Page 345 of 417 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 355 395 ... LastLast
Results 17,201 to 17,250 of 20836
    NDD
    Baby boy
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    That's me right now.

Biked up to the uni. Bit of a tailwind and quick as Hell. Took the mtb today and clipped in for the first time in a while.

After my final I hit the the off-road trail before heading home. So stoked, I broke four of my own records. Then I headed home and it was slow going since I had the headwind coming back.

it got hot quick around here. Friggin 84 degrees today. Oh well. Got home and cracked open a Mickey's, so that'll solve that problem.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy View Post
    ^^That entire post is hilarious
    +1!

I'd rather be on my bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgraffite View Post
    What kind of fenders are these?
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.
    2015 miles: 5019/5000
    2016 miles: 2895/6000

guy
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMc View Post
    Nice pun.
    I'm glad someone caught it

I'd rather be on my bike
    Commute yesterday was great. 57F on the way in, and strangely, 64F 9.5 hours later which was a pleasant surprise. No complaints other than I did not do proper maintenance on my bike and stopped at the shop for air in both tires, to raise the saddle and adjust chain tension. Never grab a bike off the rack and just ride it. Seatpost started creaking last night right when I got home so I removed it and thoroughly greased it up. Should be good to go.

Todays ride already shows 70F and a high of 82F. That is alright with me. Think I will try out my new Felt jersey that I picked up over the weekend from the LBS where I bought my Felt last year.

guy
    The commute in today was excellent; must have warmed up 15 degrees during the 50 minutes it takes to go from home to work. I had to take off my jacket and stuff it in my backpack at a stoplight.

As promised yesterday, here are some pics of our local middle school and the turnout for the start of the bike to school challenge. These pictures don't really capture the racks that are closest to the school entrance or the bikes on the far side of the football field, but it's probably 60-70% of them. I tried to take a rolling video of them but it didn't come out very well.
    How was your commute today?-bike-school-2015-2.jpg

Name:  bike to school 2015 1.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  135.2 KB

I love seeing kids on bikes. It just makes me smile. If only the high school could get a turn out like this

mtbr member
    Good commute this AM. First morning of wearing shorts. Not the warmest day this spring so far, but I just decided I was done carrying the extra clothing items. Of course, shorts make me much more vulnerable to the mosquitos as I wait for the bus.

mtbr member
    This morning was a beast. I swear that it was a headwind no matter what direction I turned. Nothing makes you humble like working your ass off and barely tipping 14 mph average.

Finally tried out this Runnur shoulder sling thing I was gifted at Christmas. I really like it, and since I don't carry much on my commute, it works well for carrying the necessities.
    Bourbon: Because no good story ever started with "So, there we were eating salads".

No one calls me Maurice.
    Another day in a week of suck. 3-7" of rain around our place last night. No way I'm wading to work if I can't see the roadway. I was able to drive on the interstate hwy, but it appears to be one-directional as the other entrance and both exits at our exchange are under water and coned off. Supposed to thunderstorm all week either before work, after work or all day.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

mtbr member
    All the snow from yesterday is slowly melting. There's a short little pedestrian bridge that I have to cross on the way to work, and it was crazily treacherous. Ended up having to get off and walk because the combination of melt, a thin layer of ice, and big chunky ice was way worse than actual winter conditions.

Lets see if this flickr video works...

(edited to add: apparently not. But anyway, it's a link to a video where you'd swear my dog's back legs are broken, which is totally not the case)

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
    What kind of fenders are these?
    They are from old trials motorcycles and the plastic they are made from is very strong. They cost from $5 to $10 at a local motorcycle junkyard here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newfangled View Post
    Lets see if this flickr video works...
    With a little persistence, it does. I had to turn it on a couple of times.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Fantastic day today. 38 and clear in the morning. Watched Mt. Rainier light up as the sun rose. 69 and sunny for the ride home.

I'm taking tomorrow off work and plan to ride over to the property my wife and I own on the other side of the Cascades. I installed some beefier tires onto my commuter because I'm going to be doing some gravel-grinding to get there. It's going to be epic! I'll post some pics over the weekend.

