weirdo

... and if we just ... Just had a stupid idea.... sounds like fun.

For the upcomming Bike To Work Day, about a dozen local coffee shops are offering free coffee to everyone who shows up on a bike and requests it. Well, I guess you have to present your helmet or something like that. Most areas have a similar thing going on, don`t they? Anyway, despite having an odd work schedule I`m working that day so I have my excuse for not doing it this year, but it occurred to me that it would be kind of a fun "event" to spend the day riding all over town and see if I could manage to hit up every single participating coffee shop for my freebie. Probably be shaking like a leaf on a tree by the end of the day, but what the hell. Just wondering if anybody else has considered doing that.

In the interest of full disclosure, I must confess that my inspiration here is my dad`s old tradition of getting his free birthday meal at every Dennys restaurant within about 50 miles from home. I think they stopped offering that one because Pop doesn`t do it anymore and I seriously doubt he quit of his own accord.

mtbr member
    Ya might memorize locations of all the porta-potties also......

Apr 2007
    IMO, try to be nice and play by the "spirit" of the rules. They are offering their services and products for free, so don't abuse it. Be courteous to them and to the others trying to hurry to get to work.

No-Brakes Cougar
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar
    For the upcomming Bike To Work Day, about a dozen local coffee shops are offering free coffee to everyone who shows up on a bike and requests it. Well, I guess you have to present your helmet or something like that. Most areas have a similar thing going on, don`t they? Anyway, despite having an odd work schedule I`m working that day so I have my excuse for not doing it this year, but it occurred to me that it would be kind of a fun "event" to spend the day riding all over town and see if I could manage to hit up every single participating coffee shop for my freebie. Probably be shaking like a leaf on a tree by the end of the day, but what the hell. Just wondering if anybody else has considered doing that.

In the interest of full disclosure, I must confess that my inspiration here is my dad`s old tradition of getting his free birthday meal at every Dennys restaurant within about 50 miles from home. I think they stopped offering that one because Pop doesn`t do it anymore and I seriously doubt he quit of his own accord.
    That's funny, coffee's right up my alley! You live in Reno right? It would be cool if someone could go around scoring free cups of coffee, then hand them out to the bums that hang out around the mission off of N Virginia St.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

I'm SUCH a square....
    I WOULD SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DO THAT -- if there was ANY cycling support from local businesses here....
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....