Thread: I Did It

mtbr member

I Did It

commuted 7miles to work this afternoon. took about 35 minutes. not bad for being an out of shape smoker. I'm off at 3 and can't wait to ride home. it wasn't easy but wow at knowing this will only get easier.
    As long as I'm on the call sheet and it's listed on IMDb, it's all good.

mtbr member
    holy crap the commute home was tough. 14 miles in one day.
    As long as I'm on the call sheet and it's listed on IMDb, it's all good.

mtbr member
    Keep it up. It gets easier and may even encourage you to quit smoking.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Good on ya mate!!....

now just keep it up and take it easy. Take a break once in a while and crawl into the "coffin" and drive to work. That way you don't get burned out physically. As it becomes easier and you get into better shape the car will just sit more and more. And keep it FUN! Don't turn your commute into a "work out". For some folks that is fun. But for most it isn't. It ain't a race, it's just a commute. Your transit time will get better as your physical condition improves. The idea that some have that you won't improve unless you push yourself is bull!!! So kick back and enjoy the ride. The better commute times will come. I've got a one way 5 mile commute myself. When I first started out it was 35 minutes there and 28 on the return trip, have a big climb on the way there. I'm down to 27 flat there and 20 flat on the return trip on a converted MTB frame with 2.0 pavement tires. Gotta do something to smooth out these lousy mid west roads! And that's not pushing it. The only thing that really tears up the times now is the wind! Windy days SUCK! But you gotta take the good with the bad.

Keep it fun and enjoyable and you'll stick with it. Make it "work" and it'll be allot tougher hang in there.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"