Page 352 of 421 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402 ... LastLast
Results 17,551 to 17,600 of 21009
    I'd rather be on my bike
    Great commute today all the way around. Courteous drivers, no pedestrian issues, even passed a few cyclists on my way in. The ride home was absolutely gorgeous out, 72F and humid. Buddy of mine asked me to go check on his bike so I made my way over to the road to get to his bike, and I feel a presence near me. Look over as I am riding in the bike lane, cruising along 17mph or so, and this guy is on a motorized fat bike, in the lane just pacing me. He starts to pass me, and I pretty much said hell no, and dropped the hammer on him. Sorry guy on that fat bike, but you had to get going behind me.

Did some extra miles after checking on my buddies bike for him. Didn't really want to come home since it was so nice out. Actually rode by my apartment and did another loop that added some extra miles to my total. Lots of rabbits on the MUP, must have seen 10 of them or so. They are suicidal because they dart out and see how close they can come to my wheels. Always on my toes on the MUP at night for this reason.
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.
    2015 miles: 5019/5000
    2016 miles: 3262/6000

NDD
    Baby boy
    Well, it's a change of pace for me from now on. Over the past few weeks I've not been riding nearly as much as I'd like because I've been working and packing and getting ready for my new job. Now I'm up in Indiana for my new job that starts tomorrow and I only have a bike, so suck on that having to drive almost everywhere for about a month. Gawd that was so lame.

Granted, I only live about a mile from work, but after work there's the beach and hiking trails, because I also live a mile away from the state park, so I'm not at a shortage of places to bike to.

Today's experience: exploring. Unfortunately I can get most places except to the only large grocery store around on a bike pretty easily. That said, it's about 4 miles, so I might bike a little bit and just walk on the sidewalk the rest of the way. I have a big backpacking pack I can use to haul stuff (I have no clue what that would be like to bike with). They have quite a few bike trails around here. The paved ones are nice and minimalist and but they have big bridges that go over the highway that (for whatever reason) make you go up a ramp with turns and then over and then down another ramp with turns, which really slows things down. The unpaved gravel trail closest to my house is pretty much completely under water right now. Rode part of it anyway, which was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

The only part about my commute that I'm worried about right now is the 300-400 feet of rural highway that I have to take initially. There are no shoulders and at times it is very busy with big trucks. But it's only 300 ft, so... we'll see. Shouldn't be too bad.

It should be a good experience, because the next two months the only way I have to get around is to take the singlespeed or walk. I'm excited, though I regret not taking the mountain bike.

Edit: Sorry, I know it's not really a commute, but I'm excited and I might be posting more again.
    i am basically just an organic pattern recognition algorithm

mtbr member
    ^^ Welcome to Indiana. No sidewalk on that rural highway, I bet. Time of day may be critical to safety.

Had a great ride today. About 14-15 mph slightly downhill. Back at 18.5 to 22.5 slightly uphill. Saw 34.5 on a descent (no wind with me, so this is great!) and was about halfway to the next rise hoping to roller coaster it as I was still over 30 when the rear went flat. Elected not to change the tube and just take a half mile walk home through the Golf Course.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Very warm today and that damn headwind kept me company the whole way in. Took my TK3 today since I haven't been giving it any love, and it needs love. The last time I rode it is when I crashed. Bar tape is jacked as well as the bar end caps. Needs a rewrap in a bad way after finally getting my TK2 wrapped properly. Ride home was alright, got honked at from a car behind me. Not sure what the deal was. They had a whole other lane to pass me in. They turned shortly after the honk. Might have been someone I know?

Riding this week will be hit or miss. Big chance for severe weather across the state Monday so I am just going to drive. Not sure about Tuesday or later in the week.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Today kinda sucked. Humid, warm, heavy, grey, drizzly, thundery weather. It really saps my will to bike when it's like this. Plus it seems that my hay-fever is playing up too - coughing, blocking up, itchy eyes & ears... The ride in this morning was not all that much fun... And of course the anti-histamine I get from the doctor works like a dream on all of the symptoms except that it leaves me super lethargic (so much so the wife has "banned" me from taking them)...

Ordered my carbon wheel set on Friday, though! Just need to pick up a Shimano XT 10 speed cassette, a pair of 180mm 6 bolt rotors and a couple of tubes and I am ready to roll!

I'd rather be on my bike
    Todays commute has definitely been cancelled. Spoke with a co-worker who is an amateur meteorologist. He said drive today.

From the NOAA:

AN ENHANCED RISK FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS EXISTS THIS AFTERNOON
    THROUGH THE EVENING FOR SOUTHWEST LOWER MICHIGAN. THERE IS AN
    INCREASED RISK FOR SIGNIFICANT SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WHICH WOULD
    LEAD TO HIGHER IMPACTS.

SEVERAL ROUNDS OF THUNDERSTORMS LOOK LIKELY. THIS FIRST ARRIVES
    DURING THE EARLY TO MIDDLE PART OF THE AFTERNOON WITH THE SECOND
    ROUND OF STORMS EXPECTED IN THE EVENING.

THE PRIMARY RISKS WILL BE DAMAGING WINDS...LARGE HAIL WITH AN
    ISOLATED TORNADO POSSIBLE. AN INCREASED POTENTIAL FOR WIDESPREAD
    DAMAGING WINDS IS FORECASTED. FREQUENT LIGHTNING AND LOCALLY HEAVY
    RAIN ARE EXPECTED. THE PRIMARY STORM MOTION WILL BE EAST WITH
    SPEEDS OVER 50 MPH POSSIBLE.

CB of the East
    ^^*****! (Edit: that was slang word for cat, I was using it to imply being timid, I was not using it as a slang word for a part of a woman's body It's OK because I was just being an ***hole)

JK, I ride when we have T-storm warnings but we don't get those mid-west, tornado spawning ones. And if I see a bad one on the radar I just wait at work for 1/2 hour until it passes.

I was up around 5:00 and it was POURING! Went back to bed until 6:30 and it was a nice dry ride in. I still opted for the fendered bike since there were still lots of puddles.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Just another boring, sunny 75 degree day on tap here.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bedwards1000 View Post
    ^^*****! (Edit: that was slang word for cat, I was using it to imply being timid, I was not using it as a slang word for a part of a woman's body It's OK because I was just being an ***hole)

JK, I ride when we have T-storm warnings but we don't get those mid-west, tornado spawning ones. And if I see a bad one on the radar I just wait at work for 1/2 hour until it passes.

I was up around 5:00 and it was POURING! Went back to bed until 6:30 and it was a nice dry ride in. I still opted for the fendered bike since there were still lots of puddles.
    Normally I would agree with you, however, the first line of storms is currently bigger than the entire state of Michigan. There are more to follow. The conditions here are perfect right now for this storm apparently.

CB of the East
    ^^Oh Yeah, it might be a while to wait that one out!!

No one calls me Maurice.
    Awesome ride today. Headwinds, warm and humid (at 0620), ugh. Thankfully, the winds are shifting so I'll get headwinds, hot and humid for the ride home. On the plus side, the new tires on my fargo (Bruce Gordon Rock 'n Roads) are close to perfect for commuting and gravel riding. Always a silver lining.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

mtbr member
    Nice ride this morning - light headwinds but nice temps and dry. On the way home it was raining all the time, but I had all of my raingear on, so I actually liked it :8

Yesterday I participated in the Sternfahrt here in Hamburg. This is an organised tour, similar to a critical mass. Just that the tour starts at several points around town and all routes lead to the city center. On the map, the routes form a star, that is why they call it "star ride". Officials stated that they had approx. 30,000 participants.

waiting for people on two other routes to join us for the rest of the ride
    How was your commute today?-dscn0024.jpg

start of the ride from the south
    How was your commute today?-dscn0027.jpg

Then onto the largest bridge of Hamburg (~400ft high)
    How was your commute today?-dscn0058.jpg

And then, on the Autobahn!!
    How was your commute today?-dscn0121.jpg

My son during a short break before an motorway junction, waiting for the other highway to be closed by the police:
    How was your commute today?-dscn0095.jpg

Cyclingdutchman with dutch truck & flag in the background:
    How was your commute today?-dscn0136.jpg

Needless to say, I enjoyed the ride a lot, although it was only 20miles at a slow pace. Looking forward to next year!

