Page 333 of 421 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343383 ... LastLast
Results 16,601 to 16,650 of 21023
    weirdo
    Hot diggity, CB! Looking forward to some debris strewn trail pics
    Did you end up trying one out before you found this bike, or was that your first fat mount?

Quote Originally Posted by newfangled View Post
    My comment was "Is it illegal to push pedestrian light sensors now? I see drivers do it all the time."...

...And I often do see people jump out of cars to press the buttons.
    Seriously? Though it wouldn`t bother me to see it, I really can`t imagine it happening- would probably burst out laughing if I were to witness an occurance. Different situation from here to there, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    I wrote some Poetry in Motion this morning on the ride in, mostly derogatory, so perhaps it is best I got too busy at work and did not write it down or share it. I only recall it included a line that rhymed with truck and something that rhymed with mist, and one that rhymed with pass, you can fill in the *!@#$!

Sorry about the bath.
    Recalculating....

I'd rather be on my bike
    Good ride in, good ride home. Stuck to the main roads to avoid any potential ice. One main road is still fairly drenched from this melt. Now they are forecasting 60F on Friday, so the local group is going to start riding again. Heh, I just happen to be off this Friday. Should be fun!
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.
    2015 miles: 5019/5000
    2016 miles: 3281/6000

Bedwards Of The West
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    Hot diggity, CB! Looking forward to some debris strewn trail pics
    Did you end up trying one out before you found this bike, or was that your first fat mount?
    I rode an Access Chinook at a Performance Bike...but it was too small. This is the first fatbike I've ever sat on that was actually my size. Dude l bought it from lost a rather important bolt for one side of the super-cool Salsa Alternator dropouts in the rear... so I can't really ride it until my 5 dollar bolt shows up. It's pretty much killing me.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Well... This morning I was coming down hill fairly fast (in the cycle lane) - the traffic to my left (we drive on the right here in Norway) was stationary & this arsehole in a BMW X5 suv sitting at a junction approximately 100m from me sees a gap in the traffic that he absolutely MUST have.

What did he do?

Yep - pulled out right in front of me...

I braked like F**k and managed to go round him. I admit that I invited him to make more use of his eyes in rather graphic and direct terms.
    What I didn't expect is that he stopped dead across the road, blocking off all traffic going in our direction shout at me and take my picture with his cellphone (??). I love it when people do this - you see, I'm Scottish (no, not the kilts and whiskey kind - the other kind...) and this sort of thing is bread and butter to me. Plus I speak fluent Norwegian so I could understand everything the arse was saying to me whilst swearing back in my best Scots

It was getting quite heated until the guy in the car behind threatened to kill us both if we didn't get moving...

Funny thing is that he claimed he didn't see me. Today, I'm wearing the N.C.F (Norsk Cycle Forbund kit. White top and white shorts. Im lit up like Cycle - effing - Jesus here...

mtbr member
    ^That tale of dysfunction made me LOL! Not because it's funny in reality, but you tell it so well

May your next commute be perfectly smooth and uneventful. And people that drive BMWs should try extra hard to avoid fitting the stereotype. Seriously!

mtbr member
    Ugh. no bike for me today. I actually drove. I feel so ... dirty. Have to go to two different client sites today and with temps in the -10s right now, really couldn't bring myself to add the extra five miles from the office to the first location. Funny thing is - was up and all dressed out to ride when the wife asked, "Hey, aren't you driving today?" That was all it took to break my will. Dang her!

mtbr member
    Sweet ride CommuterBoy!

After a long time of resting during the week for my wrists sake (which didn't seem to help much) I rode in today. Some of the MUP I like to take are still packed with ice, had to walk some spots and reroute a few times, but it felt great to ride in again. Still need to find the right seatpost after converting my commuter to drop bars but its very close to feeling good. Ironically I think the stock seatpost that I haven't used in years is going to be the right fit - it didn't have enough setback when I was running flat bars but may be perfect with the midges
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    Hey strangers! Yet again, I had a couple month hiatus. I stopped regularly riding in late November. I finally sucked it up in late January and got my ass on the bike a couple days, then the next week is when we had the blizzard and got 34" of snow in one storm, then another storm, and another and so on and so forth. I'm sure you're all familiar with the unprecedented winter we've had in southern New England. 100" of snow in a few weeks. This week has finally warmed up a bit and the roads are widening. I had all my stuff ready to ride this morning, then I didn't get my lazy butt out of bed in time. I'm shooting for next week to start regularly commuting for the year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy View Post
    I rode an Access Chinook at a Performance Bike...but it was too small. This is the first fatbike I've ever sat on that was actually my size. Dude l bought it from lost a rather important bolt for one side of the super-cool Salsa Alternator dropouts in the rear... so I can't really ride it until my 5 dollar bolt shows up. It's pretty much killing me.
    I am glad that your discussion of 'riding fat' as Rodar put it did not digress to include college romances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_HTX View Post
    Well... This morning I was coming down hill fairly fast (in the cycle lane) ….Funny thing is that he claimed he didn't see me. Today, I'm wearing the N.C.F (Norsk Cycle Forbund kit. White top and white shorts. Im lit up like Cycle - effing - Jesus here...
    He was not looking for a cyclist so he dos not see one. You have done all you can to help him see you. He has to do his part. It is the same reason I am all lit up and have the video to know exactly how I look if a driver is in fact looking properly.

Quote Originally Posted by AthleticAL View Post
    ^That tale of dysfunction made me LOL! Not because it's funny in reality, but you tell it so well May your next commute be perfectly smooth and uneventful. And people that drive BMWs should try extra hard to avoid fitting the stereotype. Seriously!
    +1 Also older RAM pickups seem to be the vehicle of choice for those who can't afford a used Bimmer here. The bigger the tires and exhaust stacks the worse they share the road it seems.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    He he thanks guys. Took a different route home and it was nice and uneventful. Not an arsehole in sight

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    He he thanks guys. Took a different route home and it was nice and uneventful. Not an arsehole in sight

mtbr member
    Rode the new MUP yesterday. Video set + 2 stops on a sunny day did not work. Imagine that! So much sun after all the overcast we have endured. Third try should be a charm. At a couple of streets, the snow plows ripped up the fiberglass ramps used at each crossing. At one, they were completely lifted and some dolt placed them back upside down with the screws pointing up. These were not visible enough. Flatted the rear. Replacement tube's valve blew out. Had to call to be picked up. First flat riding in 2 years. I have swapped out slow leak tubes at home, but this was the first on the road in a long time. The anti puncture tires are pretty decent if I don't run over screws.

mtbr member
    Decent ride in this morning. A bit chilly, but not bad. Good to be back on the bike. Even a day away feels way too long.

CB of the East
    Welcome back Straz85.

I tried a different bike for every day of the week: The Candid Cyclist: Five Bikes in Five Days

In other fatbike news, we've planning on picking up one for rollingrunner tomorrow. Craigslist find, young Framed Minnesota 2.0 for $650.

In other, other fatbike news, I'm racing in the Mainely Fatty event on Sunday. (https://www.bikereg.com/27214)

I'd rather be on my bike
    Yesterday was good, forgot to post it. Was running late, still managed to stop at the bike shop for a quick chain lube and back on my way. Night time temps hovering around the freezing mark make puddles on the road extremely hazardous. When I am on a multi lane road, I have started just taking the lane. Got sick and tired of people squeezing me out, going around while I hugged the curb. Decided that it was safer to just take the lane, make sure my light was on, and be confident out there. So far, no honks, no close calls in the lane, and the road is admittedly nicer in the middle of the lane vs. the far right where the debris tends to collect.

weirdo
    Howdy, Straz. I`ll wish you up some sunshine for next week so you can roll back in smoothly

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMc View Post
    First flat riding in 2 years. I have swapped out slow leak tubes at home, but this was the first on the road in a long time.
    First in two years and the best you could come up with was a non-crash screw hole and a bum valve? I`m disappointed in you, Brian! What happened to the spectacular blowouts that you had so (pain)stakingly perfected? Sheesh!
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Started commuting this week- rode to work 2 days on the new Straggler and today on the Pugs for Fat Friday.

Bike paths are drying up from the snow melt/ground thaw so it got better by the day. I can't wait for those warm mornings and hot afternoons!

