Page 418 of 418 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418
Results 20,851 to 20,857 of 20857
    ~ B A D A S S ~
    Quite ****ty weather on my way home. rained like hell. I didnt care though. since my bike has golden fenders! I was wearing swimming shorts I got just as wet as if i had taken a swim. People were loading up their bikes on a trailer at work today. apparantly some competition this weekend.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Weights on the bike has a double effect, I find. On the one hand you are slower to get up to speed/climb but faster on the descents and hold speed easier on the flat. Swings and roundabouts, as they say.

Speaking of roundabouts, I had my second off of the season today... Driver blocked the round about and I decided to go around. It had one of those slippery decorative kerb things in the middle. I came at it at an oblique angle and the front wheel tracked up and over the kerb ok, the back not so much... It slid along the kerb edge and ended up throwing me off the bike. It was peeing down rain you see... Left knee, right thigh are a bit bruised but my bike is a-ok. My pride took the biggest hit, though...

NDD
    Baby boy
    Quote Originally Posted by car bone View Post
    Quite ****ty weather on my way home. rained like hell. I didnt care though. since my bike has golden fenders! I was wearing swimming shorts I got just as wet as if i had taken a swim. People were loading up their bikes on a trailer at work today. apparantly some competition this weekend.
    I thought I was the only one around these parts to wear swim shorts when it rains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_HTX View Post
    Weights on the bike has a double effect, I find. On the one hand you are slower to get up to speed/climb but faster on the descents and hold speed easier on the flat. Swings and roundabouts, as they say.

Speaking of roundabouts, I had my second off of the season today... Driver blocked the round about and I decided to go around. It had one of those slippery decorative kerb things in the middle. I came at it at an oblique angle and the front wheel tracked up and over the kerb ok, the back not so much... It slid along the kerb edge and ended up throwing me off the bike. It was peeing down rain you see... Left knee, right thigh are a bit bruised but my bike is a-ok. My pride took the biggest hit, though...
    Take care of yourself now!

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk
    i am basically just an organic pattern recognition algorithm

mtbr member
    Nice vid CB!

I dont wear swimshorts on the bike but similar quick drying stuff, like outdoor zip-off pants etc. When it rains and it is warm enough I just get wet and let it dry again or changebat the end.of the ride. This way I am not hauling around my raingear all summer and I get wet only 1-2 times a year (rain radars rule).

~ B A D A S S ~
    I get wet a lot. But i dont care. its only water. I like the winter though. it can't rain when its below 0C then it snows.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Congrats on the 1st place Bedwards! Cool video CB, and good thing the bike is Ok Ghost! That sucks on the crash, I nearly wiped out the other day on one of those slipery metal utility covers on a sidewalk today. Local police on dual sport motorcycles have been cracking down on the tweakers living on the trail and in the tunnels/bridges. Bout time! It was getting bad. One on a bridge today was in cuffs and the cop was rummaging through his shopping cart full of crap. They are making a mess of everything leaving mattresses and furniture and garbage and human waste all over the place, it's really gross.

NDD what are your plans for the bikepacking? I think it's a blast.
    2015 Ghost Kato 5
    2016 GT Traffic 3.0 (commuter)
    1988ish GT Mach One

NDD
    Baby boy
    ^ Eugene, I'm thinking about taking a couple days to bike around the Missouri Ozarks this autumn. Got a new pannier setup, tent, and hammock.
    i am basically just an organic pattern recognition algorithm