Mantis, Paramount, Campy
    Quote Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
    The conditions here are perfect right now for this storm apparently.

Pssshhh.
    I was road racing in Milwaukee when those red/purple bands were rolling through.
    You could commute

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Another warm and humid day.

Today marks 2 months since I have driven to work, pretty happy about that. Also it's bike commute number 88 for the year so far, my original goal was to hit 100 for the year, so I'm way ahead in that regard.

Having a dedicated "all weather" commuter has helped a lot.

NDD
    Baby boy
    On a one and a half mile commute:

Pro- not too sweaty, can easily forget something and turn back, can walk if mechanical problems, can race home before bad weather, how bad is riding in bad weather for less than ten minutes?

Con- not too sweaty, not enough miles, still sucks to ride on 300 ft of rural highway. Not enough miles.

Killer winds on the way back, but somehow in my favor. Coasting at 30 mph on a very slight decline. I was going the speed limit.

NDD
    Baby boy
    Wasn't it Vegascruiser who had a 4 mile commute? Just remembered that. Well I've got him beat right now. Should I be IndianaSnoozer for the next two months?
    i am basically just an organic pattern recognition algorithm

Moderator Moderator
    Raining this morning, giving me motivation to change the flat on the fendered cross bike, instead of BMX'g it as lazily planned. The previous self sticky patch had failed. Only wet roads by the time I left, and steamy by the arrival at work. Thankful for my kleenkanteen of iced coffee and an ice machine at work. 79F on the way home 6 p.m. Must take a swim soon, I have not been in yet.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Very very very glad that I did not ride. Left for work a bit early in the car when the skies opened up. Lots of wind, lightning and thunder of course. Tornado warnings went up to the west of us. The storm hit and pretty much died down. Supposed to be a second wave. Not much materialized until now. The drive home was in torrential downpour on flooded streets. Several cloud to ground lightning strikes near me and the wind was just blasting through. Not a chance in hell I could have, would have, or would have been allowed to ride home. No coworker would have let me take off on two wheels. No sense in inconveniencing someone to take me home so the decision to drive was wise. Skies should be all set for riding in tomorrow, lets just hope that the MUP doesn't flood. There are a few low level areas near my apartment.

weirdo
    It`s starting to get hot here, had the first few afternoons of this year to edge beyond the comfort range. And it looks like our fire season has now started in my neck of the woods. The wet spring we enjoyed kept the blazes away for a while, but it finally dried out and we had the first fire start Saturday about 30 miles south of Carson City, up to nearly 10,000 acres as of the last report I read.

(Edit: that was slang word for cat, I was using it to imply being timid, I was not using it as a slang word for a part of a woman's body It's OK because I was just being an ***hole)

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingdutchman View Post
    And then, on the Autobahn!!
    Cool! Did anybody hit 200KPM? 30,000 participants is a VERY impressive turnout for a cycling event. For any event, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    Raining this morning, giving me motivation to change the flat on the fendered cross bike, instead of BMX'g it as lazily planned.
    It`s amazing how much water those little 20'' wheels can sling. I`m not surprised about the self adhesive patches- I carry them on my bike for emergencies (ever since I used up all my tubes on a ride and had to bum patches from a passing rider), and have stuck them to a few tubes from time to time, but they don`t seem to last.
    Recalculating....

NDD
    Baby boy
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMc View Post
    ^^ Welcome to Indiana.
    So are people here just nicer than other places? I haven't met anyone who's a total d**k and car drivers seem to not be up in my business. Maybe the St. Louis area is just jacked up.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    I'm suffering through another sunny, 75 degree day here in the Seattle area

Last week of bike commuting for me. Next week I start walking down the hallway to my home office. Need to establish a new routine.

mtbr member
    Splendid commute this AM after a few days off from commuting. Legs felt a bit tired after yesterday's trail run and Sprockidz coaching night, but all in all a good time.