Moderator Moderator
    Lovely here as well, 60'sF and sunny this morning made for a glorious ride with a work-related detour to drop off some files. Only downside was fighting with a coil lock at my destination. those things are the worst invention ever, a straight cable (mine was at work) is way easier to use and more flexible to pack (note, cables for low theft areas only!). Detour again to ORS LBS before hours (sorry!) and rewarded with a freebie drop bar replacement plug that had gone missing. Only an extra mile and a half for the errands, but it was so beautiful I felt like going ad going. Went to work instead, and the ride home was crazy, still 83F at about 6:30 pm, in VT in early May.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    My last 3 commutes have not been very fun. First of on all 3 days I get a brutal head wind on my way to work. That should mean I get a nice tail wind for home. NOPE wind is going to make a 180 so you get to slog through it all over again.

Yesterday I had to crash into a Palo Verde and other assortment of bushes and cacti because 2 joggers and their toy rat dog refused to let me have 3 feet of a 6-8 foot wide trail. My arms and face were scraped up pretty bad and I was dripping blood. One of them had the nerve to chuckle and call me an idiot. I asked her "How long do you thing a dead body would go unnoticed in all this brush?" Her smirk disappeared rather quickly.

I know, I know. Probably not the most classy response. But the joggers on this trail are all incredibly rude. Other bikes, old people walking, even the horsebackers are all polite. I am done risking my neck taking lines too damn close to the brush and scraping myself up. From now on if you don't move over and let me have just 1/4 of the trail, I am making my line obvious, up shifting and getting out the saddle and making it very obvious I have no intention of moving. Hopefully once it breaks 100F there will be less idiots. Still, it is far less annoying than driving.

On the upside tomorrow will mark 4/5 days commuting this week. Will be my record.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Dare I say that it was hot today? Commute in was 81F, in Michigan, the first week of May. Not complaining at all that is for sure. Broke out a jersey and shorts for the ride just to see how this new jersey was. I hate it, I mean I like it, but I hate how it makes me look. Accentuates every damn Oreo I have ever eaten in my life. Time to lose the weight. Classes on campus are finishing up, and people are everywhere. Was moving along nicely in the bike lane approaching a small intersection and a crosswalk for pedestrians. Girl on a bike is approaching to cross the road. She looks, she sees me traveling at a nice rate of speed. No way she would dare pull out and try to cross.......ah, yeah she did. Not only did she cross, she crossed and attempted to angle her way into the bike lane. She was on a Townie style bike, seat way too low and in flip flops. She saw me, you know how I know? After grabbing a bunch of front brake, and as I pass her in the lane, she said "sorry." I looked back at her and said "really?" and kept moving. I had to shake my head at that.

Ride home was amazing, 72F and a light breeze. You can just smell the blossoms and flowers in the air. What a great night to ride home. A bit on the humid side though and I was sweating pretty bad as I left the neighborhood and was back onto the bike lane headed towards the MUP about 5.5 miles into an 8.5 mile commute. Yep, that is when it happened. Flat tire. These damn Vittorria Rubino's just suck. Fast tire, if you are on a track, but for city riding they suck. I hit something, a rock or glass or whatever. Second flat on this specific tire in a month. Damnit. I didn't feel like changing it so I walked it home. I know how to change it, just makes no sense since the wheel is going into the shop tomorrow for work, and a new tire. Ordered the mid range Gatorskins and they are in, along with my replacement spokes and nipples. So I had a nice walk home down the entire MUP in silence except for the frogs, bugs, and whatever else is out there in the swamp area. Did some real soul searching, wasn't pissed off, just enjoyed the time that I had pushing a super light fixed gear bike down a pitch black path with my 320 lumens lighting the way. The sound of cleats clicking on the cement and sweat running into my eyes as I walked along. It was pretty amazing honestly.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Nice post TenSpeed. The first part idiotic and the second part idyllic. Kinda a yin yang thing. Other cyclists can be a major PITA

The way in today was lovely! I dropped off our little one at kindergarten (barnehagen for those of you with a drop of Scandinavian in you) with no tears at all!

The ride in was in lovely sunshine with (I estimate) 15 degrees C or so. Shorts and t-shirt weather for sure! Average of 27 kph/250W with a max speed of 57 kph. I am happy with that even if they are Strava watts

Had a idiot in an Audi SUV blast his horn at me this morning though.

