Page 354 of 435 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404 ... LastLast
Results 17,651 to 17,700 of 21737
    NDD
    Baby boy
    Quote Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
    No commute for me today as it is my normal day off. Going for a ride though.

2015 Felt Z5 full carbon, Shimano 105 STI shifters and drivetrain.

I replaced the saddle with a Specialized Phenom that I have, added the SPD pedals, the bag, a light, Specialized Zee cage and adjusted the cockpit.

Attachment 999553
    So...gears are a thing for you now?

I'd rather be on my bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedthrough View Post

Tenspeed, that new Felt is a beauty.

Happy 4th everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    So...gears are a thing for you now?
    Well......I wanted to try everything, and now I have. BMX, mountain bike, CX bike, fixed gear/single speed bike, road bike and fat bike. I have sold off most of them, still have the fat and two fixed gear track bikes (soon to be 1) and now this road bike. Took it on its maiden commute to work today for the holiday. Getting a slight creak from the seatpost area. I swapped the saddle out and slightly lowered the post and I think it is coming from there. I need to break down and buy a torque wrench now I guess. I hope it is just the saddle bolt on the post but it might be the post clamp itself. I am not going to ride it until I get that squared away. Fixed gear to work tomorrow because it is being neglected. Still adjusting to this whole gearing/braking/coasting thing you fellers and ladies are doing. Feels really weird to just not pedal while I am riding. The shifts are crisp and direct and I love the 105 stuff so far. Claris, Tiagra and Sora, while improved, simply were not an option. 105 or better, or SRAM Force/Rival, etc would have sufficed. Stem will be swapped out tomorrow and bars need to be dialed in. Other than that, it is a great bike and rides really nicely.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday. That double time and a half I made will come in handy.
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.
    2016 miles: 4172/6000
    2017 miles: 232.7/5000

Training for the Darwin's
    Rusted, I'm pretty happy with the bike route feature of google maps, but it will send you down some odd roads from time to time. It also seems to have a hard time taking the obvious route when there's a nearby bike trail.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

I'd rather be on my bike
    ^ have found the same thing with Google Maps. Only used it once but it sent me on kind of a wild goose chase when there was a marked bike path right there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I guess I was mostly surprised because it has usually worked well, and those were the least bike friendly roads I have yet ridden. I was following the voice navigation prompts and didn't bother to look at the map first. As much my poor planning as any fault of GPS.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Warm and breezy but a really nice ride in. Slow weekend at work so that was nice as well. Ride home was alright, until the mosquitos caught me. I was riding fairly fast, and they were keeping up, and getting me!!!! The MUP runs along a heavily wooded and swampy area so they just swarm there. I am like a meal on wheels for them. I might have to start sticking to the main roads to avoid the MUP late at night.

NDD
    Baby boy
    Meals on wheels! That's rich. Thumbs up for that one.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Bad news; still sick so no bike time.
    Bad news; my 2 year old has stomach flu so no bike time.
    Good news; just ordered a pair of Schwalbe Kojak 26 x 1.35s for my new wheels.
    Good news; said wheels are shipped and winging their way to me

CB of the East
    ^^You're supposed to alternate the good news and the bad news, it's a rule.

Ohhh, brand new Felt, Nice! I love my Felt.

Great long weekend, rides every day and lots lots more. Weather today is beautiful, I'd take another day off.
    Patriotic stuff:
    The Candid Cyclist: Forty On The Forth

mtbr member
    Uneventful ride today. Thunderstorms killed three trees this weekend but all had been moved out of the way already so the roads were not blocked anywhere.

Thanks to Forster for the tip: I checked the rear wheel and I think the rim tape is too narrow so it moves around. I let it in but put two layers of ducttape on top. We'll see how it holds up. And I also put the midge back on and it felt better than the woodchipper immediately.

Moderator Moderator
    The only excitement today was before the commute. While walking the dogs on the snowmachine trail I finally saw the black bear I knew was out there. Sorry, no pix, I was busy corralling the dogs! Luckily it was the side of the bear you want to see when out with dogs, the hind end disappearing into the forest.

Training for the Darwin's
    Cyclingdutchman, Rim tape too thin or too narrow is a really common issue around my neck of the woods. Don't know why it's so hard to put decent tape on a rim, but apparently that's the difference between profit and bankruptcy. Add a few spoke hole burrs and your changing tubes.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Great ride in today. Warmest day of the year so far I think, clearing 80F easily. One close call, totally my fault. I froze as I was coming out of the bike shop into the alley....forgetting how to stop the bike. Very used to just adjusting my speed with the pedals on the fixed gear. Quickly figured it out on the new bike and got stopped before I ran into a car. Found a new place to park my bike at work because some of the jackholes that park there simply don't know how a bike rack works. They installed new gates to pay as you leave the inner part of the parking ramp. Everything is bolted to the cement, and the backside is mostly hidden by poles but has a really nice spot for one bike to lock to. Been using it since I discovered it the other day.

weirdo
    Hoping the Ghost household gets over their bugs.

Man, more rain + serious flash flooding going on! I don`t know what`s up with the weather this year. We just finished the driest winter I can remember, then rain all spring (very unusual), now isolated afternoon T-storms for ever. The temps go up, then down, more or less as expected for this time of year, but I bet we`ve had afternoon rains an average of three times per week for a month now- really heavy ones Sat and today. We had a hard cloudburst around 3PM, then it stopped for about 90 minutes (more likely moved over a mile or so), and THEN it opened up like a waterfall for two to three hours, including wildly swinging wind gusts, that steady rolling thunder and lightning flashing all around, and a switching back and forth between rain and hail. My whole yard was a river, with rapids running across my driveway. I took a nap and got up a half hour before time to leave for work, expecting to sprint through the mud to my truck and drive in, but it had completely stopped, and was actually very nice out. I rode in, hopping puddles the whole way (thank you fenders), and found the streets littered with debris- sticks and branches, bunches of dead weeds, rocks, mud, many places with mud flows several inches thick out into the road. When I got in I heard numerous reports from my co-workers involving flooded roads. But some of the guys who drive in from afar said they had little or no rain at their homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedthrough View Post
    It got interesting when I trusted Google to map the shortest route home from the third farm. 7 miles of 45 and 55 mph roads with no shoulder.
    The few time I`ve asked Google for a bicycle route, they`ve given me such stupid ideas that I never even bothered trying them. But in my area, it`s the opposite problem- in order to avoid a highway, which may actually be decent to good riding, they will route through miles of god forsaken sand traps or rocky mountain roads. Most of the directions say something like "slight left" or "bear right at intersection" with no road names given because they`re unnamed tracks through the middle of the wild west. Seriously, trying to following those instructions could kill somebody just as easily as could routing a cyclist onto a no-shoulder heavily trafficked road.
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Damn Rodar, I have the opposite issue here in Norway - summer finally arrived and it is B.E.A.utiful here. High twenties (Celsius), sunshine and light breezes with the odd light shower thrown in.

The down side? My kid is still pooping with astounding regularity and so cannot attend kindergarten so no bike commuting for me. No riding at all lately, really on account of my virus + allergies...

On the plus side I did get some new allergy pills to try and they do seem to be doing the trick... I'm also getting much better over all, so all we need is for the little one to get over her bug before the good weather goes away and we are golden.

What? It might happen...

mtbr member
    I was late this morning, so I brought my son to Kindergarten as well:
    How was your commute today?-dscn0296.jpg

From 140 kids, only three commute by bike and they all have the same Puky 20" bike in red and yellow. But my son is the only one having nice cork bartape, a custom made pannier (PVC so waterproof) and a reflective flag

After that I had a lovely ride into the office and back home today, pretty uneventful. Finally a day with nice temps, not too low, not too high, not too humid, simply NICE

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    ^^ THAT ROCKS!

Day 2 of my new work commute. 25 feet from my bedroom to the office. This working from home is going to take getting used to.

I did get our for a 55 mile ride yesterday and a 38 mile ride today, so there is that.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Nice pic, dutchman! My kid has a three wheel Puky - they really are very good quality.

We are on day 7 of the poopergate saga here in Norway.

Daiper changes this morning (before leaving for work) - 3
    Number of km cycled this week - 0

I'm loosing my mind over here! Time for the doctor, I think...