Starting to love the Pugs again. Had a great couple of rides over the weekend with the boy and was reminded of all the good things about the Pugs and about steel. First and foremost being able to ride for three hours and not have my back be in such a state that I cannot walk the next day as happened on the Farley. The harshness of aluminum is real. Steal is real - real comfortable for me. I don't know that I'll ever go back to aluminum unless it is full sus. My back just can't take it.

Looks to be some beautiful weather shaping up around here today. It's been cool and overcast for the past three days, but right now it is bluebird skies and we are on our way to 78F. Can't wait.

I'd rather be on my bike
    What a difference here. Currently 69F and sunny. Looking outside you would never know all hell broke loose here last night. Everything should be dry for the ride in and I am looking forward to it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post

Cool! Did anybody hit 200KPM? 30,000 participants is a VERY impressive turnout for a cycling event. For any event, for that matter.
    Well I wanted to, but the police allowed me only 20 kph at the time. Last week I had to make a long drive, I shortly hit 190 kph there, but the RPM Meter was also approaching the red line :8 So I decided not to torture my old Toyota any longer (might need it some day....) and drove around 80 mph where possible.

The police said there were in total about 16,000 cyclists, but for me, that is still a lot.

Quite wet this morning, rode in the rain for the entire ride. I'm glad that I have my own place to hang up wet clothes etc. I even saw several roe deers and even a boarhead sticking out above the grass. I think because it was quite early this morning, left home at 06.30am.
    Nice and sunny ride home today. Tailwind at first, from the right later but everything ok. At home I noticed that my taillight was not working again, I fixed it for now by wrapping the copper cable directly around the plug at the light, but will need to get new cable shoes and plugs this week to fix it decently.

guy
    We got the same storms that rolled through TenSpeed's area last night. First downpour hit just as I was leaving work yesterday and then all was calm until about 3AM when all hell broke loose. I'm usually a very sound sleeper but I was up as were my wife and dog at 3 because it was like a damn special effects show outside with nearly constant lightening and thunder and more rain than I have ever seen. Was woken up again by wave 3 at 4:30 and wave 4 at 5:30. Needless to say, I ended up oversleeping this morning when I finally fell back asleep, and opted to drive because I was running late. I found out this morning that we are one of the lucky few in my neighborhood to have a dry basement. Even I-90 was flooded for the morning commute.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    So are people here just nicer than other places? I haven't met anyone who's a total d**k and car drivers seem to not be up in my business. Maybe the St. Louis area is just jacked up.
    Depends. Meth has made too many less than polite here. I am also a decent size, older, and white so get respect. This is the whitest county (I think) in one of the whitest states. I would hope that most would be as nice to all, but I have met some here who remind me by their actions and statements that the KKK was once strong here. Smoky diesel pickups being rude could be a lot less frequent, I think. Overall, not too bad except for idiots who top blind hills in the middle of the road, cut blind corners like they are in NASCAR. Likely they will wave Hi as they do it though!

NDD
    Baby boy
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMc View Post
    Depends. Meth has made too many less than polite here. I am also a decent size, older, and white so get respect. This is the whitest county (I think) in one of the whitest states. I would hope that most would be as nice to all, but I have met some here who remind me by their actions and statements that the KKK was once strong here. Smoky diesel pickups being rude could be a lot less frequent, I think. Overall, not too bad except for idiots who top blind hills in the middle of the road, cut blind corners like they are in NASCAR. Likely they will wave Hi as they do it though!
    Well that's nothing compared to the STL metro area. In surrounding areas the KKK is apparently still active. As long as they wave Hi as they hit me, that's better than getting called names. I'm in Porter county. People seem pretty mellow and they're actually building lots of bike infrastructure.

NDD
    Baby boy
    That moment when you realize you locked both your key and your bike helmet on your workplace...

Moderator Moderator
    ^^Uh,oh, hope you got it sorted!

It`s amazing how much water those little 20'' wheels can sling. I`m not surprised about the self adhesive patches- I carry them on my bike for emergencies (ever since I used up all my tubes on a ride and had to bum patches from a passing rider), and have stuck them to a few tubes from time to time, but they don`t seem to last.
    That's 24" wheels, rodar ...it's a BMX cruiser, a little easier on the knees, I think the old folks race on them. I really dislike being wasteful, but I am losing my patience with patches...I just don't get that many flats, so a new tube changeout seems worth it, especially in bad weather. I guess I should try the "real" patches again.

