Page 351 of 429 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361401 ... LastLast
Results 17,501 to 17,550 of 21416
    mtbr member
    Good rides yesterday and this morning. Ended up taking two of the kids for a trail run when I got home as well.

Starting to get the Pugs dialed back in. It's always hard moving from one bike to another for me. I have to have it set up just right to feel comfortable.

Right now I am torn between picking up a used 9er wheelset and a front fork or just getting some 26X3 Knards for summer use with the Large Marge wheelset. The 9er set would be nice to have so that I could run studs on icy days in the winter, but it is a non-offset, 100MM spaced front, so I wouldn't be able to just swap out wheels, but would have to swap out the front fork as well. And I have a suspicion that fat studs will get a bit cheaper this year as there are more companies with them now. We'll see.

Busy weekend shaping up. My oldest has her first triathalon on Saturday and my son is probably running a 5K on Sunday. I need to get some trail time in over the weekend as well. Additionally, I have to get my son's bike tuned up a bit. Busy, busy.

I'd rather be on my bike
    No ride for me today unfortunately.

510 AM EDT FRI JUN 12 2015

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR PORTIONS OF SOUTHWEST LOWER
    MICHIGAN.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL THIS MORNING MAY LEAD TO PONDING OF WATER IN
    POOR DRAINAGE AREAS AND RISES ON SMALLER CREEKS AND STREAMS.

A SLIGHT RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WITH DAMAGING WINDS AND LARGE
    HAIL EXISTS TODAY BETWEEN 11 AM AND 5 PM SOUTH OF A LINE FROM
    KALAMAZOO TO LANSING.
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.
    2015 miles: 5019/5000
    2016 miles: 4035/6000

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    It's kind of hot here. 70s in the mornings, 90s in the evenings. I actually saw another guy riding the bike lane yesterday, which is rare. I have been riding my SS every day now like I used to before my back got screwed up. My commute is quite a bit faster on the SS, and I felt gears were making me weak. This morning, I tried to see how little I could stand on my ride in. I did pretty well, and it felt great to keep really good speed up all the hills I would normally have to stand on.

mtbr member
    Same rides as yesterday, nothing new. Somebody put a big pile of horsepoop in the middle of the bikelane, plenty of room to move around it though. Saw baby ducks and swans this morning, but I had forgotten to put an SD card in the camera, so no pics. Temps were in the high 70's on the way home. And that makes 5 days cycling for this week again, I am improving on that.

Moderator Moderator
    Lucked out on the BMX today, dry both ways, and had fun doing it. Around here, if you did not ride every time there was a chance of rain or even thunderstorms/heavy rain like today's forecast, you would not be riding much during warm weather.

There is one annoying area on rte 302 that has been wet even on dry days, apparently due to a blocked or deteriorated culvert. SO far the only evident work over the last couple weeks has been the placement of a HIGH WATER sign.

weirdo
    No work today, so no commute. I have a lousy record for the week. I went to a buffet Mon evening, didn`t feel like riding an hour later, so I drove. Rode Tues, raining hard Wed so I drove (I don`t want to ride in the rain any more), sinus issues and headache last night, so I drove again. Today I still feel like crap. My wife and I were going to do a desert camping trip to a state park about 3 hours away, but I downgraded that to a day trip for tomorrow- can`t bring our sofa in the car, and I can`t sleep lying down or I back up with phlegm almost instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingdutchman View Post
    Somebody put a big pile of horsepoop in the middle of the bikelane, plenty of room to move around it though...

...but I had forgotten to put an SD card in the camera, so no pics.
    Aw, man! The poop would have been a nice addition to the Roadside Treasures thread!
    Recalculating....

mtbr member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    Aw, man! The poop would have been a nice addition to the Roadside Treasures thread!
    Mabe it is still there on monday despite the thunderstorms that came through today. Do you want me to post a closeup of the remains? :8
    Last edited by cyclingdutchman; 06-14-2015 at 07:28 AM.

