Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Rides like wrecking ball
    Reputation: Bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,116

    Michelin - City vs Transworld City - 700 x 40c

    Looking for a 700x40-42c "road/path" tire (minimal tread, no side knobs either) to fill up my Cotic Roadrat. These seem to be fairly sturdy by the various weights I could find for that size (but not overbuilt - I don't need a 1000g bulletproof tire), the prices found work for my budget, and they are available online. Any experiences with either of these, or better yet...both of them? Is there anything else in the $20-25 range in this style worth looking at? I think I have exhausted Google on this subject. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

  2. #2
    Ride-Drink Beer-Repeat
    Reputation: Ranman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    78
    I just bought the Forté Metro-K Road tire form Performance for 12.00 on sale. At 465g I really went down in weight because I took off the Gotham's and they were heavy.
    I like the ride better but only time will tell on the goatheads.

    I just looked and it looks like they have gone back to 21.99.
    The Internet: All the piracy, none of the scurvy.

  3. #3
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,359
    I'll chime in with actual information when you post pictures. I love Cotic Roadrats.

  4. #4
    Another Retro Grouch
    Reputation: pursuiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,401
    I've been running the Michelin City Tire on several bikes of my commuter bikes and on friend's bike that I maintain. I find they have good flat resistance esp for urban commuters. The ride quality isn't too harsh considering the weight and flat resistance. REI and Performance Bike have the common sizes in stock (~$28) and Universal carries all sizes ($18~$20):
    http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...8&category=590

  5. #5
    Rider
    Reputation: herrhaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    209
    Here's a pic of my bike with the Transworld's on it. Unfortunatley, I've injured myself...and haven't had a chance to ride it yet .

    The guys at my LBS said that the Transworld's make a great commuter tire that could also be used on hard pack. At under $20 per tire...I don't think that you can go wrong.

    http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.ph.../ppuser/440628

    http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.ph.../ppuser/440628
    No blogs here, nothing special.....I just like to ride my bike.

  6. #6
    Rides like wrecking ball
    Reputation: Bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    I'll chime in with actual information when you post pictures. I love Cotic Roadrats.
    I'll have to work on good pics, my poor quality cell phone pics aren't worth a whole lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

  7. #7
    Rides like wrecking ball
    Reputation: Bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by herrhaus
    Here's a pic of my bike with the Transworld's on it. Unfortunatley, I've injured myself...and haven't had a chance to ride it yet .

    The guys at my LBS said that the Transworld's make a great commuter tire that could also be used on hard pack. At under $20 per tire...I don't think that you can go wrong.

    http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.ph.../ppuser/440628

    http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.ph.../ppuser/440628
    That's the Transworld Sprint but thanks for the pics, the sizing looks great for my intended use. Should fill up the stays and fork of the Roadrat nicely!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

  8. #8
    Rides like wrecking ball
    Reputation: Bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranman
    I just bought the Forté Metro-K Road tire form Performance for 12.00 on sale. At 465g I really went down in weight because I took off the Gotham's and they were heavy.
    I like the ride better but only time will tell on the goatheads.

    I just looked and it looks like they have gone back to 21.99.
    I am already riding light 35c tires. I'm looking for bigger, higher volume around 40-42c.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •