Page 338 of 575 FirstFirst ... 238 288 328 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 348 388 438 ... LastLast
Results 8,426 to 8,450 of 14352
    MTB, Road, Commuting
    Woo Hooo! First lake crossing and snomobile trail ride of the season. The trails are packed powder so there are spots where I sink too much and it took me 1:45 to do my commute. A fatbike with studded tires would have been Ideal! to cross the lake and float over the packed trails.

You'll get no more information here: Early Morning Cyclist Inspiration

weirdo
    Whooooo!
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles91Collins View Post
    Got honked at when I was as far right as I could be without getting doored.
    Drivers don't know about the door problem so you were seen as a road hog. They also don't recognize that you decide where it is safe for you to ride, not them, Also in most places you have the right to the entire lans, if you need it for safety. In Indiana a line of 6 backed up requires one to pull over. Otherwise, they wait for a safe place to pass.

BrianMc

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    it was cold. but still better than driving. first commute of 2013. I had some family stuff going on this week and had to shuttle the kids around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How was your commute today?-new_image.jpg  

Ride Everything
    It was 22f this morning, which was downright balmy compared to yesterday's 15f. If you want a good workout, install some studded tires (1000g each).

GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    iBike? Is that a battery assisted bike of some kind? Sounds like you mentioned it already, but I must have missed it. Report?
    Mentioned in MTBxplorer's thread on smart phone smart bike.

iBike Dash CC Bike Computer| iBike Dash Deluxe Bike Computer

Uses my iPhone.

BrianMc

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bedwards1000 View Post
    Woo Hooo! First lake crossing and snomobile trail ride of the season. The trails are packed powder so there are spots where I sink too much and it took me 1:45 to do my commute. A fatbike with studded tires would have been Ideal! to cross the lake and float over the packed trails.
    Nice pics! You have enough ice, now, huh? I saw that 4 snowmobilers dropped through at Rangeley Lake (and did not get out alive) over there just before the cold snap.

And on that fatbike, they are in pretty high demand, so it seems doubtful that the one you saw on CL for a good price for weeks really was sold that day. The seller probably just did not take it down after the sale and didn't want to fess up. What I'm trying to say is, if you have to pay more than that, don't feel bad.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Apparently there's enough ice, I made it both ways. Local knowledge goes a long way. Thanks for enabling me on the fatbike Like I need it.

I think he really sold it.

Moderator Moderator
    Thanks for enabling me on the fatbike Like I need it.

I think he really sold it.
    Dang! Swear I don't have it. Don't know if you follow the fatbike forum, but in case not, some of the Pugsleys are coming up with frame cracks in the same place, FYI in case you see a REALLY good deal.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    was something like -16C windchill'd today.
    i lost the bolt to my fender so my tire was dragging hard, but hey, my wife broke off the shift paddle on her campy veloce shifter so I'm not feeling too bad!
    running 31mm panaracer crossblaster front and 35mm kenda kross supreme tires now.
    pretty decent.
    If steel is real then aluminium is supercallafragiliniun!

MTB, Road, Commuting
    I didn't even suspect until you denied it so vehemently

So where should I be looking for cracks. I have been avoiding the fatbike forum.

Fat!Drunk!Slow!

So where should I be looking for cracks. I have been avoiding the fatbike forum.
    Only seems to be the model year the frames were painted white, or so i've seen. Its the seat stay to seat tube weld, in the Heat Affected Zone. You can bearly make it out sometimes but the power coat starts to crack and lines form around the weld.

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by byknuts View Post
    i lost the bolt to my fender so my tire was dragging hard, but hey, my wife broke off the shift paddle on her campy veloce shifter so I'm not feeling too bad!
    Doh! And double Doh! Good thing you weren`t riding studs- would have been like a cheese grater.

No more BikeCO? I thought he was going to hang around, but haven`t seen him in a while. Same with Junior in AZ.

Plant closed tonight, but my boss hooked me up with some PM inspections, so I`ll be all by myself. Get to ride all the way through the warehouse and park at my bench
    And taking a 13 week break from graveyard (going to swing) starting in a week. That`ll be nice.
    Recalculating....