Home---> Work---> Brewery ---> Home

Thanks for the motivation, cheers!

guy
    Commuted 4 out of 5 days this week, the first time in a long time I've accomplished that. The one day I couldn't ride was because I needed to be home early for a meeting and wouldn't have made it on the bike. Temperature has been wonderful with no precipitation. It is supposed to rain on my way home this evening though, but I might just use that as an excuse to duck in to the local pub on the way.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    First [flat] in two years and the best you could come up with was a non-crash screw hole and a bum valve? I`m disappointed in you, Brian! What happened to the spectacular blowouts that you had so (pain)stakingly perfected? Sheesh!
    I know - borrrrring! But hey! Having recorded that prior one and having the tarmac tattoos as mementos, I figured been there, done that, have the scars!

For those who want to view or review this moment from November 2012:

weirdo
    ^^We also fondly remember the bottle through the spokes trick from the Habitat ride about the same time.

I retired my wind pats this year, went to shorts with long johns for today`s commute and downgraded one glove level. The pants might possibly make a comeback, but I doubt it.

Happy Pi, fellow US-icans. I guess the rest of the world doesn`t get pie until 31 April, which I think is the day following the 12th of Never?
    Recalculating....

Nice day for a ride..... Moderator
    Well, I began commuting to work this week. Its 14km each way, I rode 2 of the 4 days I worked this week. Hopefully by April I'm riding 3-4 days per week. It was cold and dark but alot of fun.
    Bikin' Bric's Bike Blog

2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fat Bike
    2016 Norco Torrent

mtbr member
    The new MUP, there and back again, Happy Pi Day!

Bedwards Of The West
    Quote Originally Posted by AthleticAL View Post

^Nice bike! I'm a fan of red+black bikes.

Thanks. Went a little redder with the wheels and blacker with the seat (the red seat that came on it didn't match). Now I gotta ditch those anodized pedals... stoked to have flats to play on, but that red is just wrong.

1st fat commute is coming as soon as I get a bolt... still waiting on a bolt for one of the plates on the Salsa-specific dropout. So I'm killing time by drilling holes in things.

How was your commute today?-screen-shot-2015-03-14-9.18.18-pm.jpg

I'd rather be on my bike
    It was a pretty nice day here for the most part. Sunny and low 50's for the ride in. I won't go into detail about me trying to get air into this 88mm deep carbon front wheel I have, but I have a few things to purchase now in order to prevent the Charlie Foxtrot that I had of an experience at a different shop that I stopped into for some air. That is for a whole other thread so onto the ride. Going very well as I headed closer to work. Under the highway over pass and near the car dealership. Mind you, this is a Sunday, and they are not open. I am in the right lane, more over towards the curb than the center of the lane. As I neared the entrance, they cut me off. When I say they right hooked me, they effin Mike Tysoned me. Came across from the left of the two lanes, they cut across, and had I not hit my brake, I would have hit their car. There is no way on the face of this earth that they did not see me. Imfreakinpossible. Very bright rear blinker going, and I am wearing a bright red jacket with a black and white bag strapped across my back and black tights. The contrast of that alone should have alerted them. Now, this was in the middle of the afternoon, not at night, like 2:15. They sped up to get around me and just whipped into that lot. I had to swerve to the left to not hit the car. I did though, with my hand, on their taillight, pretty hard to be honest. That was some serious bullsh-t on their part. Their carelessness almost got me pretty injured if not in a body bag. They also got the one finger salute as I went by because of course, they stopped and were all doe eyed like they did nothing wrong.

The ride home was windy but very nice at 48F. Supposed to only get down to 45 tonight, and then a high in the low 60's tomorrow. Should be a really nice ride in, maybe shorts on the way in. Maybe. Oh, if you were wondering about the wheel, it looks pretty cool, but in a crosswind, you have to hold on to your a** and say a prayer.

CB of the East
    Quote Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
    They also got the one finger salute as I went by because of course, they stopped and were all doe eyed like they did nothing wrong.
    Did they look like this? From this morning. These deer cut right and front of me and then cut into the woods and looked at me all doe eyed.
    How was your commute today?-p1020918.jpg

Good commute this AM even though I was spent from a fatbike race this weekend. I'll post a write-up soon, it was quite a race.

I'd rather be on my bike
    I wish that those were the only animals I had to deal with on my commute.

