mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Mommy, why is that man so crazy?

Is there anything better then the crazy looks you get when flying through mud at 4:30 AM while its pouring outside on your way to work??

I wear 2 layers(base layer of wool + misc. gear over) and a ski mask to keep my face warm.. and I noticed today that after going through about an 1/8th mile that at the red light some mom with her half asleep kids in the back was staring at me. Made me feel good about my commute today

Well, that and tracking mud into the security office today.. that always cheers me up a little bit.
    2008 Specialized Rockhopper -- STOLEN! *cry*
    09 Stout SE(Its like your sister, cheap and fun)

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Doing it at -30F.

I like it when it's cold. People would rather keep their windows up than lower them to yell at me.

No-Brakes Cougar
    Someone on this forum once said "There is no bad weather, just bad clothing."
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

weirdo
    Crazy is pretty good. A few years ago I heard a little girl talking to her mom call me "that guy with the dirty socks". It wasn`t a muddy day, either.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary the No-Trash Cougar
    Someone on this forum once said "There is no bad weather, just bad clothing."
    LOL! I love that. True in terms of coping with the elements...but there are conditions that I just won't ride in. Dense fog is bad and +40mph wind is bad. Freezing rain or seriously slick conditions are also not something I will ride in.

As far as staying warm and dry...there aren't any real issues there...but it can get to the point that something that is already inherently unsafe becomes downright dangerous. Say what you will but when car drivers can't see or can't control their vehicle adequately, I choose to protect myself with a steel cage.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I sold my truck off in august, so i don't got much a choice. Thankfully we only have 3 months or so of "crazy" weather in phoenix. Monsoon season. Gonna buy some goggles or something when that comes around.. dust storms will blind you forever if your not careful(scratch your retinas up and such).
    2008 Specialized Rockhopper -- STOLEN! *cry*
    09 Stout SE(Its like your sister, cheap and fun)