it's still available. Snagged it this morning first thing.

I've already taken it out for a 4 mile runaround. The bars are flared perfectly, the bar end shifters are different, but easy to use. The steel soaks up so much.

I'm in heaven!

Bourbon: Because no good story ever started with "So, there we were eating salads".

mtbr member
    Congrats! It's always nice to find just what you were after. Enjoy!
    2018 commutes - 26 days, 542 miles

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipSpace View Post
    Congrats! It's always nice to find just what you were after. Enjoy!
    Man, I wasn't even searching for this. I knew I wanted discs and drops, steel would be preferable but not a deal breaker. But with this, I'm ecstatic. I just need it to warm up a tad so I can start riding it into work (being a Texan, you can imagine my cold weather gear is rather limited.)
    Bourbon: Because no good story ever started with "So, there we were eating salads".

mtbr member
    Congrats on the new bike! Always nice to have something new to ride and tinker on.

The thing is just that I cant see the pic? Google found only red ones - sweeet ride it seems.

Happy pedalling!

mtbr member
    I just noticed those bars - from all the pics I see, it doesnt look very comfy to be on the hoods ^^ ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclingdutchman View Post
    I just noticed those bars - from all the pics I see, it doesnt look very comfy to be on the hoods ^^ ?
    I was worried about that too, since the bars flare out and it's designed to be ridden in the drops, but the hoods are super comfy. Just a little lower than my mtn bike, and the drops are just a bit lower than riding in the hoods on a road bike. It doesn't rotate your arms/wrists in a way that would be strange or uncomfortable. I'll be switching all my commuting stuff over this evening so I'll have a good idea of how it feels after just a few miles tomorrow with my 12 mile each way commute.

The only thing I could think of to make this bike better is some bar gel under the pleather tape to soak up a good bit of vibration. Other than that, this thing is the sh*t!