Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by norm
    Very interesting. I might have to try this. One question....didn't the Stan's freeze? Ok, maybe two questions...how hard to mount and keep the air in the tire.

Stan's did not freeze at least that I noticed, mounting was easy, since they have wire beads inflating was easy.

Because they are not tubeless tires it took a bit of shaking to get the tire to fully seal up properly.

Once I got it I maybe filled up once a month.

NormalNorm
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy
    ^^ I'm a farenheit man. Below freezing yes, but not below zero yet...
    Judging from your avatar I'm guessing your a Celcius guy, eh?
    You are very quick..eh!!
    Yeah, I meant farenheit(my bad). Still pretty cool for this time of year. Where are you located?

I miss the old Bob and Doug skits. Eh. The "Trailer park boys" are even better. Totally Canadian humour. Worth checking out.

I Ride for Donuts
    I'm in NorCal (north of Tahoe in the sierras). We're apparently skipping fall altogether and heading straight into winter. It snowed this past saturday (Oct 4th). Mornings below freezing for about a week now...hopefully it warms up a bit before we really get into winter.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

fux
    Scooterist
    Same here in Norway, apparently autumn lasted a couple of weeks.

Disclaimer. I now sell bicycles and bicycle tyres.

instacrap ----> http://instagram.com/manx71/

mtbr member
    May 2008
    First snow of the season, way too early in my opinion.

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy
    I'm in NorCal (north of Tahoe in the sierras).
    Sierra Valley, maybe? Betcha you can pick out where we went for a recon drive Monday- water is still on at most campgrounds. Going back Sun for a roadie loop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Recalculating....

I Ride for Donuts
    Highway 49!! Sierra city...
    That place is epic. Packer Lake Lodge is for sale by the way.

I'm a little further north towards Lake Almanor.

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew7
    First snow of the season, way too early in my opinion.
    better than
    being 98+ degrees F here in TX
    "If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

I dream on two wheels
    Coldest commute of the year so far. 29 F and snowing! I also put some fenders on my commuter yesterday and I've got to say, it is the best investment since clipless pedels. I feel so stupid for not putting fenders on a long time ago.

-Simon
    Whiskey

mtbr member
    May 2008
    If you're riding a mtb what kind of front fender are you using and does it work well?

I dream on two wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew7
    If you're riding a mtb what kind of front fender are you using and does it work well?
    I'm riding an Airborne Lucky Strike with old Rackshox SID race on the front. It actually has a hole in the arch to mount a fender too. I picked up a set of Beaver tail fenders from REI. http://www.rei.com/product/718391

It work very well, I really haven't been this happy about a bike part in a long time!!

-Simon
    Whiskey

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Snow is much better than rain in my book. I welcome winter

I Ride for Donuts
    I had to take a driving day today...boo.
    It's my first one this school year (I'm a teacher). I have to haul a bunch of stuff somewhere after work, and I couldn't come up with another plan. Driving is an absolute last resort

I guess that means I'm ready for winter though...it's 20-something degrees Farenheit and I'm sitting here bummed that I'm not on the bike. We have snow in the forecast... I agree that snow is much better than rain...until the bike lanes are full of what used to be on the road, and the only place to ride is in the bobsled run with all the cars.

mtbr member
    May 2009

New winter commuter

I've been commuting since March this year. Last year I gave up riding in early Nov. I ordered some fenders this year though so I am shooting to get through Most of the Winter this year. Although Jan and Feb are crazy cold in Wisconsin

Just curious how many miles have you put in this year on you bike. This is my first year commuting after being totally lazy for 8 years. So I'm pretty proud of myself for putting up 1800 miles so far.

The coldest day so far was 34F and raining. I aggree that cold rain is way worse than snow.

Brian

I dream on two wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by BBrown
    I've been commuting since March this year. Last year I gave up riding in early Nov. I ordered some fenders this year though so I am shooting to get through Most of the Winter this year. Although Jan and Feb are crazy cold in Wisconsin

Just curious how many miles have you put in this year on you bike. This is my first year commuting after being totally lazy for 8 years. So I'm pretty proud of myself for putting up 1800 miles so far.

The coldest day so far was 34F and raining. I aggree that cold rain is way worse than snow.

Brian
    I have near 3000 since I put a computer on my bike in April this year. They predicting 8-14 inches of snow in Denver tomorrow. That might be a bit too much to handle Im afraid.

-Simon
    Whiskey

weirdo
    Rain sucks.
    Snow is fun. Until it starts to suck too
    Recalculating....

I Ride for Donuts
    My commute gets me right about 2000 miles per school year. I don't really keep track of what I add to that in the summer.

My coldest commute so far was 4* farenheit. I want to do a below zero commute, just so I can say I've done it, but I haven't had the opportunity.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    The opportunity for below zero will not be a problem for me. We have weeks on end that our high is in the single digits. Just getting my butt on the bike will take some willpower though.30's are not so bad, if it's clear I'll ride in shorts, legs get a little pink but better than wearing pants.

Which way? Uphill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonns
    I have near 3000 since I put a computer on my bike in April this year. They predicting 8-14 inches of snow in Denver tomorrow. That might be a bit too much to handle Im afraid.

-Simon
    Yep, this is the first calling of the Pugsley this season for me. Though I hope I can leave to come home prior to the snow building to 8 inches, even with a Pugsley, that's tough to ride in.

Thursday is a driving day for me, Chili Cook-off at work and a rest day before I fly to New York on Friday to race the marathon this weekend. I secretly hope that it snows enough to close down work Thursday, that way I don't have to record a driving day.
    Blog

Just keep spinning. Just keep running. Just keep paddling.
    Just keep moving forward.

I Ride for Donuts
    20* F this morning.... it feels early to be digging this deep into my cycling wardrobe. It's still October! What's January going to be like???

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Total opposite WI this morning 51* at 6:30 this morning. Supposed to get close to 60* today. Rode shorts and a fleece this morning, it will be shorts and jersey on the way to school at 3:00.

I dream on two wheels
    Nice, I miss Wisconsin, sometimes. I grew up in De Pere. Im in Denver now, and its a complete snow covered mess. No commuting the rest of the week Im afraid.
    Whiskey

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonns
    Nice, I miss Wisconsin, sometimes. I grew up in De Pere. Im in Denver now, and its a complete snow covered mess. No commuting the rest of the week Im afraid.
    You must have rode the camp (stump farm). Bairds? I miss Moutians the riding in Oregon was much more fun. We do a couple of races at the ski hills here and it's the closest I get to fun descents.

Colorado is on the list to do some riding for sure.

I dream on two wheels
    Yeah Barids, good times. Did the WORS series a couple years too.
    Whiskey

I Ride for Donuts
    Who else is loving that time change!! It was getting pretty dark in the mornings for me. Today I got to put the headlight back in the backpack for at least another week or two. I actually got a few rays of direct sunlight on the ride this morning. Mid to upper 30's Farenheit... Good stuff. Cold enough to limit the sweating with the right clothes, but not cold enough for numb fingers. Pretty ideal really. Nice crispy morning.

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast