mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Keep dress shirts from getting wrinkled

I have one of those lame jobs where I have to wear dress shirts and slacks everyday. I do have a small locker at work, but I can only fit two shirts and two slacks. I'd rather leave the shoes in the locker and then carry a shirt and pants with me on the bike. Anybody have any luck with that? I would get panniers or a large backpack if needed, but want to make sure it would work before I go buy anything.

Any other ideas?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    i've been using eagle creek packing folders and cubes:

great for shirt & pants if you have the room in your bag. fits inside my messanger bag, but not my pannier bag.

the half cube: fits a rolled pair of pants & shirt. key for me: if you have your stuff dry cleaned, ask to have your shirts folded instead of on a hanger. now you have a nicely pressed, folded shirt ready for packing. if you're careful, rolling your folded shirt and pants will result in a relatively wrinkle-free look at work.

but if it's lame, why do you keep going back?

mtbr member
    Performance sells a "garment bag" pannier...
    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...slisearch=true

Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

Another Retro Grouch
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Climber
    ...Any other ideas?
    I have my shirts laundered and folded. The folded shirts fit in my backpack with my laptop.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Any chance you can "hide" the clothes elsewhere in the office? I used to keep a full suit, shirts, tie etc hanging on the back of my office door. Few people ever realized they were there.

The best solution I've found is to bring items in bulk at the start or end of the week and deliver them by car.

Full of holes
    I bring new shirts when I use the car and leave them in the showers at work.

If I run out, I've found that folding a shirt around a piece of cardboard and keeping it in a plastic bag in my backpack keeps it in farily good shape. I leave this on a hanger in the shower room at work for a day or so, and the wrinkles drop out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    i ride everyday on my way to work and carry dress shirts and slacks with me. I have noticed that the wrinkles i get from wearing my shirts for 1 hour are a bigger deal than the ones that i get from commuting with them folded. just fold it neatly, youll be ok. I use a novara backpack from REI, it is a good size, but id rather have saddlebags or panniers.
    Let The Good Times Roll

Occidental Tourist
    I keep a pair of brown shoes and a pair of black shoes in my cube as well as a reversible belt. I keep my slacks and shirt hanging until I leave and carefully roll them up and into the pannier they go. Works well.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?