Baller/Shot Caller

New question here. Nashbar Premium Rain Jacket

Does anyone know if this is a good jacket for commuting? Need a new one and the price and stashability are appealing but dont want to be wet when I get to work.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...All%20Products
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE]The self proclaimed king of douchebaggery

Ovaries on the Outside
    I personally wear an REI Taku jacket I picked up off their outlet site for 70 dollars. While it isn't a cycling jacket, it is 100% waterproof, very packable and comfortable and has uses ranging from skiing to walking around town. It'll cost more to go that route, but I think it is a more stylish and versatile option to get a waterproof outdoor jacket like this one.

bee
    peace, love, happiness
    Apr 2008
    How do you keep your pants dry if it's raining?

I was wondering if a poncho or something like that would offer much protection.

I Ride for Donuts
    Poncho bad. I can't imagine a poncho ever working on a bike. It's almost funny to think about how horrible that would be. I use bellweather aqua-no rain pants that I got at nashbar. There are several brands, but you need rain pants if you want your legs to be dry. Of course, once you're using rain pants, you need something to keep your feet dry, because now all of the water that didn't get through your jacket or your pants is just moving further south...
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    poncho= sail in wind= bad on a bike!
    rainpants... heavy nylon dh pants work fine for winter, but aren't really 100% waterproof.

commuterboy's right... if you wanna be wet-proof, you gotta wet-proof it all.