Page 323 of 597 FirstFirst ... 223 273 313 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 333 373 423 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,075 of 14924
    MTB, Road, Commuting
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMc View Post
    No sunrise pics here.

On the road I like to meander
    At new things to take me a gander
    Though I don't fly on past
    I'm having a blast
    Speedier than the spotted salamander

BrianMc
    I tried to +rep you on that one but even after handing it out "rep-hoeing" I still get the need to pass it around message when I try to give it to somebody here.

I'm seriously getting the n+1 itch while my bike is in the shop. Things like "I don't own a FS 9er" are going through my head. As well as "If you buy a 29er you're going to need another set of studded tires" IT'S A CURSE I TELL YOU!

I Ride for Donuts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    I am in Asia on business and I ran across this little beauty. How would you like to commute on this?
    That's awesome. Nice trunk space.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMc View Post
    On the road I like to meander
    At new things to take me a gander
    Though I don't fly on past
    I'm having a blast
    Speedier than the spotted salamander
    Winner.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Rough week

Stomach flu hit Sunday night, rode in Monday and back...

Tuesday got up felt dizzy, rode in but it took me twice as long that hurt...had to call the wife for the ride home...

Finally feeling better today.

Pedal pedal pedal
    The rhthym of the riding
    Makes it feel like I'm gliding.

I Ride for Donuts
    ^^ What about your "above the neck/below the neck" rule?

The call of the bike was just too strong, wasn't it? I've been there..

I'm fighting a head cold this week. Epic snot rockets and moving slow, but nothing in the chest/torso. No fun.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy View Post

The call of the bike was just too strong, wasn't it? I've been there..

I'm fighting a head cold this week. Epic snot rockets and moving slow, but nothing in the chest/torso. No fun.
    Should'a followed the rule.

mtbr member
    Chilly this morning. 18 degrees, and all of my proper gloves were in my office. So i had to wear full-fingered summer MTB gloves. Brrrrr...

I had sorta the opposite problem. It was 34F this morning and I couldn't find any of my long-fingered gloves. I didn't have time to dig around looking for them so I drove after I exhausted what available time I had. I wasn't about to ride in near-freezing temps with cutoff gloves.

I wish I knew where my full-fingered bike gloves are that would work well in this temp range. Of course, now it's bright, sunny, and 70ish.

mtbr member

Smoky...

Guess they're doing controlled burns on the reservation this week. Freaked me out as the plume looked like my house was on fire (from a distance). Now everything smells like I've been camping.

I did touch it up a tad though. Makes up for the shortcomings of my cell phone camera.

Moderator Moderator
    ^^ Pretty, but no fun to breathe.

Hope everyone who's been under the weather feels better soon. That means you too BEdwards, n+1 disease is very serious.
    Last edited by mtbxplorer; 11-28-2012 at 05:05 PM.

weirdo
    Not cold, but at least it`s wet. And windy. The Christmas paper that my wife taped up to the front door is in soggy tatters- I guess I`d better go pull it down before it escapes into the wild dark yonder. Keep thinking that one ofthese years she`s going to figure out what wind does, but so far no luck.

So, will we get a ride report from Hong Kong after Woodway gets back from exploring the town on his loaner rod braked beastie? Hope it measures up with the Barcelona edition

Good on ya for braving it with chopped gloves, JChasse! I bet you remember to bring your good gloves home today!

Quote Originally Posted by bedwards1000 View Post
    I'm seriously getting the n+1 itch while my bike is in the shop. Things like "I don't own a FS 9er" are going through my head.
    9er, schmiener. Go fat!

Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy View Post
    Whoa, easy there, cowboy! Lack of boogerchest makes you ornery

Quote Originally Posted by Spatialized View Post
    Guess they're doing controlled burns on the reservation this week. Freaked me out as the plume looked like my house was on fire (from a distance). Now everything smells like I've been camping.
    I love the smell of pee`d out campfire in the morning.
    Recalculating....

Huckin' trails
    SNOW !!!

And yup I got my DIY studded tires out again

How was your commute today?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354163604.400297.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'll be commuting tomorrow for the first time in about two months, had a free train pass for school, and didn't have anywhere to store my bike.

It should be a brisk 30 F so we'll see how it goes, hopefully winds along Lake Michigan aren't too terrible.

Then I have a new commuter arriving tomorrow night after I get home from work!

Swedetarded
    Had rain and JUST above freezing for a few days in a row. Turned to super wet snow last night and there is 10cm on the ground. It's pretty, but super sloppy under the white stuff. Yeah, my ride in took a bit longer today.

mtbr member
    Manila, Philippines
    Perfect weather today.
    I usually bike to work everyday but had a small detour today.
    Had to bring my SUV to the dealer for 100k maintenance work.
    Packed my bike and drove to the dealer, then left my SUV and biked to work.
    I'll be riding back to the dealer when I get off work at 5:00pm.
    I love commuting!

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbigisbudgood View Post
    Had rain and JUST above freezing for a few days in a row. Turned to super wet snow last night and there is 10cm on the ground. It's pretty, but super sloppy under the white stuff. Yeah, my ride in took a bit longer today.
    I have to say, the tourism department must be crying [ "It's that mrbigisbudgood again" ] if they read your posts - the weather there sounds downright miserable. Hang in there and stay safe.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Nice pic Spatialized
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    ^^ Pretty, but no fun to breathe.

Hope everyone who's been under the weather feels better soon. That means you too BEdwards, n+1 disease is very serious.
    Yes, psychiatric help is expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    ...9er, schmiener. Go fat!...
    I do see your point, so what you are saying is n+2 or n+1+1. I'm grumpy because I was just starting to enjoy my woods commutes again now that the ground is frozen. We'll see how the battle between rational and irrational plays out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbigisbudgood View Post
    By far the worst. Snow bounces off and warm rain is tolerable...

19 degrees for this morning's commute - at least that's what it said on my truck thermometer. Had to drive for an after work appointment.

Moderator Moderator
    Got in more than half of the action today...
    Going by yet another quarry.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

mtbr member
    ^^ The cyclist self portraits are pretty cool. And I am not referring to the snow.

Looked up the record of recent rides on the phone and discovered that when I push the last downhill and run up to the next hill I have been speeding at 10 over for a section of road. Almost fast enough to keep up with cars. Definitely faster than the proverbial spotted salamander. That explains seeing the pulse coming down from somewhere north of 175 on the climb out, more than 10 maybe 15 over my max if it hot 180. Recovering nicely.

BrianMc

I Ride for Donuts
    ^^ Nice!

It was dumping rain for my ride home yesterday. Still loving the fender extender. The rain let up for my ride this morning... but here's the national weather service outlook for me and Rodar:

A POWERFUL WINTER STORM WILL MOVE INTO THE REGION TODAY AND
    TONIGHT...BRINGING HEAVY PRECIPITATION AND HEAVY WET SNOW TO THE
    HIGH SIERRA...AND STRONG WINDS TO WESTERN NEVADA. PLEASE REFER TO
    THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON SNOW
    ACCUMULATIONS IN THE SIERRA...AND TO THE HIGH WIND WARNING AND
    WIND ADVISORIES FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THE STRONG WINDS.

VERY HEAVY PRECIPITATION AND STRONG WINDS WILL CONTINUE FRIDAY
    THROUGH SUNDAY. MINOR TO MODERATE FLOODING IS POSSIBLE SUNDAY
    THROUGH TUESDAY ON AREA RIVERS DUE TO THE VERY HEAVY RAINFALL
    EXPECTED OVER THE WEEKEND. ANOTHER...WEAKER...SYSTEM WILL MOVE
    INTO THE REGION BY WEDNESDAY BRINGING ANOTHER CHANCE OF
    PRECIPITATION.

mtbr member
    ^ yesterday we had a severe snowfall warning for a foot of snow, but ended up with less than an inch. Hopefully you guys luck out too.

Our roads have turned to skating rinks over the past few weeks though, so even the little bit of snow that we got really screwed up the drivers. I, however, was once again impressed at how much my winterbike kicks ass.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by newfangled View Post
    ^ yesterday we had a severe snowfall warning for a foot of snow, but ended up with less than an inch. Hopefully you guys luck out too.

Our roads have turned to skating rinks over the past few weeks though, so even the little bit of snow that we got really screwed up the drivers. I, however, was once again impressed at how much my winterbike kicks ass.
    We got about an inch of light Alberta powder....great for skiing....-17C at the river bottom...-14C at the airport.

mtbr member
    Good ride this AM, but cold in Anchorage. -7 by my house thermometer. Another day to be thankful for the beardcycles - best insulation ever.

Short-Change-Hero
    Yup CommuterBoy I got the same report this morning. I had an offsite meeting and the company does not like the idea of me dragging the company computer around in my backpack so had to drive yesterday. Was all excited to ride this morning only to walk out the front door to see what the weather was like (report said a nice 40*) only to promptly get smacked in the face by our screen door as the wind slammed it shut on my nose.

So it was back to the ironing board for clothes to drive in and then I get to work and NO WIND.. BASTARDS!! but it has picked up again and supposed to be 20+mph winds tonight on my 10hr shift.. Oh well, maybe next week.
    Inbred 29r (Purple People Eater)
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)
    Bikes for Boobs F*ck Cancer! One too many, 6/24/13. Miss ya ma'.

weirdo
    I didn`t check the temps tonight, but it was WAY warmer than Anchorage, Calgary or Edmunton! The wind gave me a rough time, though. Besides gusting, it kept changing direction, so I was riding quite a drunken line. And still cloudy, but I don`t think it rained at all today. Maybe later tonight. Waiting for CB`s morning report- hope you get some white. Greg, it sounds like you were looking forward to riding in the wind?
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Excellent commute this morning, got green lights at both major intersections and made it to work a whole 2 minutes faster than usual; temperature was nearly 40F and the wind was negligible, it'd be nice if it were always those conditions.