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by SlipSpace View Post
    Given up on the SS Roadie till the weekend, after my wheel slip issue I changed the spindle for a solid nutted version (diamond pattern on back of nuts) thinking all would be hunky dorey; still slips despite being torqued up to FT. I either need to get a tug or maybe scuff the frame up a little bit to give some grip to the nut I think
    Good news, back on the SS Roadie. Knocked up a chain tug from some scrap laying around at work. Bit on the hefty side! Had I realised I had the correct size tap it all could have been a bit shorter and I need to get some smaller cap heads, but seems to do the job. In all honesty it'll probably stay like that for the forseeable..

Oh, and despite the full compliment of sprockets it is technically an SS. Freewheel as opposed to cassette hinders removal.

Nice ride even though it was raining.

How was your commute today?-imag1109-small-.jpgHow was your commute today?-imag1110-small-.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I should label my morning commute today as Lawn Maintenance obstacle course day. Leaf blowers-Check! Weed Wackers-Check! Zero Turns-Check! They all wear ear protection on top of their already loud equipment, I don't mean to startle them, but I just don't think they're accustomed to seeing that many bike commuters. The commute started out very, very comfortable but that Florida humidity was in full force by the end. The morning commutes in, have not been that bad but the evening rides home are just a bear.

In other news, today was my first day commuting in "bibs". I get the no "crack" showing and no waistband digging in--but I still felt like a huge stuffed sausage.

I've already consumed 128 oz of water trying to ready myself for the evening ride home.

CB of the East
    Speaking of that Florida humidity, what ever happened to Texan-in-fla. He was supposed to be doing his trans Florida ride.

Good commute today. I've been pushing hard the last few days and was trying for an easy spin. I thought my wife agreed but she seemed to be pushing, so I drafted her. At least I got my rest(ish). Hot and humid this morning but it's supposed to dry up this afternoon.

mtbr member
    Weather turned here. Temp dropped from 37C on saturday to only 18C today with 20kt wind and regular showers. Will be the same the next days so will have to bring full rain gear again the next days, for just in case. Took the merino shirt out already again as well. Lots of debris from the thunderstorms around as well. A small twig was bumped up by my front wheel, hit the spokes and flew away. Will have to pay attention to that the next days. Hopefully the strong wind will blow most of it aside the next days.

Ghost htx, how old is your son? When mine was 1.5 yrs old, I think he was sick for almost 3 months again and again. Just changing between cold, flu, diarrhea and allergy. So 1 week is nothing. But I feel with you and hope your son gets better quickly.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Looks like I'll be getting rained on for the second time this week riding home. I've decided it's not worth wearing rain gear for the summer, I'd rather be drenched than wear stuffy clothes when it's hot outside.

I need to re-arrange my rear blinky situation, I've got a HotShot on the seatpost and a cheap Cateye blinky on my rack. Now I'm using a trunk bag that blocks the HotShot which is the brighter light, so I ordered the rack mount for the HotShot this morning. I could clip my Blackburn Central to the bag as well, the clip on that light seems really secure. It's not very directional so aiming isn't critical, which is the weak spot of the HotShot.

Rear lights shouldn't require this much planning...

Resident Texican
    My commute this morning was very nice. It was a bit windy on the way home (it's always a headwind, there's just no getting around it), but I got to try out a new toy on my bike. I picked up an Outdoor Tech Buckshot speaker (Outdoor Tech Buckshot Portable Speaker - REI.com) for my girlfriend last weekend and liked it so much that I got one for myself as well. It's nice to be able to listen to music on my rides now, since there's no way I'm going to put headphones in my ears while riding on the road. Another plus is that my ~6 mile commute only used 4% of my phones battery while listening to music the whole way.
    F@%K! Where the hell did that tree come from?!