I'd rather be on my bike
    No commute today, just a fun ride with some people to get ice cream for someones birthday. I ended up doing 42 miles and as a group we did just under 34 or so. Coming back home, on the MUP, and I see a woman up ahead walking towards me with two dogs, both off leash. I knew it was going to happen....one of them saw me, and charged. Slammed the brake getting stopped, got the bike between me and the dog, chain side out. I don't know if the dog was dangerous or would lick me to death. Wasn't going to find out either. He lunged a few times, and each time, the bike was used as a barrier, and the front wheel got his nose. She finally got them under control, and started to leash them as I maneuvered past. She said nothing, no apology, nothing. As I am climbing on my bike, I look back, and I said something to her. "You mean you have the leashes, but you aren't using them?" "I cannot believe that you have the leash, but it is not on the dog. What the hell is the point?" I shook my head and continued riding.

I know that dogs love to be off leash. The fact is that as an owner, you are responsible for the dog at all times. I know, I am a dog owner. If I am walking my dog, and it bites someone, that is on me. I keep my dog on leash at all times in public. I have a huge 4.5 lb Chihuahua but that doesn't matter. He is a dog, and dogs bite and his sharp little teeth will break skin just like any other dog. Utterly annoyed at the whole thing. I got on the brake so hard because it was around a bend for the most part. I was traveling at a decent rate of speed but nothing excessive. This is a multi use path that has quite a bit of traffic on it in the summer, from cyclists to walkers, runners and bladers. Why would any sane person take two dogs off leash on a heavily traveled path like this?

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
    No ride for me today unfortunately.

510 AM EDT FRI JUN 12 2015

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR PORTIONS OF SOUTHWEST LOWER
    MICHIGAN.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL THIS MORNING MAY LEAD TO PONDING OF WATER IN
    POOR DRAINAGE AREAS AND RISES ON SMALLER CREEKS AND STREAMS.

A SLIGHT RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WITH DAMAGING WINDS AND LARGE
    HAIL EXISTS TODAY BETWEEN 11 AM AND 5 PM SOUTH OF A LINE FROM
    KALAMAZOO TO LANSING.
    me too, same stuff today too

Huckin' trails
    I've been doing 20km round-trip commutes a few days a week now for the past 3 months and it sure makes a difference when I get on the bike for longer rides now. About to leave for work, another sunny day to commute 10km in the city !
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    A decent ride in this AM. Heavy wind in the Valley, but warm and sunny. There was a wildfire burning yesterday just north and east of where I live, but the wind seems to have pushed the smoke well away from my ride route, which is good. Last year's smoke inhalation due to the Kenai fires was horrid and hard on the body. Don't want to go through that again.

Had a bikeless weekend, which was nice in a way. Saturday was my oldest daughter's first triathlon, so we spend the day doing that and then went and watched some roller ski races and ended the day with a trail run. Yesterday I ended up wrenching on my son's bike and my daughter's bike and the car. Didn't feel like biking after getting all that done.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ckeyeus View Post
    It's kind of hot here. 70s in the mornings, 90s in the evenings.
    I'm just going to quote myself to avoid typing the same thing. In some ways, the ride home feels a bit more comfortable, probably due to the dew point being so close to the morning temp.

Resident Texican
    My commuting has been a bit sporadic over the last few months. I'll start to get back in to a groove and then some injury will occur that will take me out of it for a few days, which then makes it harder to get back in to the groove. In February it was getting hit by a car, in April it was hitting a chunk of aluminum after trying to avoid it and cutting a deep gash in my shin right above the ankle, and this morning I took a spill coming around a wet/oily corner which shredded my bar tape and my right arm. Bike commuting is painful, and I don't think it's any less expensive than driving my car.

But, that doesn't mean that I'm going to stop.

mtbr member
    ^ Ow! Sorry, Texico. Road racers brag of their scars. Explains a lot in their case.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Commute today was killed by weather. Prepared to ride, checked the sky and the weather and though I better not. Currently raining right now and storms are on the radar for the next hour or so. High chance of rain all afternoon and into this evening. Forecast says storms may become severe at times. I don't mind the rain, but to start off riding in it and then attempt to have my clothes halfway dry at work while sitting on a chair.....ehhhhh. Pass.

