Page 1 of 584 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009

How was your commute today?

Well how was it?

Mine was good... hadn't been able to ride at all for the 10 days leading up to today, so it was a bit harder to get into the groove.

Forgot my battery pack for my big light, so I had to ride the last 5 miles on pothole ridden bikelanes with a little flasher.

Got honked at when I was as far right as I could be without getting doored.

All in all, it was a good commute... I ride alongside two different freeways (on a bike path) and get to see the traffic backed up for miles... People feverishly trying to type out their morning emails on their blackberry or looking ragged from sitting in traffic. Then I break away from the bike path and the traffic, and it all looks like a rat race in my rearview mirror.

The Brutally Handsome
    morning was good but not memorable. i had several (three) unscheduled meetings after work so by the time i got off it was dark and i too had forgotten my light. luckily, a fellow commuter had driven to work and offered me a ride. i ain't lazy, but sometimes its nice to sit back and let others do the work!

Seeeriously easy Livin
    Morning ride in was beautiful weather, nice enough that I didn't care about being 10 minutes late, night ride I was pretty worn out, but still nice, only thing memorable was my chain dropped when I backpedaled to trackstand at a stop light, so I had to get off to put it back on. I hate putting a foot down on my ride, 9 out of 10 times I don't have to.

local trails rider
    Pretty normal: the weather was dry which makes all the difference to me. This time of the year good weather means just slightly below the freezing point. No snow yet, so I am still running the fat slicks.

It is not really dark yet, during my commuting times. Just enough that I want to have some lights to ensure I am seen. The streets that I take are so quiet that drivers have lots of room to go around me.

I Ride for Donuts
    I'm still basking in the glory of the time change. Actual sunlight in the morning is awesome...takes the chill off. Upper 20's this morning. Crispy fall weather. I've been fighting the flu, so i blew snot rockets for 6 miles. Saw the usual dozen or so deer on the way... didn't do the iPod today, just took in the stillness. Good ride.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member
    May 2008
    30 degrees, no wind and I'm also enjoying the time change.

The light gods were kind this morning and I made good time and felt fast.

I actually saw 5 riders today which is rare for November, I guess the promise of 60 degree weather is bringing them out.

mtbr member
    35 degrees and raining...lame weather to commute in. Im glad I am a student and my commute is only about 2 miles round trip, but I guess coming and going twice or 3 times in a day makes up for the short length...

mtbr member
    Close to 70 degrees this morning for my 10 miles in, love this time of year!

I Have Cookies
    nice this morning about 65 here in Hilo had somthing wierd going on with my rear tire it was picking up all the little rocks and pebbles and flinging them at my seat tube (I modded my rear fender) like it was brand new....(the tire) but it isin't in fact it has a few thousand miles on it...
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

fux
    Scooterist
    Pretty "special" today.

5 degrees c , in a storm. Sleet on the way home. I had to walk up the steepest hill because of the wind blowing in from the sea. I just couldn`t pedal fast enough to stay upright!

Fist time I`ve endured that in 3 years.....
    Disclaimer. I now sell bicycles and bicycle tyres.

instacrap ----> http://instagram.com/manx71/

ride the moment
    Mine was delightful. It was sunny this morning and about 40-45 F. I even stopped to take this picture of my bike with the intent of posting about how awesome my commute was this morning. I love Oregon. Oh yeah that's a bike path that goes through the old covered bridge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How was your commute today?-bridge.jpg  

Just because you read a book it don't make you conscious. - MC Lush

The Brutally Handsome
    when I saw that bridge I knew it must be Oregon, best place on earth! Where bouts you live?