I was in the bike lane and coming up to a roundabout - to get into the correct lane to go straight ahead I had to cross the inside lane (goes to right only) and take the outer lane. I did a shoulder check, saw him (and I mean really saw him - the driver - older guy with grey hair and a green baseball cap with a black puffer jacket; I really looked) he saw me, I signalled and he slowed to allow me out (the bike lane ends for the roundabout anyway) I pull out, wave thanks and give him the thumbs up. He then waits until I am in the middle of the lane and about 3 foot in front of his hood when he blasts the horn at me and starts gesticulating for me to get out the way! I cross to the outer lane and he roars off full gas - only to slam on the brakes because the round about is less than 100m ahead.

It was strange... I just had to flip him off after that...

mtbr member
    Good morning! I've been so lazy lately. Between vacation, bad weather, and starting a relationship after being single for a few years, I haven't been commuting much. It's hard to get out of bed early when there's someone else in it. Thankfully I'm dating a fellow cyclist, so he's going to start biking me to work some mornings, as he works from home and can make his own schedule.

Really nice ride in this morning, although a bit humid. I was dripping sweat by the time I rolled into work. My bike miles for the year finally passed my running miles for the year yesterday (approximately 500.) I'm behind on both. Yikes!

I'd rather be on my bike
    Welcome back, congrats on the relationship! As a single guy, heh, I know that getting out of bed when you are alone is pretty easy. Not so much when you have a reason to stay in it. At least he rides so that will help you get your miles back up.

mtbr member
    Chilly and foggy morning, but good attendance for Friday morning coffee

My newly-minted elected representative is in there somewhere. Finishing the rest of the ride to work, I totally lost count of the huge number of cyclists I saw (including one guy, on a tandem, with panniers, hauling a trailer)

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Rained last night

Sunny 0C ride in...

Shorts, summer boots tee, and a sweater...

Dont care it is summer for now until Sept.

guy
    Weather was incredible here yesterday as well. 60F on the way in and 83F on the way home. The ride along lake erie is beautiful this time of year, and yesterday evening the lake was particularly calm and beautiful. Today looks to be an exact clone of yesterday's weather, so I'm hoping to take off early and get some extra miles in.

mtbr member
    Welcome back, congrats on the relationship! As a single guy, heh, I know that getting out of bed when you are alone is pretty easy. Not so much when you have a reason to stay in it. At least he rides so that will help you get your miles back up.
    I know, right? I was single for about 3 years, so this is new territory for me lately.

Oh, he's planning a week long bike tour across part of Wisconsin for us later this summer, so I'm going to be getting more miles than I know what to do with. LOL. He's ridden across the U.S. before. Not sure what I'm getting myself into...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot7 View Post
    My last 3 commutes have not been very fun. First of on all 3 days I get a brutal head wind on my way to work. That should mean I get a nice tail wind for home. NOPE wind is going to make a 180 so you get to slog through it all over again.

Yesterday I had to crash... My arms and face were scraped up pretty bad and I was dripping blood. One of them had the nerve to chuckle and call me an idiot. I asked her "How long do you thing a dead body would go unnoticed in all this brush?" Her smirk disappeared quickly.
    Polite, maybe not... yet perhaps quite fitting

I never think of those perfect responses until after the fact...

Rain came down forcefully yesterday. I was wise, I think, to skip that commute and opt for 4 wheels and rain protection instead

Today it's been gray skies and coolish, but not bad for commuting. I took a different strategy today- left myself ample time. It was nice to take a "toolsy" pace in for a change, rather than my usual door-to-door sprint. Novel.
    There is a season, turn, turn, turn
    And a time for every wheel to turn through it

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Commute in this morning was great. Even a little chilly (68F). Today was a milestone for me. 4 commutes in a week. And 4 days in a row at that. Had a bit of a head wind going in to work but barely noticeable. Stepped outside around 3pm for a little walk around the office (I get antsy at work waiting for my commute home) and it started to rain. Bummed me out a bit as I do not like the mud that rains in the desert bring. I did notice that the wind really picked up and was heading west. NICE! I might get a tail wind going home.