No one calls me Maurice.
    Commute today was killed by weather. Prepared to ride, checked the sky and the weather and though I better not. Currently raining right now and storms are on the radar for the next hour or so. High chance of rain all afternoon and into this evening. Forecast says storms may become severe at times. I don't mind the rain, but to start off riding in it and then attempt to have my clothes halfway dry at work while sitting on a chair.....ehhhhh. Pass.
    I hear that. The whole midswest apparently now has a Monsoon season. I wouldn't mind, but it's seriously cutting into my ride time just when I need it to cope with the leaks in my basement. Something about riding in severe T-storms with lightening and going over a long overpass without a shoulder in near dark conditions during periods of reduced visibility doesn't hack it with me.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

guy
    Rode today because if I keep waiting for dry weather I'll never ride this month. Sweat my ass off this morning because of the humidity but it felt good to get back on two wheels. It's currently pouring, but I have a decent shot of hitting the gap between this storm and the severe stuff that is supposed to hit later this evening.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMc View Post

June is busting out all over. The clematis, day lilies, roses, prickly pear, and sweet pea are in flower.

The sweet pea smells very nice!
    Above photos iPhone 4. Photos with HTC One M8 Android:

Some of the differences are time of day angle of the sun, slight overcast. The rose blossoms had wilted and the new ones were not blooming yet.

I'd rather be on my bike
    HTC cameras are not that great, it is quite apparent in the quality of the pictures. They have had several issues from what I have read and from what people tell me. Some of them have a purple tint to them.

Glad I did not ride. Yes, monsoon season here. It just rains, and rains and rains, then stops for a short period, then starts again. I don't purposely ride in the rain. If I get caught on the ride home or whatever, so be it, but when it is pouring when I leave for work, nope. I don't have and don't want all the extra gear associated with riding in the rain. 2 of the 3 bikes don't take bolt on fenders. Of the two, only one will even take a seatpost clipped on rear fender. That leaves me on the fat bike, in the pouring rain, yeah, with fenders, but soaking clothes and shoes.

mtbr member
    Nevertheless, nice pics BrianMc!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    No commute yesterday - I was home with a killer migraine. This morning I rode in with what felt like a hangover (trust me - it WASN'T). Yesterday saw temperatures in the mid 20s and a light breeze and bright sunshine - all in all a perfect day for curling up in a ball in a darkened room...

Today's temperature is the same so at least the ride in was comfort... just fitted 110mm stem to the bike (replacing a 70mm stem) at the weekend too so I was just dying to try it out. The new position is more comfortable so I am pleased.

mtbr member
    Had yesterday off, and it was too nasty to ride. Rode to work today to make up for it, took down most of the signs I put up last week when I found someone's wedding ring on the trail. I met up with the guy on Saturday, felt really good to get the ring back to him cause I lost my wedding ring on a trail about 5 years ago. Gave me a four leaf clover, said he found 3 while he was looking for the ring, just before his neighbor walked up and handed him one of my signs.

Today's ride was good, very humid but no storms. Hopefully this doesn't turn out like the last time I saw a "good enough" forecast and rode in, only to ride in an absolute downpour on the way home.

Keep dry and safe everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by blockphi View Post
    Right now I am torn between picking up a used 9er wheelset and a front fork or just getting some 26X3 Knards for summer use with the Large Marge wheelset. The 9er set would be nice to have so that I could run studs on icy days in the winter, but it is a non-offset, 100MM spaced front, so I wouldn't be able to just swap out wheels, but would have to swap out the front fork as well. And I have a suspicion that fat studs will get a bit cheaper this year as there are more companies with them now. We'll see.
    Be very interested to hear if the 26x3's work - I ended up going with 3.8 knards on my marge lites for summer riding but I notice a good deal of self steer on pavement, wonder if the narrower tires would be a little better in that regard. If not I can always just stick with nates I guess.
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    Must have been invisible today, the amount of folk who didn't see or just plain didn't give a damn. Four folk coming the opposite direction turning in front of me and one little car that overtook me, then proceeded to start reversing into her drive. She was very pretty, said sorry and gave me a winning smile which made it all better

guy
    Managed to hit the gaps in the storms yesterday for both rides. It was raining this morning when I left for work so I opted to drive. My wife and I are training for a half marathon right now so I am more likely to skip a ride when I know I have a 6 mile run ahead of me when I get home tonight. I'll be back on the bike tomorrow as it is the only dry day in the 10 day forecast at the moment.

mtbr member
    Good ride in this AM, though there are two wildfires burning in the area right now, so the smoke is getting bad. Not fun.

Had a great time riding with the Sprockidz last night. First time back on the trails with the Pugs. It is going to take me some time to get used to how it handles again and rebuild my legs a bit for the heavier bike, but other than that, it was great fun. I do think I will look at upgrading to hydro brakes, though. I like the control and power they provide over the mechanicals. I'll have to see, though. I know I need to dial in the brakes a bit, so that might help me feel a bit more confident in my stopping power. I'll also have to be careful for a while until I get used to the new, wide bars I put on - 780mm. The things are massive and I know there are trees I couldn't fit through with 720s, so...Could get interesting.

mtbr member
    HTC cameras are not that great, it is quite apparent in the quality of the pictures. They have had several issues from what I have read and from what people tell me. Some of them have a purple tint to them.
    The iPhone4 is red shifted and looks like the old Kodachrome. The Red Rose was between blooms, it would be more telling. I figure if anyone wants to really get picky about picture quality they ante up for a digital SLR. That said, this will likely be my last HTC.

1. They upgraded the OS now it will no longer download pictures to my Mac. I spent hours trying to fix this (worse than useless on-line support, debating calling them and wasting more time) and may still request a warranty replacement.

2. Has blue tooth but will not pick up the blue tooth bike monitors.

3. The screen will show I selected something and nothing happens, next time an accidental brush selects something I did not intend to select. I think they are trying to get me to smash it into bits so they can sell me another phone. Nice try guys.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingdutchman View Post
    Nevertheless, nice pics BrianMc!
    Thanks. Yes, it is a decent camera for snapshots. Whether it is the best camera in any smart phone is only one of several factors that should be considered when buying a phone. Though it is one I wil put more weight on from here in. We were so happy to get a camera, then more pixels, now we can get picky about macro mode and color saturation! The iPhone recorded the rose as too red and the clematis as too blue from what they look like in life. A Kodachrome look. Some really like that. I tend to too. The HTC was closer to the real color of the clematis and the lack of color in the sweet pea is at least in part time of day/overcast and also they seem to color up more in another month.

Quote Originally Posted by SlipSpace View Post
    Must have been invisible today.
    We always are. We always are. Some days it doesn't matter because they aren't turning in front of you.

What we are up against: a friend riding with a member of his squadron, commented on the man's right turn at a 4-way stop without even slowing for a what might be called a rolling stop. The driver claimed that was legal! Or the dolt who blew a stop sign he had to drive through most days leaving his place so he had to know it was there and totaled two cars. That would have killed or seriously maimed me on my bike.

Assume they are blind and ignorant. Much the safer assumption.

mtbr member
    The ride in yesterday was fun. Light tailwind, dry, sunny, warm enough. After lunch though I started to feel sick and went home early. I managed to ride home but I was much slower than usual. Luckily after a night of long sleep I felt way better this morning, although still tired. I slept late, so my son commuted to Kindergarten as well on his 16" bike. After that I rode into the office and was almost hit by an ambulance (!!) that overtook way too close without reason (Siren was on but that is still no reason). After overtaking they braked and I had to stop because they were backing into a driveway. Oh well. On the last mile I also had some light rain so it took a while before my jeans had dried in the office. And I *don't" like wet clothes on me when I am not on the bike. The way back this afternoon was ok with tailwind and I broke the 3000K barrier :wohoo since September last year, makes also exactly 2000K this year so far.