No one calls me Maurice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Straz85 View Post
    Hey strangers! Yet again, I had a couple month hiatus. I stopped regularly riding in late November. I finally sucked it up in late January and got my ass on the bike a couple days, then the next week is when we had the blizzard and got 34" of snow in one storm, then another storm, and another and so on and so forth. I'm sure you're all familiar with the unprecedented winter we've had in southern New England. 100" of snow in a few weeks. This week has finally warmed up a bit and the roads are widening. I had all my stuff ready to ride this morning, then I didn't get my lazy butt out of bed in time. I'm shooting for next week to start regularly commuting for the year.
    That stuff happens. I rode pretty regular until mid-January this year then got the annual cold/sinus infection which led into allergy season (evergreen pollen) and lots of work travel. Now I'm scrambling to catch-up on my fitness (starting with the short commute - 10 miles each way) so I can get back on the long commute earlier this spring (38 mile round trip).
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

Bedwards Of The West
    Well I'm trying out the framebag that came on my new-to-me fatbike. It's a nice bag... made for the Mukluk but fits the Ogre really well. I never attach anything to the bike, but I looked this thing up and it's like $165, so someone somewhere must like the way it works, yeah?

I stuck the spare tube, tools, and pump in there...freeing up a little space in the backpack. Surprisingly it didn't really bug me at all... I do some pothole-patrol bunnyhopping coming down my dirt road, and I did feel it then (or at least hear the contents jostling around... the weight being on the bike with little stuff like bunnyhopping potholes is what I know I won't like. But overall I think It's not bad... for something like touring or bikepacking, it would be awesome to have, for sure. I can see wanting it just for packing that gigantic spare tube around for the fatty. I see lots of these things on fatbikes...is that why you guys carry them? I mean, spare tube....and your backpack is pretty much full I went tubeless on the Mukluk this weekend and I think I shaved about 24 pounds.

How was your commute today?-screen-shot-2015-03-16-8.09.50-am.jpg

mtbr member
    No commute for me today. Had to take my oldest to the airport at 3AM, so working from home. Feeling a bit under the weather as well, so a good day to just do some basics and veg. Back at it tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Commuted on the bike for the first time since the end of Snowpocalypse 2015 this morning. We actually got a dusting of snow yesterday afternoon, then it went down to 20 overnight, so I knew it was going to be slightly icy, but I wasn't going to be dissuaded. There were a couple sketchy sections (see photo) but the ride was mostly good. Just took it nice and slow. The ride home should be better, it's supposed to be in the mid 40's. It was 25 on my ride in. The other photo is one of the piles of snow at work.

How was your commute today?-bikesno1.jpg

How was your commute today?-bikesnow2.jpg

guy
    Great ride this morning. 51F in the morning and supposed to be 63F for the ride home today. Did some spring cleaning on the road bike over the weekend so I took that this morning. Felt great to be on the fast bike. Had one idiot that tried to squeeze between me and the lane of traffic next to me at a stoplight. He seemed embarrassed that I kept up with him through the next several stoplights and would stop and yell at him at each one. He refused to turn his head to look at me. I think he was sufficiently shamed, so I let it go and enjoyed the rest of my commute to work. Loving this spring weather.

Bedwards Of The West
    Well the tracking info says my Mukluk dropout bolt is out for delivery... Sunny and 66 degrees tomorrow? Sounds like fatbike weather

NDD
    Baby boy
    Hey, Straz is back, welcome back. I hope you enjoy your rides.

TenSpeed, stay safe as always. Beware of the oblivious, for they truly don't know what they are doing.

CB, digging the new bike. Actually, I'm jealous. As for the frame bag, I think there is a Robert Frost poem about being dogmatic and why you'll always kick yourself later for it.

50F this morning and 70F this afternoon. Windy, but a good day for the SS anyway. I was on the track to setting PRs this afternoon but all of the Spring fitness buffs were out. Couple weeks and it'll be too hot for them and I'll be zipping along singing "good riddance" all alone on the bike trail again.
    i am basically just an organic pattern recognition algorithm

Resident Texican
    Today was my first commute since getting hit nearly a month ago. Nothing eventful on my rides today, which is just perfect. It felt great to be on the bike again, but I definitely pushed it a bit too hard on my way in this morning. I need to get my legs back now.
    F@%K! Where the hell did that tree come from?!