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    shitty commute super windy was fighting it all the way to work then gotta ride tonight at midnight hopefully the wind calms down

I'd rather be on my bike
    No commute today but I did ride. Man o man did I ride. Did a B ride with the local group that my manager at work rides with. Wasn't sure what to expect. Almost took the fixed gear. Almost. So glad that I didn't. Group of about 10 people pulls out, with a couple on a tandem leading us out. Nice pace of 16-17 mph and everything was great!! Fresh air out on the country roads, mid 60's and it was overcast. Wake up. That was the warm up. Speed steadily increasing. I am with the lead pack. Cannot drop off or I will be done for the night. Wind was brutal out there and we stuck together, up and down the hills, and I kept up. First 20 miles in 1 hour, 1 second. I haven't ever gone that fast. Good thing I knocked back a Clif bar before we left. It's getting real out here. 21 miles in, about 3.5 or so to go. I dropped off. I had no choice. Could not keep that pace for that distance. The rest of the ride was solo and I could see at least one other guy who dropped off up ahead of me. Peanut butter GU in my jersey pocket. Good thing I had that because I needed it! Rolled into the parking lot before my manager and wasn't last, so I consider that a victory.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Today was commute #100 for the year for me. My original goal was to ride in at least 100 times this year, I guess I should have picked a harder goal.

Nice report TenSpeed. I've never ridden in a group before, do you feel like the group aerodynamics help you increase your average speed? I'm sure it must to some extent, but I have no idea how much it helps.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Quote Originally Posted by formula4speed View Post
    Today was commute #100 for the year for me. My original goal was to ride in at least 100 times this year, I guess I should have picked a harder goal.

Nice report TenSpeed. I've never ridden in a group before, do you feel like the group aerodynamics help you increase your average speed? I'm sure it must to some extent, but I have no idea how much it helps.
    Riding in the group at least out on country roads is a necessity. It did increase the speed because I was sucking so much wheel it wasn't funny. No way that I wanted to be left behind so I quickly realized that is what needed to be done.

weirdo
    Nice job on the chain tug, SlipSpace

Quote Originally Posted by formula4speed View Post
    Whoohoo!
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Good job formula4speed!

TenSpeed... does this mean that you're a... *gasp*... roadie now?

I got back on the bike today after 14 days off due to me / my wife / my kid being sick one after the other. We are all well now, to varying degrees. I have never been so happy to see solid dookie before

It was... interesting... The legs are still there but the airways are tender, sore and producing mucus like a motherf**ker. For a while it felt like someone had coated my trachea in tabasco...

Lost count of the number of snot rockets I let loose on the way in today. Now I am coughing like a 500 a day smoker. However...

Words cannot describe how much I needed that bike ride.

Oh, and my new china carbon commuter wheels are here! Just need to mount up the cassette, rotors, rim tape, tubes and tyres and I am good to roll (assuming they don't need too much fettling and adjustment and such...)

Today is a good day! (so far)

mtbr member
    Glad you're all on the mend Ghost, and you're back on the bike. Nothing like a good ride to clear the tubes!

Good ride home yesterday despite the headwind. Then the front brake cable let go, the ferrule on the lever end detached from the cable. Just using the rear caliper is scary. My inability to slow down caused me to slow down. so was later home than expected.

No spare cable with the right end so back on the Trek this morning. Great ride in though, lovely sunny 17C.

mtbr member
    Finally a bit of nice weather!

I've been taking long ways to work and exploring a township to the east that I haven't spent a ton of time in.

Found a sweet new bike on one of the trails

And this cool spot in a park I'm not sure I was supposed to be riding in

Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

Ride Everything
    Terrible, just terrible.

GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    First ride in maybe 2 months and not 2 miles from my house some old guy does a close pass and then pulls over to yell at me when I shake my fist and then flip him off. Tried to insist I should be in the shoulder and then just started ranting about cyclists not stopping at stop signs and learn the laws and the usual.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Annoying (and expensive) commutes the last few days/week. Glad the week is over.

Was riding my 29er for the last month or so, and due to some tubeless setup issues (mentioned last week) I had to buy new tires front and back, tape and milk - all was fine for a few days, but yesterday the seat post connection to the saddle failed (I was always a bit non-trusting of this) - leaving the saddle hanging off. I ended up adding a new Bontrager (my fav) saddle and having a Raceface seatpost overnighted to me. KEEEEERRRRChing - not a nice bill for the week.

Clearly as I had neglected my ever faithful the Slash for a month or so - it decided to get it's revenge yesterday and develop brake issues (Shimano Zee's only installed for about 5 months). No power or bite unless they were wet! When dry they were worse than v-brakes. Not fun.