Had to drive today and while out on the road picked up an itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-shiny-MTBchainringy! 26 tooth for my 1x11 trail bike. Looking forward to trying it out if the trails ever dry out.

mtbr member
    After being caught in the rain a few times recently decided to bail on my commute yesterday and do a quick road ride before driving to work. Turned out to be the right choice, we got some pretty fierce thunderstorms starting right at 5. This cleared out the humidity for a beautiful ride in this morning. Made a few wrong turns on purpose, was rewarded when I came to a park I hadn't been to that has some nice white gravel walking/biking paths. Even got to take the nice bike.

Turns out everyone was out enjoying the weather. Spooked these deer on the way through, couldn't get my camera out in time to get them crossing the trail but did catch them running through the baseball field as I rode past.

Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

Ride Everything
    Bike To Work Day here in Colorado, and saw dozens of new faces on the roads and trails. Hopefully some of them will keep it up when the free breakfast and swag is gone. That said, I couldn't say no to a breakfast burrito.

GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Huge change in the weather here in the Seattle area today. Instead of sunny and 75 it's going to be sunny and 78. I hope I'll be OK for the ride home tonight.

CB of the East
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    ...I guess I should try the "real" patches again.
    Only the "real" patches last. The stickers work long enough to get you home. I avoid them. I've got tubes with a half a dozen glue type patches. New tube in the rain for sure and patch it when you get home. Actually, new tube for any roadside repair and only patch on the road if you get more than 1 flat.

I'm going for my workday century today. 100 mile ride with a 9 hour rest stop and some programming in the middle. I started at 4:30 this AM and got 58 miles in through 11 towns. I'll see if I can pick up at least 9 more for an even 20 on the way home.
    How was your commute today?-lake.jpg

mtbr member
    Decent ride in this AM. Had to swap out pedals as my Egg Beaters blew up on me last night. Bearing on the right side completely shelled out. The spindle is still good, so I think I'll try to get a rebuild kit instead of all new pedals.

Should be a fun time tonight. Sprockidz is meeting at a a different location to do some single track, flow trail, skills trail, and pump track riding. Good times.

weirdo
    Only the "real" patches last. The stickers work long enough to get you home. I avoid them. I've got tubes with a half a dozen glue type patches. New tube in the rain for sure and patch it when you get home. Actually, new tube for any roadside repair and only patch on the road if you get more than 1 flat.
    `xactly.
    Good luck with part II of the 20 town century commute. You sure come up with some interresting challenges for yourself!

I saw this "funny" on the net recently, though you guys might appreciate it:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How was your commute today?-cellphonesticker.png  

Recalculating....

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    ^ Very nice. Drivers around here don't follow instructions well though, might confuse the order.

An excellent ride today. Rabbits and groundhogs everywhere, but none running in front of me. The 1x10 setup got me moving a little faster, or at least feeling faster. Paid some penalty on the last hill.

CB of the East
    `xactly.
    Good luck with part II of the 20 town century commute. You sure come up with some interresting challenges for yourself!
    Challenge complete. I only ended up with 19 unique towns. Full Details Here:
    The Candid Cyclist: Workday Century

My legs were surprisingly perky this morning considering how dead they were last night.

mtbr member
    Passed a police officer who was randomly standing on one of the bridges this morning, which was weird, but I didn't think too much of it. But apparently there's a black bear wandering around the University area, which is a little unusual.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Got out the door a little late. Rode about 1.5 miles where I cross a railroad and there is a train stopped on the tracks. Had to backtrack all the way home to get around it. It's hard to make up time on the single speed. At least it's nice outside.