NDD
    Baby boy
    Glad to hear your first commute back was a good one.
    i am basically just an organic pattern recognition algorithm

I'd rather be on my bike
    March 16th, 2015. Michigan. 63F for the ride in. Shorts. It was amazing. I stopped in at the bike shop early to get a little brake work done (needed a new lever) and ended up leaving rather late from the shop so I had to really open it up on the way to work. Felt really good to be out there in the sun with shorts on!!!

Ride home? 55F and slightly breezy. Said F it, wore the shorts home and was very comfortable. Dressed it just right for both rides. Had tights with me just in case it got too cool before I left. Did a few extra miles down on campus just tooling around. Might have beaten my own KOM tonight by 2 seconds. Might have.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    It was 78F here yesterday afternoon. It was warm again this morning, but I drove because I need to be at an appointment to get my son's passport. I have 3 weeks off this year, plus my normal 3 weeks vacation time. So we're thinking of heading overseas for a bit.

CB of the East
    Well the tracking info says my Mukluk dropout bolt is out for delivery... Sunny and 66 degrees tomorrow? Sounds like fatbike weather
    Waiting for the report.

Speaking of reports, here's a race report from my weekend event.
    The Candid Cyclist: Mainley Fatty Fatbike Race 2015

The commute home last night was oddly good on soft trails. I also wandered around the lake on my way home in the 40 degree heat.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    On my way in today I passed a cyclist coming the other way with his/her lights focused up and in the eyes of myself and drivers. I couldn't see anything except the lights. Not the edges of the road, not debris, nor the headlights of the minivan that passed me from behind a few moments later.

I wish the states had something like the German guidelines. If we want drivers to consider our needs, we need to consider everyone on the roads, including other cyclists. Worrying just about ourselves is what so many complain about with drivers. Then too many do the exact same thing.

If you have lights (and you should), please remember they are to illuminate the road, not blind a driver.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Got myself a bike GPS so I can track my mileage better since I want to start doing longer rides. I took my "B" route to work because it has a good hill to climb on the SS. Turns out my "B" route is 6.66 miles long, apparently I take the devils route.

My girlfriend also decided she is going to start bike commuting with me once a week which is pretty cool. She doesn't ride in the winter at all so she needs to get her legs back.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by formula4speed View Post
    Got myself a bike GPS so I can track my mileage better since I want to start doing longer rides. I took my "B" route to work because it has a good hill to climb on the SS. Turns out my "B" route is 6.66 miles long, apparently I take the devils route.
    And as of this moment, the commuter thread is on page 666.

mtbr member
    Good commute today. 37F and windy in the valley. 32F in town. Swapped over to the egg beaters for today's ride. Don't know if it was that, the new rear tire, or just getting left a bit early, but I made the bus stop a full ten minutes earlier than my normal time. Must have left early. No way to shave ten minutes off a twelve minute ride...

Running the Vee 8 tire on the rear for now - part of the bulk tire deal from last week. Pretty happy with it thus far. Just have to see how long it lasts.

Supposed to get up to the upper 40s today. I just hope that if it does, it doesn't decide to rain as well. With the ground still frozen... no bueno.

mtbr member
    A couple of blocks from me there's a bridge that's being replaced. Normally it's a pretty handy commuter route, and once it's completed it will be home to "high quality bike infrastructure".

So at this point it's been closed for about a year, and it was supposed to open sometime this fall.

But last night between 2am and 2:15am this happened:

edited to add: this bridge is also a connection for two singletrack trails. You can't see them, but they're just off the bottom left corner and upper right corner. And I've also been avoiding them for the last year since they're partially closed, and they don't connect anymore. So this likely delay is extra annoying.

mtbr member
    ^ You mean the supports aren't supposed to look like spaghetti noodles??
    There is a season, turn, turn, turn
    And a time for every wheel to turn through it

Mantis, Paramount, Campy
    Quote Originally Posted by evandy View Post
    On my way in today I passed a cyclist coming the other way with his/her lights focused up and in the eyes of myself and drivers. I couldn't see anything except the lights. Not the edges of the road, not debris, nor the headlights of the minivan that passed me from behind a few moments later.