I will be off the rest of the week, will drive 300miles tomorrow, attend a family party on Thursday and drive back on Friday. For that I am planning an extra ride on Sunday afternoon. We'll see how the plan works out :-)

weirdo
    My commutes yesterday were like HTX`s "hangover" ride, except instead of migrane I have sinus craziness, seemingly enternal runny nose, and shortness of breath. The weather has been so beautiful that I`d have to try awfully hard to complain about that. I wonder how many quarts of snot I`ve blown onto the road, into paper, and over my shirt in the past few days.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCuse View Post
    Rode to work today to make up for it, took down most of the signs I put up last week when I found someone's wedding ring on the trail. I met up with the guy on Saturday, felt really good to get the ring back to him cause I lost my wedding ring on a trail about 5 years ago. Gave me a four leaf clover, said he found 3 while he was looking for the ring, just before his neighbor walked up and handed him one of my signs.
    How cool!

I`m pretty frustrated by the whole photo quality dilema these days, and have pretty much decided to just post and not worry about it. Often I`ll get one looking great here at home, then post up to find that it went to hell somehow when I attatched it, even viewing on the same computer and same monitor, with the exact same edit. And then to think that other people are all viewing on different monitors... Screw it- compose and snap, maybe crop or a few quick edits, then post. Have fun while doing those activities, and I`m not going to give myself any headaches trying to chase technical perfection. Convenience is the real benefit of digital.
    Recalculating....

I'd rather be on my bike
    The iPhone4 is red shifted and looks like the old Kodachrome. The Red Rose was between blooms, it would be more telling. I figure if anyone wants to really get picky about picture quality they ante up for a digital SLR. That said, this will likely be my last HTC.

1. They upgraded the OS now it will no longer download pictures to my Mac. I spent hours trying to fix this (worse than useless on-line support, debating calling them and wasting more time) and may still request a warranty replacement.

2. Has blue tooth but will not pick up the blue tooth bike monitors.

3. The screen will show I selected something and nothing happens, next time an accidental brush selects something I did not intend to select. I think they are trying to get me to smash it into bits so they can sell me another phone. Nice try guys.

Thanks. Yes, it is a decent camera for snapshots. Whether it is the best camera in any smart phone is only one of several factors that should be considered when buying a phone. Though it is one I wil put more weight on from here in. We were so happy to get a camera, then more pixels, now we can get picky about macro mode and color saturation! The iPhone recorded the rose as too red and the clematis as too blue from what they look like in life. A Kodachrome look. Some really like that. I tend to too. The HTC was closer to the real color of the clematis and the lack of color in the sweet pea is at least in part time of day/overcast and also they seem to color up more in another month.
    Have you tried this for your Mac? Has worked for me with every Android device I have owned, from a Note 3 to an LG G3 to a Galaxy S3 and S4.

https://www.android.com/intl/en_us/filetransfer/

My commute was uneventful today. Stopped at the shop and bought something that I swore that I would never ever buy or put on my bike. A saddle bag. A dingle bag. A dangling sack. Ugh, with not many options for me on my bike, I broke down and bought one. I won't use it all the time, just on casual rides so I can put my small pump, tube, lever, etc. somewhere safe. I have been doing some casual rides without any type of bag and it is really nice especially when it is warm. The last ride was in a jersey with everything in the three back pockets. That wasn't too bad, but made the jersey sit funny on my already odd shaped body so I kept futzing with it. This should alleviate that. I will lose my water bottle now but I think I will survive. Usually never too far from a fountain or a store to buy a bottle of cold water. Anyway, ride in was nice, fairly warm and windy. Ride home was really nice because it cooled off a little but was still warm enough for shorts and a short sleeve shirt. Rain in the forecast the next couple of days, and I am off until Saturday, so there will be some fun rides mixed in if possible. Oh, the bag is an Axiom that is reflective, has a nice spot for a blinker, and is water resistant.

Moderator Moderator
    A rough week for bikecommuting so far, had to drive a work car home Monday to leave at 4:20 a.m. for fieldwork yesterday, and after a long day in the field I just drove it home rather than back to the office to ride home. So this morning I have to get it back to work. My bike is there to ride home though.

