• 10-31-2012
    BrianMc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    It looks like Commuterboy has a long swim.

Flowerpower, obviously!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    Did you try turning your monitor upside down?)

Cute. You aren't that guy who recommends just spinning a flat tire so the flat part is at the top of the wheel, too?

Quote:

Quax, that scenery is awesome! We need some ride reports :)

+1

BrianMc
  • 10-31-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Iím there, but somehow the picture I uploaded is upside down. :nono: Itís an interesting picture, however. :rolleyes:
  • 10-31-2012
    Tone's
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bedwards1000 View Post
    I added you. The embedded map won't let you add markers so I added a note in the instructions. I couldn't get any closer than somewhere in Sydney. (or are you in South Africa now?)

You are a bloody legend, yes sydney is great, lol, but why would i be in sth Africa, your not trying to take the piss are you bedwards? :D:skep:rep comin your way as soon as it lets me as ive used my daily quota up, brother cheers mate:thumbsup:
  • 11-01-2012
    bedwards1000
    There's a marker in Johannesburg with your name on it so I thought you might have put it there.

I found a moderator and had them sticky it.

The map site is pretty cool. I didn't even have to create an account to create the map.
  • 11-01-2012
    HelmutHerr
    Now that we know Europe, Africa and Australia only have one bike commuter each, and at least one from the US is in the ocean, I wonder how bike shops are making any money.
  • 11-01-2012
    CommuterBoy
    If you click on my marker, I explained that I'm trying out the flotation properties of fatbike tires. :)

...I added a real one too. Couldn't resist the wide open seas though.
  • 11-01-2012
    NateHawk
    impressed by the distribution of markers so far. more than you might expect for the colder climates. go midwest/Great Lakes!
  • 11-02-2012
    Dalton
    Cool, I didn't know there was another Michigan guy....
  • 11-02-2012
    bigpedaler
    Quote:

Originally Posted by quax View Post
    I work in Munich but live 50 miles south of town at the footslopes of the Alps. I do a combined car-bike-commute.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7T1P62Cmbt...ich711crop.jpg

Gorgeous city shot!! Nevr made it to Munich when I was 'in-country' ('85-88), but the architecture takes me back.

My last year there, I lived 'in the shadow' of the Marnheim Bridge, which the locals blew up during WWII because their nearby town was getting accidentally devastated by Allied bombers TRYING for the bridge!
  • 11-03-2012
    cdaddy
    There's a New Mexico?
  • 11-03-2012
    Mr.Magura
    Denmark on the map.

Magura :)
  • 11-03-2012
    highdelll
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    I looked really hard but wheres the Aussie section on that map?

Mexico is close enough :p
  • 11-06-2012
    bedwards1000
    The map's filling in nicely. We're still missing quite a few "regulars" that I can think of off the top of my head in Alaska, Sweden, Calgary...
  • 11-06-2012
    rodar y rodar
    ...NZ, more CO, FL and AZ.
    Yeah, I guess a lot of people aren`t too hip on putting that info online. But since the ones we know of have already put it out there (or we wouldn`t know about it), I dunno if it matters any more. Can`t knock anybody for not wanting to though, and what is there is still pretty cool.
  • 11-07-2012
    cda 455
    Got 'er done :D !
  • 11-07-2012
    bedwards1000
    Quote:

...NZ, more CO, FL and AZ.
    Yeah, I guess a lot of people aren`t too hip on putting that info online. But since the ones we know of have already put it out there (or we wouldn`t know about it), I dunno if it matters any more. Can`t knock anybody for not wanting to though, and what is there is still pretty cool.

But obviously it's already online since we know where they all are, just sayin.
  • 11-14-2012
    Now I am on that map! Pictures from tuscany in the next future
  • 11-14-2012
    Dummyrunner
    The Dummyrunner is on the map. Feel free to drop in for a cuppa :D
  • 11-15-2012
    BrianMc
    I see why LyNx doesn't post in the winter support thread! A Barbadian.

BrianMc
  • 11-24-2012
    connolm
    I'm on now.

I commute into and around Boston - Cambridge specifically. I'd guess that less than 50% of the people I work with drive to work. Some don't even have cars.

A number of factors make this possible. The city limits the number of parking spaces an employer can provide. My employer offers cash incentives/reimbursements for alternative transportation. Boston has decent public transportation. (hmm... decent? maybe that's a stretch - but it's certainly functional!)

Dalton - I used to commute from Ypsilanti into Ann Arbor in Michigan. 10 miles each way.
  • 11-25-2012
    rodar y rodar
    Quote:

Originally Posted by connolm View Post
    I commute into and around Boston - Cambridge specifically. I'd guess that less than 50% of the people I work with drive to work. Some don't even have cars.

A number of factors make this possible. The city limits the number of parking spaces an employer can provide. My employer offers cash incentives/reimbursements for alternative transportation. Boston has decent public transportation. (hmm... decent? maybe that's a stretch - but it's certainly functional!)

I hear about life on the eastern seaboard, and it sounds like a different world to me! Max alowable parking spaces for an employer? Very cool concept, but it would never fly here!

What`s the riding like in and around the Boston area? Lots of useable bikepaths to cool places? Would it be feasible to bike the tourist areas? It looks like my wife and I are going out next summer to visit my SIL who lives somewhere in the Boston metro area (so, probably between you and Straz- need to find out more specifically), and I might drag a bike with me to entertain myself while they`re doing the "girl" thing. Do you think biking the Concord-Lexington-Boston route would be a crazy traffic nightmare, better attempted on a tour bus?

EDIT: :thumbsup:

http://www.minutemanbikeway.org/Medi...yBrochure2.pdf
  • 11-27-2012
    David C
    Meh, only crazy French Canuk so far...
  • 12-02-2012
    Spatialized
    AZ representing. Feel like I'm the only non-DUI bike commuter in town :D
  • 12-03-2012
    fux
    Put my mark on now.

2nd most northerly so far.
  • 12-03-2012
    rodar y rodar
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fux View Post
    Put my mark on now.

2nd most northerly so far.

Cool! It`s hard to see where you line up with other marks across an ocean- you fall below Blockphi? If Perttime ever pees on the stump, he`ll be tough to beat.