No the storm moved west and the wind started blowing east. The commute home was slow and felt like I was trying to plow my bike through pudding. F-U foxtrot wind flavored pudding. Add to this my body decided to say "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME" 2.5 miles in and my legs went to slush. Spent the entire ride in my "You sissy!" chainring.

I made it home though. Took my shower and felt good about my little milestone. Got 2 days of recovery till I shoot for 5 days next week :-)

Moderator Moderator
    Love that foggy bridge photo, Newf. Sounds like fun, WItrail!

I'd rather be on my bike
    Commute in this morning was great. Even a little chilly (68F). Today was a milestone for me. 4 commutes in a week. And 4 days in a row at that. Had a bit of a head wind going in to work but barely noticeable. Stepped outside around 3pm for a little walk around the office (I get antsy at work waiting for my commute home) and it started to rain. Bummed me out a bit as I do not like the mud that rains in the desert bring. I did notice that the wind really picked up and was heading west. NICE! I might get a tail wind going home.

No the storm moved west and the wind started blowing east. The commute home was slow and felt like I was trying to plow my bike through pudding. F-U foxtrot wind flavored pudding. Add to this my body decided to say "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME" 2.5 miles in and my legs went to slush. Spent the entire ride in my "You sissy!" chainring.

I made it home though. Took my shower and felt good about my little milestone. Got 2 days of recovery till I shoot for 5 days next week :-)
    I like this. Congrats on the achievement. Feels damn good to make it home in weather like that, sissy ring or not, at least you rode it home.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    I had an amazing bike "commute" on Friday. Instead of riding to the office, I rode from my house northeast of Seattle to property that my wife and I own located 100 miles east over the Cascade Mountains.

I rode my daily commuter (drop-bar cross bike) and the only change I made was to fit the bike with with 700x28 gatorskins.

I set out around 8:30 in the morning on suburban roads with a fair amount of morning commute traffic.

After about 15 miles of riding I left most of the traffic behind and rode on quiet country roads.

Soon I could see in the distance the mountains that I was about to cross.

Eventually I jumped onto a gravel rail-trail and rode that for a good long way. Nice trail with a very rideable and smooth surface. I generally had it to myself. Rodar, this trail might look familiar to you

Now it was time for the only really unpleasant part of the ride. I had to ride on I-90 for about 15 miles. It's legal and there really is no alternative to the interstate for the route that I wanted to take. So I sucked it up and rode down the on-ramp onto the freeway.

The shoulder was wide and fairly clear of debris and after a couple of minutes I got (somewhat) used to the traffic flying by at 70MPH+. Not soon enough the I-90 portion of the ride was over and I was able to exit onto a dirt road that was potholed but pleasant to ride.

The dirt road eventually became paved and as I ground up to the top of the pass the views kept getting better.

Once over the top, I had to ride a gravel rail trail for about 10 miles. Rough, but manageable. The scenery made it worthwhile.

I had one more quick stint on I-90 and then was back onto the gravel rail trail for a bit. After exiting the rail trail I was back onto quiet country roads. It's quite a bit drier on the east side of the Cascades.

After passing through a small town I finally made it to the Teanaway Valley, only a few miles from my final destination.

I pulled into our property 109 miles and 8.5 hours later were my wife was waiting for me. I was tired but happy! A couple of days off the bike and I'll be ready for my regular boring ride to work Monday morning.

You can see my ride here:

https://www.strava.com/activities/300739549

I'd rather be on my bike
    109 miles and you rode on the interstate? Bada**!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    woodway - I am jealous as hell! that's an epic ride and that is a Science Fact!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Epic ride Woodway. Great pictures too.

mtbr member
    Epic ride Woodway. Great pictures too.
    + 1 Words fail me!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Warm and humid. Pretty uneventful, but I did pass 1,000 miles for the year finally.

I'd rather be on my bike
    High threat of severe thunderstorms this afternoon and into this evening so I am going to drive, again, for the third day in a row. Arm still hurts from the crash Friday night, and I still have not fixed the flat on the front but I am sort of ready to get back on the bike and ride again.

guy
    Woodway that's a badass ride! I would be ****ting myself riding on the interstate. Thanks for the pictures along the way. Really brought your ride to life for me.