No-Brakes Cougar
    Fun, but fairly uneventful as always. Except there seemed to be an unusually high number of people pulling out in front of me. One section of bike lane was littered with chunks of asphalt that weren't there yesterday morning, but they made for an interesting skills session. Weather was a bit warm and sunny and the sky was clear. Earlier this week, I discovered a hidden section of dirt road, right smack in the middle of my town and going in the direction of my commute so I've been looking forward to hitting that every morning. Ride report and photos coming once I get them formatted and uploaded.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

I Ride for Donuts
    Rode the mtn bike today for the heck of it. Kona Dawg, full susp. A bit slower, but a nice change every once in a while.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

Ovaries on the Outside
    Oregon was especially nice for the commute yesterday...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Nice sunny day, 45 low wind, they took the bike rack in at work getting ready for the snow so parking is going to get a bit challenging. I guess they need to give me a bigger office so I can have indoor parking

Oh ya, +1 for Oregon, first 23 years of my life there, miss it like crazy

ride the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzler
    when I saw that bridge I knew it must be Oregon, best place on earth! Where bouts you live?
    I live in Philomath. I'm a research assistant at OSU so I commute to Corvallis. We have two pretty sweet bike paths that connect the two towns.

The ride in this morning was nice but not sunny. There's some serious rain moving into the valley from the ocean today with wind gusts up to 40 mph. I'll be riding west when I go home tonight so that should makes things interesting. Oh well, that's why I've got an Oregon suit
    Just because you read a book it don't make you conscious. - MC Lush

mtbr member
    Not so great; I've been driving to campus since Tuesday. I have a cold I am really hating this especially since the weather is amazing this week (highs in the 80s). I'm hoping I feel good enough to ride tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Mine was completely effin' horrible. Biking to/from work is 25 miles each way and takes around 1:35. Driving is only 15 miles. I haven't been riding the past week because I have been recovering from a nasty cold/flu. Tonight the 15 mile commute took 1:50. Yes, you read that right: to drive 15 miles took 1 hour 50 minutes. The good news is that this will be extra motivation on the mornings when I need a little extra push to convince myself to bike to work instead of driving.

mtbr member

commuting with remnants of swine flu

My commute is about 8 miles each way.

I'm now at day 12 since swine flu infection and still have lingering cough. Around day 5, when fever went away, I resumed bike commute. Co-workers of course think I'm crazy for biking in when 'sick'.

I'm taking it easy tho-- sometimes putting the bike on the bus etc. so I don't think I'm prolonging my illness or overdoing it.

think this SF just takes a while to fully go away.

Anyway, I bought a couple of the MS lights which are talked about extensively on the 'lights' and night riding forum.

This light makes the night time commute sooooo much fun!
    Last edited by dcc1234; 11-05-2009 at 08:03 PM.

I'm SUCH a square....
    A lit-le breazy...but jolly good in the end, mate.

Actually, the ride in sucked -- I was late, had to take the short, direct route, but going home, I bucked the wind and had a good time.
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by rshughes
    Mine was completely effin' horrible. Biking to/from work is 25 miles each way and takes around 1:35. Driving is only 15 miles. I haven't been riding the past week because I have been recovering from a nasty cold/flu. Tonight the 15 mile commute took 1:50. Yes, you read that right: to drive 15 miles took 1 hour 50 minutes. The good news is that this will be extra motivation on the mornings when I need a little extra push to convince myself to bike to work instead of driving.
    Yuck! I used to have to drive 20 minutes each way and I got sick of that after a few years. I can`t fathom how people deal with hour-plus commutes by any method of transportation. Also, I seriously doubt I could ride 50 miles per day round trip on a continuing basis- aside from the fact that each of those 25 milers would take me well over that hour!
    Recalculating....

The Brutally Handsome
    12 hour shift
    ended at 8
    rode 9 miles
    at 11 mph
    raining .31 in/hr
    with 110 lumens
    100% fun!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzler
    12 hour shift
    ended at 8
    rode 9 miles
    at 11 mph
    raining .31 in/hr
    with 110 lumens
    100% fun!
    I love riding in heavy rain as long as it's over 50* under that and it starts to suck a little bit

mtbr member
    May 2006
    ride in this am i got a flat in my rear tire. changed it out and enjoyed the tail wind the rest of the ride!
    Drew
    __________________________________________________ __
    Rides in Minneapolis, MN.

Page 1 of 584 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast