Moderator Moderator

Nastiest Cyclist vs Driver Videos of 2012

Ex-Clydesdale
    "VIGILANTE JUSTICE ON THE FAHY BRIDGE" - That guy must have a death wish. I'm all for "taking the lane", but I sure as hell don't ride in the middle of a lane on a busy road on a bridge if I can't maintain some sort of good speed (he was crawling), especially when there's a nice-looking path on the other side of the barrier where the folks are running. My opinion anyway.
    '94 RSBikes Stampede (commuter), '05 Prophet, '09 Scattante XRL Team, '10 Slice 4
    Retired: 97 C-DaleSuper-V, 05 C-Dale R5000

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
    "VIGILANTE JUSTICE ON THE FAHY BRIDGE" - That guy must have a death wish. I'm all for "taking the lane", but I sure as hell don't ride in the middle of a lane on a busy road on a bridge if I can't maintain some sort of good speed (he was crawling), especially when there's a nice-looking path on the other side of the barrier where the folks are running. My opinion anyway.
    that story was discussed ad nauseam on here when it first broke. as I understand it, the path where folks were running was for pedestrians only, no bikes. iirc, it was too narrow for many handlebars, too. no, it wasn't a great situation but sometimes the DOT doesn't give you much to work with.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I think I'd have walked it over the bridge on the path rather than ride down that road.

mtbr member
    ^^ I think we beat this to death on commuting news thread. Bridges suggest few good alternate routes. Older drivers know that a large vehicle changing lanes may hide something you do not wish to deal with. They don't change lanes without cause as a fairly solid general rule. So we have a slow cyclist, a large Bus hiding him, a young inexperienced and impatient driver who attempts a blind lane change. Then tries to leave the scene. Hope she wasn't on her cell phone. Even if he had another 10 mph I don't think she'd have avoided hitting him.

It is the sort of traffic mix that does suggest walking the bike across. Getting pedestrians by a wide set of bars might be fun even ding that.

BrianMc

weirdo
    Just saw this one on a recumbent forum. Um, more "bike V bike", really.

We must unite to stop the true enemy - YouTube
    Recalculating....

jrm
    mtbr member

ALL time FAV (headphones)

Cracks me up everytime

Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys