Page 439 of 439 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439
Results 21,901 to 21,919 of 21919
    I'd rather be on my bike
    Today was windy. Missed out on the rain luckily. Fenders, even though I hate em, HATE HATE HATE them, are nice for just wet roads. Haven't decided about Thursday's commute yet, storms forecasted - some severe. Thursday would make 7 straight bike commutes. Decisions decisions.....
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.
    2016 miles: 4172/6000
    2017 miles: 619.9/5000

CB of the East
    Wow, that is a lot of dislike for fenders. I took the fendered bike today because it rained overnight and I didn't want a wet arse. Try not to think of it as punishment. Try to think of it as making you appreciate your lighter, funner bikes.

Found a flasher on the commute as noted in another thread.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Day 4 with cargo bike and dog. My legs are still attached, and the rain has just missed us by 10 minutes for 2 of those rides. We were the first ones to the office today, I guess she was first because I have a front loader.

I like fenders, at least more than I like road gunk covering my body.

NDD
    Baby boy
    Quote Originally Posted by formula4speed View Post
    Day 4 with cargo bike and dog. My legs are still attached, and the rain has just missed us by 10 minutes for 2 of those rides. We were the first ones to the office today, I guess she was first because I have a front loader.

I like fenders, at least more than I like road gunk covering my body.
    I'm still thinking I missed something. You get to take your dog to work?
    i am basically just an organic pattern recognition algorithm

CB of the East
    What does your dog do at work?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Is this not normal? How do you get through a work day without your dog and not go insane?

She mostly naps, and says hi to anyone who will look in her general direction and then sniff their pockets in case they have treats. More people carry dog treats than you would think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How was your commute today?-bk000002-web.jpg  

CB of the East
    I think I would go insane if I went through my work day with my dog. She can be a little curious and demanding.

mtbr member
    formula4 that's awesome I wish I could take my dog to work!

I broke a spoke this morning on a sharp corner on the ride into work, then realized when I got ready to head home there was actually 2 broken spokes. Rode carefully and slow home and made it, the tire was about a frog's hair from hitting the chainstays. I guess I get to practice truing a rim this weekend woo hoo!
    2017 Giant Trance 2
    2015 Ghost Kato 5 (bikepacker)
    2016 GT Traffic 3.0 (commuter)
    1988ish GT Mach One

Moderator Moderator
    Welcome back to bikecommuting Woodway & NDD! Formula, that dog and setup are super cute! Lucky dog and humans! Rides have been pretty good, a little windier than I'd prefer. Earlier this week I accepted a ride home as I had only brought the helmet light and it was going out as soon as it went on. Turned out the culprit was the cable between the battery in my pack and the helmet - a loose wire kept it from charging right or connecting reliably once charged. Luckily it is replaceable, so the whole thing is not trash. I also ordered an accessory that lets you charge your phone or whatever off the battery pack, great for emergencies or camping.

mtbr member
    Hey F4S that picture is awesome!! Very nice that the company allows you to bring the dog. We have only a cat and cats generally prefer to stay in their own territory. Dogs instead love to be on the road and discover new things so very nice that you can bring the dog. Let him run a while until he's tired, then you wont have any problems at work either Wanted to give you rep for the pic but have to spread it around before I can give you some.

No ride yesterday. Had to attend a customer meeting and bringing the suit etc was too much hassle so I took the bus.

Today was windy. Ride in was fairly ok with 6C. During the day some showers passed through but it was dry when I left. For that the wind picked up to some 20-25kts and I made a slight detour, which made me go into the wind. Rode in the the drops all the time and bended over as far as I could, still got only 15kph out of it. Got better later when it became a crosswind and I was a bit sheltered. Rode some 27km in total today.

Rode 3 out of 4 working days this week but with a detour on 2 days, so that makes at least 3,5 days

I'd rather be on my bike
    Rode bike to bike shop. Worked at bike shop for 8 hours. Rode bike home. Now that is a great day!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Saw a pretty car parked next to the bike parking at my workplace.

