Thread: Karma

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

This happened about a week ago, but I don't think I posted it.
    Last week I was riding my new (to me) road bike and was really close to a semi-busy stop light. The turn lane is really narrow. Some idiots in a Cavalier start flicking me off, then the passenger sticks his head out the window and looks back to yell at me. Something I can't really hear, but he is very far out the window. The driver signals into the turn lane and WHAP! The idiot in the passenger seat gets a mirror into the back of his head .

I caught up to him at the stop light by splitting lanes and ask genuinely ask him if he's OK. Both hands grabbing his head, he and the driver don't respond. "You two have a great day now!" I finish splitting the lanes and the light turns green for me to turn.

mtbr member
    Wow. You're lucky to have seen/been a part of that! I get yelled at just about everyday by young idiots in cars. Nothing ever happens to them that I get to witness.....
    Where am I? And how the hell did I get here?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Wow, it is suprising that you didn't actually witness a very bad injury or something. I work in healthcare and I have seen some amazingly bad stuff happen to people who stick parts of their bodies out the window of a moving vehicle.

NormalNorm
    What goes around......comes around.

Man, nothing ever happens like that on my commute. I do hope that the guy is ok, but sometimes it takes something like that to get some respect on the bike. Next time, the guy will keep his head in the window.

Yeah, it's karma.

mtbr member
    I have zero sympathy for people that stick any body part out the window of a moving vehical (for no good reason) and get injured. None what-so-ever. It's not-so-common sense, they shoulda known better...
    Where am I? And how the hell did I get here?

mtbr member
    haha... Karma, indeed. Maybe he learned a lesson or maybe not. Hopefully all that was really hurt was his ego.