Rather than try new pads first (doh) I decided to pick up a bleed kit and bleed them at work today. Didn't seem to be any air in the lines, which got me thinking that the pads were somehow glazed. Pondering the point, I lost concentration and the syringe of fluid came off the bleed nipple and sprayed the rear rotor, caliper and pads. :grrrrrrrr:

Trip to the bike shop on the way home to have the job done right, re-bleed front and back, rotor clean and new pads The owner of my LBS (I have seen him about 5 times this week!) said that he sees the issue a lot on gravity bikes as the conditions here are dry and dusty, so in the summer, very hard riding and braking on the local DH tracks glazes pads all the time... Oh well.

At least next week is my last before a month vacation!
    2016 Cube Cross Race SL
    2016 Scott Voltage FR 730
    2016 Radon Slide 130 10.0 HD (29er)
    2014 Scott Aspect 740 (650b)

mtbr member
    Lots of wind today and yesterday: 25kts with gusts up to 35kts made for an exciting ride, especially when the wind was coming sideways. And: no flat for an entire week! "Duck"tape rulez

29er and 26er
    Mar 2012
    Took the single speed. Wind was in my face the entire way. At least I *should* have an easy ride home unless the wind switches directions....

mtbr member
    Five rides on the fixie this week:

No particular reason for that, except that my wife's been out of town so I have to head straight home to the dog, and even if I had time for extra-curricular trail rides the weather's been pretty warm - a lowly 93F yesterday, but that's pretty close to the highest temperature ever recorded here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Sweet bike newfangled.

What tires are you running on that thing? (Nevermind, those are Big Apples, duh).

mtbr member
    ^ yup, BAs. They're getting long-in-the-tooth though (I just pealed the reflective stripe off of them a few weeks ago since it was barely holding on). As a replacement I'd love to get a gumwall/skinwall version, but surprisingly no one makes anything like that. And I think the white BAs would just annoy me since they'd always be dirty.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    My ride home was lovely. I felt like I was breathing in chilli powder for the most of it. Oh, and I was coughing up crap all day too...

Plus side? My China carbon commuting wheels are built up and fitted
    26x25mm from Carbonzone with Schwalbe Kojak 26x1.35 tyres. My Ghost now looks like some sort of kids bike with monster clearences... Im now pondering if 650b wheels wouldnt have made more sense if I was thinking of using skinny rubber... Shaved off 700g from my bike, though.

mtbr member
    Riding in the group at least out on country roads is a necessity.
    I assume you mean to keep up it was a necessity. I ride all the time on country roads with no peloton.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCuse View Post
    Found a sweet new bike on one of the trails

A modern art masterpiece. Mount to a suitable piece of plywood with paint treatment of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanath View Post
    First ride in maybe 2 months and not 2 miles from my house some old guy does a close pass and then pulls over to yell at me when I shake my fist and then flip him off. Tried to insist I should be in the shoulder and then just started ranting about cyclists not stopping at stop signs and learn the laws and the usual.
    Sounds like the time to pull out the cell phone to record the rant.

Quote Originally Posted by newfangled View Post
    Five rides on the fixie this week:

... the weather's been pretty warm - a lowly 93F yesterday, but that's pretty close to the highest temperature ever recorded here.
    So that's why you are cooling off the rear BA in the drink? When you're hot, you're hot!

Moderator Moderator
    Reinstating my Freedom Friday trailriding tradition from last year, took a few hours off (and drove in) to take advantage of the $15 lift riding 3-7pm Fridays at Burke Mtn by Kingdom Trails. I'm not a downhiller really, I stick to the easy stuff, but it sure is fun to go downhill without pedaling up occasionally.

I literally paid for my freedom though - since I did not replace my boss for a full 40 hours this week, I will not get the bonus "acting capacity" pay that was proffered when she left on vacation. Oh well, I would rather have a life than a dollar.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Solid ride in today. Solid ride home. Took the only fixed gear I own. Sold the grey TK3 to a friend and now I am down to 3, which is where I will stay. Fat, fixed and road and I am all set. Felt amazing to be out on the fixed gear which I really love. The connection to the bike and the road cannot be matched. That road bike has a really nice ride, but it feels different and since I am still dialing in the cockpit, decided to ride without coasting.

mtbr member
    The annual 4-H fair is on and the first day without a large rain chance. So my main route either way out of my subdivision has increased traffic. Too many of the drivers appear to have had lobotomies. Discretion is the better part of valor.