I wish the states had something like the German guidelines. If we want drivers to consider our needs, we need to consider everyone on the roads, including other cyclists. Worrying just about ourselves is what so many complain about with drivers. Then too many do the exact same thing.

If you have lights (and you should), please remember they are to illuminate the road, not blind a driver.
    Agree 100%
    I often pass people with enough light to block out the sun. So ridiculous. Yesterday morning it was a good 2 seconds before I could see anything after I passed one such individual.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Quote Originally Posted by evandy View Post

I am guilty of this I think. My headlight mount really lacks and moves my light up from the really bumpy roads. I try to remember to make sure that it is aimed down more but just last night as I got into the darker neighborhood, I realized that it had worked its way up.

Bedwards Of The West
    How did that bridge do that? Earthquake? Tectonic shift?

Quote Originally Posted by bedwards1000 View Post
    Waiting for the report.

Speaking of reports, here's a race report from my weekend event.
    The Candid Cyclist: Mainley Fatty Fatbike Race 2015

The commute home last night was oddly good on soft trails. I also wandered around the lake on my way home in the 40 degree heat.
    Nice work on race day... that sounds (and looks) pretty brutal.

1st fat commute is in the books. No burped tires (as per our other discussion), no drama... learning how one of these beasts handles, feeling things out, a couple little adjustments on the side of the trail. And I didn't break through the crust once

How was your commute today?-screen-shot-2015-03-17-8.51.29-am.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by blockphi View Post
    Running the Vee 8 tire on the rear for now - part of the bulk tire deal from last week. Pretty happy with it thus far. Just have to see how long it lasts.
    Are you running it backwards on the rear? Granted, I've ridden a fat bike exactly once at this point but I have a brand new Vee 8 on the front. I think it's good? Honestly the amount of wandering all over the place that the bike wants to do, how would you know if the tires were good? As soon as I hit the singletrack I was surprised at how much the thing wants to claw its way to the high side of any off-camber trail. Same deal on pavement... just outrageous traction. I don't think the tire was wandering though... just physics at work. I gotta learn how to ride one of these things It requires a whole different kind of steering input. I think I dislike the amount of sweep in the bars I have, and I think they're also too narrow. Gotta go fat and flat so I can boss this thing around.

guy
    60F + for the ride home yesterday so I took advantage of my wife being on night shift (meaning I didn't have anyone to rush home to) and took an extended route. Added about 10 extra miles, several on roads I have never ridden which is always exciting. Wore tights on the way to work but I brought shorts for the ride home, and I'm glad I did. I was dressed absolutely perfect for the temperature. Glad spring is finally here.

Working from home today so that means no ride. Didn't want to deal with crowds of belligerent drunks downtown for st. paddy's day. Excited to get back on the bike tomorrow though.

CB of the East
    Nice work on race day... that sounds (and looks) pretty brutal.

Are you running it backwards on the rear? Granted, I've ridden a fat bike exactly once at this point but I have a brand new Vee 8 on the front. I think it's good? Honestly the amount of wandering all over the place that the bike wants to do, how would you know if the tires were good? As soon as I hit the singletrack I was surprised at how much the thing wants to claw its way to the high side of any off-camber trail. Same deal on pavement... just outrageous traction. I don't think the tire was wandering though... just physics at work. I gotta learn how to ride one of these things It requires a whole different kind of steering input. I think I dislike the amount of sweep in the bars I have, and I think they're also too narrow. Gotta go fat and flat so I can boss this thing around.
    All the brutal parts aren't on film the stuff near the start and finish was smooth as silk. The singletrack took 100% concentration and that was 90% of the race. My friend took a video, turn up the sound, another friend is a screaming lunatic. Fun stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOwMTnbmZe4

Play with the pressure. I prefer higher PSI when possible. It really minimizes the self steer and of course is a lot faster. I usually go soft for the conditions, get pissed at just how totally awful if feels on the road, overcompensate and go to high on the PSI, finally get it dialed in. And then the conditions change and I need to go real low again. Right now it is dialed in pretty good.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    Hey, Straz is back, welcome back. I hope you enjoy your rides.
    Thanks!

This morning was wet. With all the sand and salt on the roads, it was a mess. Even with fenders, my shoes looked like this when I got to work. Good ride though, incident free.

Name:  bikeshoes.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  69.5 KB