How was your commute today?-whotheheckhasateslamodels.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Thanks all, yes it is really nice having her at work with me. She's also the main reason I got the cargo bike, didn't want have to choose between biking to work and having her there with me. So problem solved.

mtbr member
    Nice ride in, empty roads at 0630, not to cold, no one tried to kill me I am in the midst of working 33 days in a row my goal is to ride every day. My commute is about 14 miles round trip. I have come to the conclusion that I like riding my hardtail 29er more than my 26er or 650b.Seems like I cover more ground on the flats.
    I should try taking my meezer cat out on one of those rigs

I'd rather be on my bike
    So far, I have been doing pretty well going car light. Great commute in today and the ride home was pretty good as well. It is that weird temperature at night here where you start off really cold, but end up being warm. I need more sleeves I think because that seems to be the perfect solution. A wind breaker had me drenched and that sucked. Commutes Monday and Tuesday and then the rain/severe weather will be back so that car may see duty depending on how it goes. Tied my KOM and was frustrated with myself because I could have easily gone one second faster. Next time!!

mtbr member
    Rode in today First one in a while, still not fully well but thought , sod it, maybe it'll clear out the pipes!

Bike has had a good clean and service so was running well. Weather was bright, some cloud, light sprinkle of rain, headwind...

Glad to see some of you doing well on the commutes, good luck on car free Tenspeed, that's a big commitment.
    2017 - 615/4000 commute miles

I'd rather be on my bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipSpace View Post
    Rode in today First one in a while, still not fully well but thought , sod it, maybe it'll clear out the pipes!

Bike has had a good clean and service so was running well. Weather was bright, some cloud, light sprinkle of rain, headwind...

Glad to see some of you doing well on the commutes, good luck on car free Tenspeed, that's a big commitment.
    Wish I could go car free to be honest, just going car lite for now. Glad you are feeling a bit better.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiter58 View Post
    ....., no one tried to kill me ....
    Now that sounds cynical....

Hey Slipspace, nice to see you back on the bike! Take it easy man, its just the way to work and back home, not a race ;o)) at least, that is how I see it. It doesnt matter how, where, what and how fast you ride - just keep RIDING! and get well soon.

Windy here today again and will be for the rest of the week. Regular showers passing through. Rain made fun of me this afternoon. Stopped to put on the rainpants, when I got back on the bike, it stopped raining again!! Kept the rainpants on for the last 5minutes anyway, just short enough not to be cooked.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Set my fastest effort to work yesterday. 16.5 mph average over 6.5 miles. I usually go about 15.0 mph +/- 0.5 average. This morning, I happened to smash that previous record, going 17.4 mph. This on a singlespeed 29er (see blue ROS9 in pic a few posts up). I was going NW, and the wind was from the SW 0-5 MPH. Was calm yesterday. Odd thing is, I injured my left ankle a couple days ago (got run over by a heavily loaded 250+ lbs cart). I guess it's just because I was really trying to get technique down right, doing the "ankling" and trying to get power through at least half my pedal stroke and making my feet feel light on the pedals, focusing on extending the legs (focused on "pushing down" just behind the knee) and getting my heels down just before my feet reach 12 o'clock.

Also set a pretty good time, jogging around the block, 0.92 miles in 5:42. Was trying to practice good technique, leaning forward and not kicking out my stride too much, but was wheezing and unable to maintain technique, at under 160 bpm. Feels odd being full anaerobic at 160 bpm. I recall last year doing 185 up a long pavement climb, and not feeling so awful during the effort. Not my best effort, but I was pleasantly surprised that "feeling terrible" got my 3rd fastest mile pace effort around this block.

Also rode by an auto collision:

How was your commute today?-autocollisiontruckmercedes.jpg
    How was your commute today?-autocollisiontruckmercedes2.jpg
    How was your commute today?-autocollisiontruckmercedes3.jpg

Mercedes driver said that the pickup ran the light. I have no clue how it ended up like this. Maybe someone can tell from debris left over on the road (cars are parked on the road leading to the right).