I generally get the same weather as TenSpeed, just a few hours later. That means we also have the threat of severe t-storms this evening so I opted to drive. I'll be back on the bike soon after.

formula4speed, I also just rolled over 1000 miles for the year. I'm at 1,010.3 commuting miles, 1,197.1 total miles. I think I need to get more fun rides in...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    It's amazing how smooth the bike can be when I spend 2 hours cleaning and lubing because I couldn't get the project car into the garage before the thunderstorm arrived.

I'm having the opposite issue as it seems most have with drivers. They're too nice and treat me like a pedestrian more than a vehicle, stopping to allow me to go even when I have clearly yielded right of way to them, as I should. They wouldn't think twice if I did the same thing in a car or on a motorcycle. My only options seem to be to just go or to obstinately stop and insist that they drive normally. The former seems to reinforce the notion, the latter rude. Is there a third option to let them know they don't need to wait, without being rude about it?

Bedwards Of The West
    ^^ I've gone both ways... I finally decided that it is my job to make people drive normal. Too many people stopping in the middle of the road when they don't have a stop sign, insisting that I ride out into traffic even though I'm happily waiting at a stop sign waiting for a gap in traffic. I just unclip, put a foot down, and stare at them. They can think whatever they want, I'm not going.

Woodway wins! Nice one. I've really been itching for a big long day in the saddle like that. The self-imposed century is better than the organized century in my experience It's the best feeling in the world having nothing to do for an entire day except turn those pedals over and watch the world go by. I'm jealous.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member
    May 2006
    About an inch of snow fluffy big flakes...didnt stick on the roads though.

Mantis, Paramount, Campy
    Of course my first flat of the year would be on the first day of bike to work week

weirdo
    I spent the majority of a long weekend camping and exploring in NorCal, just got back last night. One memorable moment was hunkering down late Fri afternoon in the midst of a sudden downpour. It had been sprinkling on and off for a few hours, then suddenly let lose on me and my adventure parnter when we were on an exposed ridge in territory unfamiliar to both of us. I quickly set up my tent in the middle of the road, and the other guy threw tarp over himself with rain, then hail falling in buckets, lightning flashing all around us (the scary part). A half hour later, it stopped just as suddenly as it had started and we decided to turn around and drop back into the canyon, call it a day. Found a postcard campsite right next to the Middle Fork of the Feather River and ended up having a great evening followed by a dry night. Memory that will last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kleebs View Post
    As promised yesterday, here are some pics of our local middle school and the turnout for the start of the bike to school challenge.
    By gum, that IS quiet a cite to sea! Brings vary hopeful thoughts

Yesterday I had to crash into a Palo Verde and other assortment of bushes and cacti because 2 joggers and their toy rat dog refused to let me have 3 feet of a 6-8 foot wide trail.
    Yikes! Blood does kind of take the fun out of a ride. I know it`s always easier to make split second decisions when hearing the story told than when you`re in the thick of it yourself, but why couldn`t you just stop when the joggers and rat-dog were getting close and apparently not giving way? Let them figure out how to avoid you instead of diving into the cactus? Still sucks, but it seems to me it would have been better than drawing your own blood. Congrats on the new record!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_HTX View Post
    I did a shoulder check, saw him (and I mean really saw him - the driver - older guy with grey hair and a green baseball cap with a black puffer jacket; I really looked) he saw me, I signalled and he slowed to allow me out (the bike lane ends for the roundabout anyway) I pull out, wave thanks and give him the thumbs up. He then waits until I am in the middle of the lane and about 3 foot in front of his hood when he blasts the horn at me and starts gesticulating for me to get out the way! I cross to the outer lane and he roars off full gas - only to slam on the brakes because the round about is less than 100m ahead.
    I love it!
    Was that your little one`s first day of school? In NA, they usually start in late Aug.
    Recalculating....

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by newfangled View Post
    Chilly and foggy morning, but good attendance for Friday morning coffee
    Great shots, both of `em

Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    I had an amazing bike "commute" on Friday. Instead of riding to the office, I rode from my house northeast of Seattle to property that my wife and I own located 100 miles east over the Cascade Mountains.
    Jeez, nice way to start a weekend! Is the part I might recognize the Snoqualmie Trail? Beautiful, for sure. I`ve ridden a stretch of I-80 a few times. Actually not too bad (might help that my longest interstate stint was in the middle of the night). Thanks for another great ride report
    Recalculating....

