Page 437 of 437 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437
Results 21,801 to 21,831 of 21831
    mtbr member
    Commuted the mtb today for fun and it has green on it for St Pattys. Was fun jumping off curbs and such.

2017 Giant Trance 2
    2015 Ghost Kato 5 (bikepacker)
    2016 GT Traffic 3.0 (commuter)
    1988ish GT Mach One

mtbr member
    Bright and sunny here today, but man was it windy. Head or cross most of the way and I can feel the reduced riding and general exercise of the last few weeks.
    2017 - 615/4000 commute miles

mtbr member
    Back on the bike after a full week. Felt great!

Very nice ride in this morning. 6C and sunny, hardly any wind. Very enjoyable. Ride home was sunny too but quite windy. It was a tail/crosswind only so not that bad.

Was quite slow this morning but didnt push it either. Looking forward to the next days of riding

I'd rather be on my bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipSpace View Post
    Bright and sunny here today, but man was it windy. Head or cross most of the way and I can feel the reduced riding and general exercise of the last few weeks.
    My sentiments exactly. 10 days off the bike, and I feel like a fat pig. Diet has been horrible. Lack of exercise, and when I put my jersey on today, I got pissed at myself. Headwind both ways today, 54 and sunny for the ride in at least. Cooler for Wednesday but I am still riding, then the rain is supposed to come. Decided that I am not going to ride in freezing weather and rain so I will be back off the bike for at least a few days. This sucks.
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.
    2016 miles: 4172/6000
    2017 miles: 314.2/5000

Training for the Darwin's
    Quote Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
    My sentiments exactly. 10 days off the bike, and I feel like a fat pig. Diet has been horrible. Lack of exercise, and when I put my jersey on today, I got pissed at myself. Headwind both ways today, 54 and sunny for the ride in at least. Cooler for Wednesday but I am still riding, then the rain is supposed to come. Decided that I am not going to ride in freezing weather and rain so I will be back off the bike for at least a few days. This sucks.
    I was right there last week so I took the Fargo out for the first non-Fat bike ride of the year. All of a sudden, I'm fast again (well slightly faster anyway).
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

mtbr member
    Another nice day today, I will have to get used to it since the forecast is nice ;o))

5C this morning and a light cross/headwind. Saw 4 roe deers pretty close but didnt have a camera at hand :-/ Wind turned and was headwind again on the way home....at least it was 12C and sunny so no complaints.

Now that forster is ditching the fatbike I start thinking of putting the conti speedride summer tires back on. Well maybe 2-3 more weeks...

Not ditching the fat bike just taking it from commuter to off-roader where it belongs.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

CB of the East
    Monday - No Bike, Dentist Apt
    Tuesday - Road, Lost a blinky,found a running leash - Found my blinky on the way home which worked but it was a little crushed. (Pretty sure NiteRider has a flat rate repair of $10)
    Wednesday - Fatty - Nice in (found a MP3 player), Redonculous wind on the way home and cold.
    Thursday - Studless 27.5+ on the trails=FUN
    Friday?

mtbr member
    It was a cold commute this morning. I thought that the snow was over, and then we got hit with an early Spring snow-storm.

mtbr member
    Pretty similar rides as the last days again, just cloudy today. Felt noticeably colder though.

Forster: ok got it

Bedwards: hope the dentist appointment wasnt too bad...

mtbr member
    Ok I hope somebody is going to talk here - I dont like talking to myself only ;o))

Lovely rides today! It was -1C this morning but sunny and calm. I passed a roe deer only 5 meters/yards away!! It was hiding between some bushes and trees but I spotted it anyway, just tried to look like I wasnt seeing her. I hope this kind of close encounter wont happen when she gets babies...usually they are getting pretty aggressive to defend the kids.

Made a detour on the way home and logged 30km today. Rode the first part home with a collegue who was going the same way. Pretty nice to be not alone during the ride. Met my wife and kid shortly before home and rode home together. Rode 4 of 5 days this week, good times.

No riding next week Monday and Tuesday. I am flying to the other plant Monday evening and coming back on Tuesday. Got a hotel so close that I can walk over in like 10-15min.

Currently the forecast shows temps up to 18!!C next week. Cant wait until its Wednesday.

Have a nice weekend y'all!

I'd rather be on my bike
    No commute, but I packed up my road wheels and strapped them to my bag and rode down to the shop to get them trued. Got some rain last night so the MUP was a bit wet still. Couldn't pass the day up though. Currently sunny and 72F and it was in the low 60's when I went in. Got some lunch, hung out at the shop, and then hopped over to the campus and just rode around enjoying the day. Broke a sweat and it felt really good to not be cold. Storms are on their way, and it is supposed to rain most of the weekend. Today, today was really nice. My mom passed away 9 years ago today, and it felt really good to just get out on the bike, pedal away, and think about her. Didn't ride for any KOM's, or worry about how fast or how far I went, the only thing that mattered were that the pedals were turning.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Back in the saddle this week. Easing back into things and rode three times this week. I've got to re-learn all the organizational techniques I used to know. And I've got to ramp my body back up to a daily commute workload. The occasional road/mountain ride does not equal a daily commute...

mtbr member
    I slowed down for standing water & a car passed at the speed limit & douched me. I think it was on purpose. A-hole.

mtbr member
    Clocks went forward an hour over the weekend. Kinda threw me this morning as I was effectively out an hour earlier compared to friday. It was all gloomy and chilly (5C). Supposed to hit 15C today and be nice for the week, yay!

mtbr member
    I couldn't get any thread with more than one page to open since getting the new laptop. That problem went away today. Not sure if MTBR was changing things or my new sign in and password did not give me access until they updated the files.