So it was explore the county roads south of home to avoid being roadkill. They may be paved, but they scream for a gravel bike or a heavy cross bike (room for 45 mm tires). 28 mm at 95 pounds was not ideal. Some surfaces kept me checking the rear to see if it was flat or not. Some were activating my hand vibration sensitivity in spite of two layers of padded bar tape and padded bike gloves. I picked up 3-4 mph on the repaved and smoother sections! Good thing my butt had had enough mileage, or this would have been a painful experience on that end, too.

Anyway, this was a therapy ride. Tuesday I pulled both hamstrings sprinting for the car in a downpour, tripping or slipping and heroically avoiding a face plant/broken arm/clavicle/wrist by yanking my legs forward and back under my CoG. The left leg was fine by Wednesday afternoon, but the left one was still screaming at me, so I figured a ride might be the right therapy. First time I have had to use the granny locally without a high headwind sweeping down the steepest hills. It screamed to lift me out of the saddle, but knocked that crap off about a half hour in, and the leg loosened up so I sped up a lot.

Amazing, I never exceeded a pulse rate of 120, And I saw 23 mph with the wind behind me and I was not pushing at all (if I was the pulse would be up in the 150-160 range.

Still learning about cycling, after all these years. I also need to set up my FD again. shifting up and down from the granny is not right.

BrianMc

I'd rather be on my bike
    Ride in was great and warm with the sun peeking out from the clouds. Ride home was good. I stopped for a few needed items at the store. Loving this OnGuard lock that I bought at the LBS. Perfect for my bag and for a lock up at a well lit and big traffic 24 hour store. Ride home after that got hairy. My front light died on me. I thought I had charged it but I guess I didn't. I was about 2 miles from home luckily and the streets were deserted for the most part. For some reason I threw my Serfas Thunderbolt on the rear today for a change of pace and luckily it was lighting up so much on the sides that I think the few cars that were oncoming actually saw me. I feel pretty dumb for letting that slip and not having a backup light in my bag. I usually keep a set of Thunderbolts in there just in case. I forgot the front one. That won't happen again.

mtbr member
    Made a 4 X video of the first half of the county roads I rode today (the camera ran out of memory). Still it is longish and mostly me riding toward the vanishing point. You can tell the grades by my changes in speed. The camera flattens out the view.

https://youtu.be/CPMEqZQiY_8

Moderator Moderator
    ^^Looks like some nice country roads, BrianMc, although I see there were some obstacles as well.

TenSpeed, I know that sinking feeling when a headlight dies, glad you made it home OK.

Yesterday while driving I saw what looked to be a bike crash on a super sharp corner at a bridge, although I didn't see a bike. The ambulance was already there and the guy was sitting up but had an arm slinged and some other bandages. A couple cars were pulled over, but I'm hoping those were the guys doing impromptu traffic control over what had become a 1 lane bridge, rather than involved in the crash. It was also 50 yards from a bike shop, so perhaps someone had already taken the bike there for safekeeping.

mtbr member
    Glad you liked the video, mtbxplorer! I debated whether it would be of interest but it does show how mountain-less it is here! At 4 X the speed a Honda Civic flies by at a perceived speed of >250 mph! If you get one of those behind you to pass on a grade with one approaching it is not going to be pretty! There was a Jeep that passed me going >60 maybe 70 who did not slow a whit passing me, though he did not stint the space much. He then proceeded down the middle of the road only to then have a pickup pull out of a farm lane (without stopping) coming towards him and he had to slow and get over in a big hurry. So the idiots were not all at the fair!

There is a guilty sort of "glad it wasn't me" aspect to coming on such an accident. After witnessing one, walking away from a bike accident is as good as it gets, though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Well, I tried out my new CCCCWs (Cheap Chinese Carbon Commuter Wheels) today.
    As my first ride on skinnies (35mm Scwalbe Kojaks) I must admit that it felt strange. Very twitchy and snappy. I liked it... Pedalling is a lot lighter and it feels like the bike accelerates more cleanly and easily than before.

Just FYI - here's a pic...

How was your commute today?-wp_20150713_001.jpg

Just need to get my lungs back and then I can see how much quicker they actually make the commute...