Bedwards Of The West
    I spent the majority of a long weekend camping and exploring in NorCal, just got back last night. One memorable moment was hunkering down late Fri afternoon in the midst of a sudden downpour. It had been sprinkling on and off for a few hours, then suddenly let lose on me and my adventure parnter when we were on an exposed ridge in territory unfamiliar to both of us. I quickly set up my tent in the middle of the road, and the other guy threw tarp over himself with rain, then hail falling in buckets, lightning flashing all around us (the scary part). A half hour later, it stopped just as suddenly as it had started and we decided to turn around and drop back into the canyon, call it a day. Found a postcard campsite right next to the Middle Fork of the Feather River and ended up having a great evening followed by a dry night. Memory that will last forever.
    Nice! Now I'm jealous of you too. We got a heck of a downpour on Friday at my place, but no hail. It was dumping hail in random places all around here though. Love the Feather River! Did you take pics?!

CB of the East
    Nice! Now I'm jealous of you too.
    Just got back from Punta Cana. If you are going to be jealous it might as well be a trifecta.

Nice ride woodway.

Aside from one spin class at the resort I've been off the bike for a full week. That only happens when I'm in the Caribbean or have a broken bone.

My ride in was damp with a headwind, welcome home. On the plus side, when I left it felt like a winter that would never end and now it feels like mid spring.

Bedwards Of The West
    Lame

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    109 miles and you rode on the interstate? Bada**!!!!!!!
    Thanks everyone for the kudos and especially those who called me a badass. That does not happen often

The self-imposed century is better than the organized century in my experience It's the best feeling in the world having nothing to do for an entire day except turn those pedals over and watch the world go by.
    Agree with you 100%. I pedaled when I felt like pedaling and stopped when I felt like stopping. It was awesome. I told my wife I thought I would finish in 8-9 hours so my only time limit was not going too far over where she would start to get worried.

Is the part I might recognize the Snoqualmie Trail? Beautiful, for sure. I`ve ridden a stretch of I-80 a few times. Actually not too bad (might help that my longest interstate stint was in the middle of the night).
    That's the trail rodar. I rode it from Carnation out to North Bend and it was sweet.

Riding on the interstate was not as bad as I thought it might be. The shoulder was wide enough that I never felt like I was going to get hit. The noise was probably the worst part. And dodging debris on the shoulder.

Todays commute was so boring in comparison. I'm already thinking about my next adventure. I'm eyeing a 90 mile route that is 70% gravel, 30% road and almost 7000 feet of climbing...not sure if I am quite badass enough to take that one on.

Bedwards Of The West
    ^^ My most epic of epic rides ever was 124 miles, just over 7k feet of climbing, and about 40 miles of it was gravel. That was definitely at the edge of enjoyable and beginning to enter survival mode as I fought off the cramps for the last 10 or 15 miles. I didn't prepare well or watch nutrition throughout the day, so I'm sure I could do it better. I pushed too hard on the first big climb and paid for it 10 hours later You've got me looking at maps over here now...

mtbr member
    Little tiny spittin' rain today and a loss of about 25 ° F from last week's typical highs.

Headwinds to boot.

But Spring has sprung and the rain is needed. Successful commute.
    There is a season, turn, turn, turn
    And a time for every wheel to turn through it

Moderator Moderator
    Soggy on the way home, the unseasonably hot humid weather has spawned thunderstorms the last couple days. Yesterday driving back from the Cape I had to stop on the interstate due to blinding pouring rain; the temp dropped from 94F in the Boston area to 60 in the T-storm in VT. Today my bike blew over on the bike rack before I started, so that was a preview. Riding was not bad, less wind and lightning than yesterday, but I definitely had to spit out some water en route.

guy
    We got the nasty thunderstorms yesterday as predicted so I'm glad I drove. Tail wind on the way in this morning that is forecasted to get up to 30mph for the way home. it will be a grinder.

I'd rather be on my bike
    This garbage weather is really hindering my riding, especially for National Bike to Work Week. 0 miles so far this week. Hoping for Thursday and Friday if possible.