mtbr member
    A decent ride in this AM after a hellava bike day yesterday. Just niggling problem after niggling problem. Started on Tuesday when the bearings on my egg beaters blew up. So yesterday I get the rebuild kit and head home early, knowing I'll need to leave my house by 5 to get to Sprockidz in time. I rebuild the pedals, but have some issues with the dust caps. Can't get them to screw on. So they strip out and the pedal body on both sides is moving all over the place. I run to the bike shop and they don't have any Crankbrother pedals at all, nor any caps in the parts bin. I was lucky in that I was able to borrow a pair of SPDs from a fellow coach who was in the shop at the same time. Get to the bike park, swap pedals and cleats and am good to go. Nope, the seat post has slipped down again. Adjust that and ride. First group of kids out on the single track and I notice my brakes feel weird. Take a look and the caliper mount bolts are loose. Really? Tighten those up and ride on. Hit the flow trail and the first jump - feet come out of the pedals mid-air and I hit the saddle hard.

Writing it down, it looks really lame, but yesterday it felt like the bike gods were toying with me.

Looks like June is going to be a light month for miles. The running I've been doing has cut into some of my extra-curricular riding. I'm only at 402.88 for the month as of this morning. I'm really going to have to up my game if I think I'm going to hit 8K total miles for the year given that I'm only at 2626.13 for the year and we're half over.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    rode across a sidewalk in a busy intersection right in front of a cop though illegal seems to be allowed...certainly the safer option at this intersection for cars bikers and peds.

I'd rather be on my bike
    3 hours ago my commute wasn't going to happen. It has since dried up and is clearing up. Temps in the upper 60's. Is this really nearing the end of June?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newfangled View Post
    Passed a police officer who was randomly standing on one of the bridges this morning, which was weird, but I didn't think too much of it. But apparently there's a black bear wandering around the University area, which is a little unusual.
    Maybe it was this guy. A CB slang bear? As in Smokey, as in police officer? Maybe he was looking for some Bear Necessities.

Quote Originally Posted by blockphi View Post
    A decent ride in this AM after a hellava bike day yesterday. Just niggling problem after niggling problem.
    My momma done tol' me there'd be days lik'at. Didn't mention how dang many they'd be, though! Staying with the above theme: Some days the bear gets you.

Moderator Moderator
    Well I didn't ride 100 miles today, but other than that it was mostly good. I considered taking that demo solar e-cargo bike home, but was not sure it would make it up my hill, and didn't want to push (pedaling that beast up the hill would be out of the question), and I also wanted to use real pedal power tomorrow. Had a nice joyride on it though, it was definitely the fastest I've gotten up the hill to work on a bike. Weirdly, when I put it back and got on my own bike, it felt powered somehow, like a mental imprint from the e-bike.

Near the end of my ride home I was buzzed and yelled at by a pickup from a small local company. I really hope it wasn't my neighbor who drives such a truck - and whose shepherd I returned after finding him out on the snowmo trails while walking my dog a month or so ago...the truck with 3 guys pulled into Domino's, but I opted not to engage.

mtbr member
    Tried to do a metric century commute in honor of bedwards, rain limited me to 58 miles though. Most I've ridden my road bike in a while, felt good now that i got a longer stem.

Still a good day, though I had to jury rig some rain protection after the forecast changed from the morning.

How was your commute today?-uploadfromtaptalk1435283249718.jpg
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Boring. Had a few sprinkles on the way in but it was pretty nice out. Ride home was pretty fast.

mtbr member
    Was ok but the rear wheel sliped in the dropouts so the tyre hit the stay for some reason. I know folk say single speed and quick release is a nono but it's worked well thus far. Hopefully be ok for the return leg.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Can you get it tight enough with the QR in the dropouts?

Mantis, Paramount, Campy
    Quote Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
    Can you get it tight enough with the QR in the dropouts?
    Yes. A real (Shimano, Campy, Suntour...) quick release skewer can be tightened enough to crush the hub bearings. No worries about slipping there.

CB of the East
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexCuse View Post
    Tried to do a metric century commute in honor of bedwards, rain limited me to 58 miles though. Most I've ridden my road bike in a while, felt good now that i got a longer stem.

Still a good day, though I had to jury rig some rain protection after the forecast changed from the morning.
    I feel honored My ride was in extremely pleasant weather. Much like today's. I'm riding the old steel steed for a classic Friday Commute. TGIF!