Rodar, your sinusickiness sounds terrible, hope you can breathe easier soon.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I had to bring some boxes to work yesterday, so I drove. We awoke to thunderstorms this morning, so it was back into the car for me. My body isn't liking it.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=TenSpeed;12033548]Have you tried this for your Mac? Has worked for me with every Android device I have owned, from a Note 3 to an LG G3 to a Galaxy S3 and S4.

https://www.android.com/intl/en_us/filetransfer//QUOTE]

Thanks for that link. HTC provided an application that imported photos directly into the Photos program on the Mac (and also sync sound files/calendar etc.). Unfortunately, they did not upgrade it after the OS changes. It would lock up the shut down on the Mac after attempting to run it. Deleting the ineffective program still did not have the phone "drive" coming up in Finder as their support topic said would occur. My first work around was to e-mail the two pictures I needed (no time to figure it out). The second work around was to import on my Windows 8 desktop, transfer to a thumb drive and cart that back to the Mac.

The program you provided substitutes in for the PC/thumb drive step. Good thing I don't need to sync my calendar.

weirdo
    My dyno headlight systems have been nearly flawless since I started using them five or six years ago. I had a strange problem with it last night- kept dropping from full beam down to "stand" light, then back to full again. Every single issue I have experienced has been solved by wiggling the plug on the hub until tonight. Fortunately, I can see well enough just by the stand light, so kept riding in to work. When I arrived, I pried the contacts up a bit with the tip of a knife blade and shot both sides with contact cleaner. Couldn`t tell this morning whether or not that did the trick, but I sure hope so.

Finished my dimly lit commute with a 20 second drop down a footpath (pseudo singletrack) and a tiny bit of extra excitement. I`m used to suicide rabbits on the home end of my commute, but last night I had a suicide rodent (large mouse or small rat) dart out and try to sqoosh itself under my tire. I think we missed each other, but it was weird none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    Rodar, your sinusickiness sounds terrible, hope you can breathe easier soon.
    Thanks. It`s been gradually improving since Sat, just taking its time about it.
    Recalculating....

I'd rather be on my bike

Thanks for that link. HTC provided an application that imported photos directly into the Photos program on the Mac (and also sync sound files/calendar etc.). Unfortunately, they did not upgrade it after the OS changes. It would lock up the shut down on the Mac after attempting to run it. Deleting the ineffective program still did not have the phone "drive" coming up in Finder as their support topic said would occur. My first work around was to e-mail the two pictures I needed (no time to figure it out). The second work around was to import on my Windows 8 desktop, transfer to a thumb drive and cart that back to the Mac.

The program you provided substitutes in for the PC/thumb drive step. Good thing I don't need to sync my calendar.
    Do you not sync your contacts through Google? They can be edited on your Mac by signing into Gmail and selecting Contacts. I gave up on using any of the Mac stuff like iCal and the such after I stopped using an iPhone and moved to Android. If I can be of assistance, feel free to PM me. Don't want to clog this thread up any more with our nerdy phone/computer stuff.

ETA: just re-read your post. Your calendar. You don't use Google Calendar? That is one work around for you.

guy
    Stopped at the shop and bought something that I swore that I would never ever buy or put on my bike. A saddle bag. A dingle bag. A dangling sack. Ugh, with not many options for me on my bike, I broke down and bought one.
    Its just the beginning. Soon you'll be trying to McGuiver a rack and panniers on your track bike. It's easier if you just accept it.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleebs View Post
    Its just the beginning. Soon you'll be trying to McGuiver a rack and panniers on your track bike. It's easier if you just accept it.
    Guaranteed, this will not happen. No mounts, no way to mount anything other than the saddle bag. Promise.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    June 16 marks 10 years of commuting some 53000 km...

Cant ever remember driving in...

Surgurys and sickness excluded.

I commutted for three years in the nineties.

took the bus for another 2 years..

That makes 15 years of "green commutes"

I have been working for 35 years.

So that is 43% green.

mtbr member
    Guaranteed, this will not happen. No mounts, no way to mount anything other than the saddle bag. Promise.
    Frame bag?