Nice day and will ride later. Colds, bad weather, being away, and the fact that I do not work had their effects on my riding of late. Time to get back into shape.

CB of the East
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclingdutchman View Post
    Bedwards: hope the dentist appointment wasnt too bad...
    Just a cleaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    Back in the saddle this week. Easing back into things and rode three times this week. I've got to re-learn all the organizational techniques I used to know. And I've got to ramp my body back up to a daily commute workload. The occasional road/mountain ride does not equal a daily commute...
    How far is the new commute? You used to have one of the longer ones around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRider View Post
    I slowed down for standing water & a car passed at the speed limit & douched me. I think it was on purpose. A-hole.
    Effer!

I'm afraid my over the lake route may be closing soon. It's good for now but we've got a week of above freezing weather forecast. If we get another cold snap it will be extended but if not the ice will be too weak soon. The trails were marginal at best today with 32F rain making them soft. I may have to embrace this whole spring thing sooner than later.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I drove in today due to a mtb crash on Saturday. I'm OK, but my lower back/upper butt is super bruised and riding my SS didn't seem to be a great idea this morning. I'll probably drive tomorrow too and see how it goes on Wednesday.

I'm working on a ride video, but here's a video of the crash: https://youtu.be/q1LrP1rIvhU.

CB of the East
    Nice crash footage. Kudos for not swearing as you went down. It looks like you hit nothing. Heal up soon!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bedwards1000 View Post
    Nice crash footage. Kudos for not swearing as you went down. It looks like you hit nothing. Heal up soon!
    Family show, right? There is actually a root there, but you can't see it from the footage. Apparently, I didn't see it when I was riding either. Here is a pic of it as I walked back up the trail:
    How was your commute today?-17362359_10155173468584294_580940829562770465_n.jpg

CB of the East
    ^^Looks totally harmless. I've had a hidden root throw me off with a pedal strike too. It was at low speed last fall but my rib still reminds me. My response was not family appropriate but was also not being recorded.

Light rain and 35 for the ride home = not ideal.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bedwards1000 View Post
    ^^Looks totally harmless. I've had a hidden root throw me off with a pedal strike too. It was at low speed last fall but my rib still reminds me. My response was not family appropriate but was also not being recorded.

Light rain and 35 for the ride home = not ideal.
    Yeah, I've never had a pedal strike here before. I'm not sure I've even had a pedal strike on this trail system before, except for maybe slower speed root crossings. It totally took me by surprise. I almost hit a fallen log earlier that was hanging out over a berm, and had a stick jump up and get caught between my chainstays and tire. It was an unusual ride.

mtbr member
    Got my ride in. Man, I have a long way to come back, but I was worse in 2008 after years of not cycling.

mtbr member
    Well, I commuted to the store and back. Used my bike bags as grocery sacks. Bike path is getting plowed so real commuting is not far off.

I'd rather be on my bike
    That trail looks pretty dang fun. Crash sucked. Been there, same position on the ground, just doing a quick evaluation on if everything is still attached to your body and if you are alive. Looks like you were almost able to recover it before you went down?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
    That trail looks pretty dang fun. Crash sucked. Been there, same position on the ground, just doing a quick evaluation on if everything is still attached to your body and if you are alive. Looks like you were almost able to recover it before you went down?
    Yeah. I think if I were wearing clipless, I might have pulled off the save. I might have actually caught the back of my shoe on my pedal when trying to re-establish myself. There is some damage on the back of my left shoe that I hadn't noticed before. I don't tend to crash often, but I actually crashed another time about a half hour later and broke the front derailleur mount on my frame. 1x here I come... I also scuffed a tree with my bars, dodged logs hanging out over a berm, and had a stick pop up between my non-drive side chainstay and tire. Eventful ride.

In commuting news, I decided to give it a go today. The ride went fine as long as I kept the cadence at a reasonable level. I still can't spin as fast as normal, but I'm glad I rode. I get antsy when I don't ride.

mtbr member
    Sounds like mother nature was out to get you s0ckeyeus!

Was really foggy here this am, sounds silly but really wet fog too. About 2C. It's supposed to hit high teens later and is beautiful out there at the moment.

mtbr member
    Ride home was nice, overcast but 17C!

Car again today... no idea why but it really is just a mental battle to get my backside moving, at the moment I'm losing

Moderator Moderator
    Classic spring rides yesterday, meaning just above freezing, foggy from all the snow disappearing up into the air, raining, and new potholes covered by puddles. I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by SlipSpace View Post
    Ride home was nice, overcast but 17C!

Car again today... no idea why but it really is just a mental battle to get my backside moving, at the moment I'm losing
    Me too, 42F and heavy rain, not my day.

CB of the East
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    Classic spring rides yesterday, meaning just above freezing, foggy from all the snow disappearing up into the air, raining, and new potholes covered by puddles. I enjoyed it nonetheless.
    Yup. If I can't be on the trails I'm looking forward to getting on a summer road bike though.