Moderator Moderator

Wimpus fatbikeus! But I will help. (apologies for the derail to others not in need of fatbike therapy). It's simple, you just have to hurry up and figure out which of the 26'r or 29'r twins you want to keep, and then it will be (n-1)+1=n

A few of the posted pix, where Jordy said, but a black was just posted:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How was your commute today?-crack3.jpg  

How was your commute today?-crackedpugsblack.jpg  

How was your commute today?-pugsley-frame-crack-1hite.jpg  

Moderator Moderator
    Plant closed tonight, but my boss hooked me up with some PM inspections, so I`ll be all by myself. Get to ride all the way through the warehouse and park at my bench
    Fun! The first time I rode to work in Portland ME (35 mi), I did a lap around the cubies to celebrate.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Think you could log a couple of inside miles? Don't leave any skid marks...you'll be busted.

Unhinged Aussie on a 29er
    Had a couple of snap-cold commutes in, but this one was my favourite. The bump in the skyline is Mt. Rainier.

It dipped to 17.8F before the rain and sleet kicked in, warming it back up to above freezing temperatures. More of the usual again next week (rain, rain, more rain).

mtbr member
    +2 for my ride home this morning, and it felt like cold, so I was a baby about it! Then couldn`t resist waking up my wife by dropping my frozen mittens on her warm face when I walked into the house.
    This got by me. You posted so you weren't killed. Living dangerously.

BrianMc

Unhinged Aussie on a 29er
    +2 for my ride home this morning, and it felt like cold, so I was a baby about it! Then couldn`t resist waking up my wife by dropping my frozen mittens on her warm face when I walked into the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMc View Post
    This got by me. You posted so you weren't killed. Living dangerously.

BrianMc
    Damn dude... Someone call Kenny Loggins coz you're in the... DANGER ZONE.

You can tell when a man is planning for the future when he buys a really, really nice couch to sleep on. Because he can do stuff like this and know he's going to get a good night's sleep.

Coincidentally, my $1500 couch is FANTASTIC.

mtbr member
    I've ride by here all the time at night on my way home, but only today did I notice that someon had made a Christmas tree along the multi-use trail:

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Good Monday morning all!

Nice pics hunter & newfangled.

Trail commute again and it kinda sucked. I thought they would be firmed up after some warmer weather and snowmobile traffic but they were softer than they were on Friday. Again, a fatbike would have been perfect...I'm just saying. A friend and I skated the lake over the weekend and the direct route has plenty of ice so that is nice.

I Ride for Donuts
    Back in action here... Christmas break was too short yet again. Only 2 weeks off. I don't know how people with 'normal' jobs do it

It warmed up to the teens for me...a nice re-introduction. It's been single digits in the mornings. Still a lot of ice/packed snow out there, and it's been so cold that it's an instant transition... bone dry pavement to packed snow/ice in 1 centimeter Yesterday was the first day we've gotten above freezing since before Christmas.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    20 with a cloud front rolling in from the West. Pretty cool to watch it roll in.

mtbr member
    Good ride this morning. First commute back for the new year. A bit slick in some areas. Wish Anchortown would get some new snow! Maybe the clouds coming in will bring some white stuff.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    I clipped a walker on the MUP this morning and man do I feel bad about it.

Lucky for both of us I was going fairly slow (about 10MPH) because I was climbing a long grade. I was grinding along with my head down just daydreaming away when suddenly she appeared in front of me. I was maybe 3-4 from her when I first saw her. I made an emergency left move and clipped her left arm hard enough to knock the flashlight she was holding out of her hand. Thank god I did not knock her over.

I got off my bike apologizing profusely, asking if she was OK, picked up her flashlight and gave it back to her. She said "didn't you see me?" and I admitted I had not because I was riding with my head down daydreaming. I told her it was completely my fault and that I was an ass for riding with my head down. I must have apologized twenty times. She was nice about it, said she was fine and we parted with a "have a good day".

I cannot help but think about what could have happened if I would have plowed straight into her - I could have really injured her. In four years of riding this route I have never seen anyone walking this section of MUP in the morning which is why I was not paying attention but that's no excuse.

Big wake-up call that I have to pay better attention in the future. I've let myself get a little lazy. Be careful out there everyone.