Finished taking down all my signs last night. Took a longer route than expected due to a long turn I always seem to make (intersection looks almost exactly like another, and I always get the two confused). It adds a nice little bonus loop though. Weather was kind of interesting, and I always wonder about how these horses feel about living between two subdivisions and under high voltage lines.

Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexCuse View Post
    I always wonder about how these horses feel about living between two subdivisions and under high voltage lines?
    Maybe they get a charge out of it? Wild horses couldn't drag them away? Maybe as good as anywhere to horse around? They decided to run with it? They like to hoof it back and forth between the subdivisions? Oh, I see! It was a rhetorical question.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott View Post

So that is 43% green.
    To quote Kermit, It's Not Easy Being Green! Nice going and ride on - over 50% is in your sights.

weirdo
    JeffScott, that rocks!

The best part, says me
    Recalculating....

No one calls me Maurice.
    Had a two new experiences today. First another guy from the local bike club rode part of my commute (didn't even know he lived in the area). Probably the most social I've been on my commute in 30 years. Next, I'm crossing a street and some guy has rolled into the pedestrian lane. He rolls down the window and says "Dude, sorry about that. The light caught me off guard." Never had a driver apologize before. Weird.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

CB of the East
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    I`m used to suicide rabbits on the home end of my commute, but last night I had a suicide rodent (large mouse or small rat) dart out and try to sqoosh itself under my tire. I think we missed each other, but it was weird none the less.
    A squirrel ran between my front and rear tire today on my way in.

Impressive!

I took the long way in, I was a little too tired to take the long way in.

No one calls me Maurice.
    No ride today. Only slept about 2 hours last night and now I'm headed out of town to dig 6 30"x36" footings for a display I'm helping with at a local museum. I say rent a bobcat, but the museum is not well funded and that's apparently a deal breaker. Ugh.

mtbr member

So that is 43% green.
    You rock! great achievement

Yesterday broke two spokes on the home run, perhaps this wheel has seen better days. Didn't get it all sorted last night so had to use the SS 29er. Not really geared for road but was a change.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    To quote Kermit, It's Not Easy Being Green! Nice going and ride on - over 50% is in your sights.

Probably not started winding down the hours....riding should go up though

mtbr member
    No commute for me yesterday. Work from home day. So I took an hour and went for a run in the AM. Took the dogs and one of my kids. One of my dogs can run off leash with no problems as long as there are not many other users on the trails. My other dog, the sled dog, she's not quite there yet for being off leash. It seems insane to me that a 40 pound dog can pull my 240+ pound butt all over the place. Wow. My arms ache from holding her leash.

Good ride today. I think I just about have the Pugs setup 100% spot on. I went with a saddle that I've never used before - it has a similar width to the Pure V's I've been using. My butt has been having a time getting the feel right. It's a Terry Fly saddle. I keep getting it set just about perfect and then something changes - the seat post height (too much lube there) or the saddle bolts work loose and it moves a bit and then it is just painful and a pain to get back to perfection. I am now in the process of making the tiniest of tweaks to get it just right. Almost there, but think I may have to get a set-back post to get it to be back as far as I need it on the bike. That, and I'm used to a more spoon shape on the back of the saddle, which the Fly doesn't have. I might give it one more week then try something else if I can't get it to be comfortable for longer rides. Right now twelve miles is about all I can do before it really starts feeling like an arse hatchet.

Have some vacation time coming up in a week or so and am trying to figure out a day or two bike-packing trip to do with my son. I'm excited about that.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Getting a saddle dialed in can be a nightmare. It took me the better part of 3 weeks to finally get this Phenom set up on my newer Felt.

guy
    Drove today because I needed to be able to get to a mtb race right after work. Of course, the race has now been canceled because of sloppy trail conditions so I drove for no reason.

mtbr member
    Getting a saddle dialed in can be a nightmare. It took me the better part of 3 weeks to finally get this Phenom set up on my newer Felt.
    I know. This is why I am a one bike type of guy. It takes me so long to get everything feeling just like it should that if I switch to another bike, I feel like I am just learning to ride again for a week or so. Then again, maybe that is because I only ride one bike?